Collaborate with us to invoke and fully manifest Srila Prabhupada's Vani-presence.
- mother of Prsnigarbha
Pages in category "Prsni"
The following 18 pages are in this category, out of 18 total.
- It is also said that Vasudeva and Devaki, in their previous birth as Sutapa and Prsni, underwent a severe type of penance to get the Lord as their son
- It is also said that Vasudeva and Devaki, in their previous birth as Sutapa and Prsni, underwent a severe type of penance to get the Lord as their son, and as a result of such austerities the Lord appeared as their son
- On hearing the prayers of Devaki, the Lord replied, “My dear mother, in the millennium of Svayambhuva Manu, My father Vasudeva was living as one of the Prajapatis. His name at that time was Sutapa, and you were his wife named Prsni"
- On receiving the benediction from the Lord to become His father and mother, Prsni and Sutapa retired from the activities of austerity and lived as husband and wife in order to beget a child who was the Supreme Lord Himself
- The first time I was known as Prsnigarbha, born of Prsni and Sutapa, in the next birth I was Upendra, born of Aditi and Kasyapa, and now for the third time I am born as Krsna from you, Devaki and Vasudeva
- To appear in the material world the Lord selected His mother and father - namely Prsni and Sutapa, respectively. Whenever the Lord comes as a human being, He must have a mother & father, so He selected Prsni & Sutapa perpetually as His mother and father
- Vasudeva and Devaki had been dam-pati, husband and wife, since the time of Sutapa and Prsni, and they wanted to remain husband and wife in order to have the Supreme Personality of Godhead as their son
- Vasudeva was Prsni in his former life, and Devaki was Sutapa. Sutapa. Sutapa means one who can perform austerities and penance very nicely. Su means nicely, and tapah
- Visnu said: At that time also I appeared before you in this form just to fulfill your desire, and I asked you to ask whatever you desired. At that time you wished to have Me born as your son
- Visnu said: By practicing the breathing exercises of the yoga system, both you (Prsni) and your husband (Sutapa) could tolerate all the influences of the material laws: the rainy season, the onslaught of the wind, and the scorching heat of the sunshine
- Visnu said: During that time, your(Prsni's) mind was always absorbed in Me. When you were executing devotional service and always thinking of Me within your heart, I was very much pleased with you. O sinless mother, your heart is therefore always pure
- Visnu said: I gave you the benediction that I would take birth as your son three times. First, I was known as Prsnigarbha, born of Prsni & Sutapa, next birth I was Upendra, born of Aditi & Kasyapa, and now I am born as Krsna from you, Devaki & Vasudeva
- Visnu said: In due course of time Prsni became pregnant and gave birth to the child. The Lord spoke to Devaki and Vasudeva: “At that time My name was Prsnigarbha"
- Visnu said: With a steady mind and controlled sex drive, you worshiped Me, desiring some wonderful benediction from Me. Both of you (Prsni and Sutapa) practiced severe austerities for twelve thousand years by the calculation of the demigods