"Pradyumna Misra"|"Pradyumna Brahmacari"|"Nrsimhananda Brahmacari"
- took instruction from Ramananda Raya
- Same person as Nrsimhananda Brahmacari
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya and Pradyumna Misra (8 P)
Pages in category "Pradyumna Misra"
The following 42 pages are in this category, out of 42 total.
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have described but a fraction of the transcendental attributes of Ramananda Raya, as revealed when he instructed Pradyumna Misra
- I (Krsnadasa Kaviraja Gosvami) have thus described the narration concerning Pradyumna Misra and how, following the order of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, he listened to discourses about Krsna spoken by Ramananda Raya
- I (Pradyumna Misra) cannot properly describe the discourses of Ramananda Raya, for he is not an ordinary human being. He is fully absorbed in the devotional service of the Lord
- I also hear topics about Krsna from Ramananda Raya. If you want to hear such topics, go to him again
- I do not know how to inquire, for I do not know what is good and what is bad. Seeing me to be poor in knowledge, kindly speak whatever is good for me by your own good will
- I see that you have acquired a taste for hearing talks regarding Krsna. Therefore you are extremely fortunate. Not only you but anyone who has awakened such a taste is considered most fortunate
- I wish to hear topics concerning Lord Krsna constantly. Be merciful unto me and kindly tell me something about Krsna
- In great happiness he worshiped the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. The Lord inquired, "Have you heard topics about Krsna"
- In the list of devotees at Jagannatha Puri (which begins with Paramananda Puri, Svarupa Damodara, Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya and Gopinatha Acarya), Kasi Misra was the fifth, Pradyumna Misra the sixth and Bhavananda Raya the seventh
- It is said that Nakula Brahmacari displayed the prowess (avesa) and Pradyumna Brahmacari the appearance (avirbhava) of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- It is your good fortune that you are inclined to hear topics regarding Krsna. The best course for you would be to go to Ramananda Raya and hear these topics from him
- Pradyumna Misra answered, "Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu has sent me to hear topics about Lord Krsna from you"
- Pradyumna Misra replied, "I came simply to see you. Now I have purified myself by seeing Your Honor"
- Pradyumna Misra replied, "Kindly tell me about the same topics you spoke about at Vidyanagara"
- Pradyumna Misra said, "My dear Lord, You have made me extremely obliged to You because You have drowned me in a nectarean ocean of talks about Krsna"
- Pradyumna Misra thereupon described the activities of Sri Ramananda Raya. After hearing about these activities, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu began to speak
- Pradyumna Misra went to Ramananda Raya, who offered him respectful obeisances and said, "Please order me. For what purpose have you come"
- Pradyumna Misra, being thus advised by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, went to the home of Ramananda Raya. There the servant of Ramananda Raya gave him a proper place to sit down
- The servant informed them, "The day has already ended." Then Ramananda Raya ended his discourses about Krsna
- The speaker and listener spoke and heard in ecstatic love. Thus they forgot their bodily consciousness. How, then, could they perceive the end of the day
- The thirteenth branch was Pradyumna Brahmacari
- There is one other thing Ramananda Raya said to me "Do not consider me the speaker in these talks about Krsna"
- This is Pradyumna Misra, who is chief of all Vaisnavas. He is a great servitor of Jagannatha, and his name is Dasa
- To demonstrate the transcendental attributes of Ramananda Raya, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu sent Pradyumna Misra to hear discourses about Krsna from him
- What I have heard from Ramananda Raya is like a nectarean ocean of discourses about Krsna. Even the demigods, beginning with Lord Brahma, cannot understand all these topics
- When the servant informed Ramananda Raya of Pradyumna Misra's arrival, Ramananda Raya immediately went to the assembly room
- While Pradyumna Misra remained seated there, Ramananda Raya took the two girls to a solitary place