Do not include "Krsna-prema"
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Prema"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total.
- In the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu, (3.2.84) sneha (affection) is described as follows - That aspect of prema in which the melting of the heart for the lover is concentrated is called sneha, or affection
- In the material world there is attachment for material enjoyment, but this is not rati. Transcendental rati can be awakened only on the spiritual platform. Ecstatic love for Krsna (prema) is described in the Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu - 1.41
- Of the four kinds of separation, three (purva-raga, pravasa and mana) are celebrated in Srimati Radharani and the gopis. In Dvaraka, among the queens, feelings of prema-vaicittya are very prominent
- One can cease material activities when he actually has the taste for devotional service. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu also recommended love of Godhead as the ultimate goal of life - prema pum-artho mahan
- Prema can be defined as love of God without any expectation of exchange or return. Actually the words prema and love are not synonymous, yet one can say that prema is the highest stage of love. One who has attained prema is the most perfect human being
- Prema is full service rendered unto the Lord
- Prema is mature condition of bhava
- Premanandis (devotees)
- Premanjana-cchurita-bhakti-vilocanena santah sadaiva hrdayesu vilokayanti. Just like thousands and thousands of miles away you can transfer the television picture or your radio sound, similarly, if you can prepare yourself, then you can see always Govinda
- Premanjana-cchurita-bhakti-vilocanena. Simply you have to prepare your eyes, your mind in that way. Here is a television box within your heart. This is the perfection of yoga. It is not you have to purchase one machine, or television set. It is there
- Saksi-gopala was situated for some time in the Jagannatha temple. It seems that in the temple of Jagannatha there was some disagreement between Jagannatha and Saksi-gopala, a disagreement called prema-kalaha, a quarrel of love
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya replied, "This sweet transcendental sound is a special creation of the Lord known as prema-sankirtana, congregational chanting in love of Godhead"
- Some persons are addicted to materially motivated religion, while others are addicted to economic development, sense gratification, or the idea of salvation from material existence. But prema, love of God, is above all these
- The basic aspects of prema, when gradually increasing to different states, are affection, abhorrence, love, attachment, further attachment, ecstasy and great ecstasy
- The gradual development of prema may be compared to different states of sugar. First there is the seed of the sugarcane, then sugarcane and then the juice extracted from the cane
- The love of Radhika is My teacher, and I am Her dancing pupil. Her prema makes Me dance various novel dances
- The most essential part of this pleasure potency is love of Godhead (prema). Consequently, the explanation of love of Godhead is also a transcendental mellow full of pleasure
- The nine varieties of prema-bhakti are rati, prema, sneha, mana, pranaya, raga, anuraga, bhava and mahabhava - attraction, love, affection, adverse feelings, intimacy, attachment, subattachment, ecstatic love and sublime ecstatic love
- These (signs of tears in the eyes and standing of the hairs on the body) are natural consequences and are the preliminary symptoms of the bhava stage, which occurs before one reaches the perfectional stage of prema, love of Godhead
- Through love only, we can very easily go back home, back to Godhead. Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu therefore declared, prema pum-artho mahan: love of Godhead is the highest achievement for anyone
- Thus He (Caitanya Mahaprabhu) spread kirtana even among the untouchables. He wove a wreath of the holy name and prema, with which He garlanded the entire material world
- Thus He spread kirtana even among the untouchables. He wove a wreath of the holy name and prema, with which He garlanded the entire material world
- Thus with two intentions the Lord appeared with His devotees and tasted the nectar of prema with the congregational chanting of the holy name
- We shall eagerly wait for the happy days of Bhagavata-dharma, or prema-dharma, inaugurated by the Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- When one becomes accustomed to inoffensive chanting, then his fruit is that he is promoted to the stage of pure Love of Godhead, or prema. This prema is the perfectional stage of consciousness and the most blissful by very far
- When Srimati Radharani was fully absorbed in love of Krsna, She mistook a black tamala tree for Krsna and embraced it. Such a mistake is called prema-vilasa-vivarta
- When that bhava softens the heart completely, becomes endowed with a great feeling of possessiveness in relation to the Lord and becomes very much condensed and intensified, it is called prema (love of Godhead) by learned scholars
- When this (devoid of a respectful) attitude is chosen, it becomes sakhya-prema, or love of Godhead in friendship. On this stage there is developed consciousness of equality between the Lord and the devotee