preceptor | preceptorial | preceptors
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Preceptor"
The following 29 pages are in this category, out of 29 total.
- If we are really anxious to know the principles of eternal life or life after death, and if we really want to see things in their true perspective, it is necessary for us to establish a relationship with a preceptor who can really open our eyes
- If we want to go still further and acquire knowledge transcendental, we must first of all seek qualified transcendental preceptors who can lead us on the path
- In the BS (5.27-28) it is stated: the lotus-born Brahma received the Gayatri mantra, which had sprung from the song of Sri Krsna’s flute. In this way he attained twice-born status, having been initiated by the supreme, primal preceptor, Godhead Himself
- It is necessary for us to establish a relationship with a preceptor who can really open our eyes and lift us from the clutches of nescience. This process of approaching the spiritual master is an eternal verity
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has said that anyone, regardless of what he is, who is well versed in the science of Krsna (Srimad-Bhagavatam and Bhagavad-gita) can become an authorized preacher or preceptor in the science of Krsna
- Sri Govindaji acts exactly like the siksa-guru (instructing spiritual master) by teaching Arjuna the Bhagavad-gita. He is the original preceptor, for He gives us instructions and an opportunity to serve Him
- Sri Vyasadeva is the original spiritual preceptor for all men. And all other preceptors are considered to be his representatives. A representative is one who can exactly present the viewpoint of Sri Vyasadeva
- The brahmanas are the religious preceptors for all other castes, and the sannyasis are the spiritual masters for all the castes and orders of society. So also are the king and the public leaders who are responsible for the material welfare of all people
- The light of knowledge is kindled by our preceptors, and we can see things as they are only by our preceptors' mercy. From our very birth we have become accustomed to gathering knowledge by the mercy of our preceptors, whether father, mother, or teacher
- The secret is that one must submissively listen to those who know perfectly the science of God, and one must begin the mode of service regulated by the preceptor
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is actually the master of all sacrifices and preceptor of all the Prajapatis, and He is served even by such personalities as Nanda and Sunanda
- Their (devotees) relative, son, preceptor, benefactor and Supreme Deity, they cannot be deprived of their possessions at any time because they accept Me as their friend
- There is but one way to perceive things in the depth of darkness. Only if somebody brings a light into the darkness is it truly possible to see things as they are. Similarly, the light of knowledge is kindled by our preceptors
- There were friends, parents and preceptors also on both sides, and all of them were killed. It was simply horrible for him (Yudhisthira) to think of such killing, and therefore he was thinking of residing in hell for millions and billions of years
- To know the principles of eternal life, and if we really want to see things in their true perspective, it is necessary for us to establish a relationship with a preceptor who can really open our eyes and lift us from the clutches of nescience
- Two kinds of association, physical and preceptorial
- We can march along the path of progressive knowledge only by the help of such preceptors, from whom we gather experience by submissive hearing
- We go forward on the path of knowledge by the mercy of our preceptors - from learning the alphabet up to completing our university career
- When He entered the palace, He offered obeisances to all the mothers, including Kaikeyi and the other wives of Maharaja Dasaratha, and especially His own mother, Kausalya. He also offered obeisances to the spiritual preceptors, such as Vasistha