Prabhupada Speaks - Lectures, Purports to Songs
- These are the purports to 22 unique songs. A total of 29 tracks (5 in two parts)
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Prabhupada Speaks - Lectures, Purports to Songs"
The following 74 pages are in this category, out of 74 total.
- All the acaryas, they are not different from one another. Because they are coming in the disciplic succession from the original spiritual master and they have no different views, therefore, although they are many, they are one
- Amara Jivana, CD 8 - Amara jivana sada pape rata nahiko punyera lesa. This is a song sung by Bhaktivinoda Thakura in Vaisnava humbleness. A Vaisnava is always meek and humble
- Anadi Karama Phale, CD 7 - This is a song sung by Bhaktivinoda Thakura, depicting the picture of the conditioned soul
- Arati means the arati, reception. Koren, doing. Brahma, Lord Brahma. Adi, headed by. Deva-gane, all the demigods. that means "To offer arati reception to Lord Caitanya, all the demigods have come down, headed by Lord Brahma."
- Arati Song, 1968 - The aratrika ceremony which is going on on the bank of the Ganges to receive Lord Caitanya is so beautiful that it is attractive to the people of the world, all people of the world
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1966 part one - I am requesting, my dear mind, you do not drive in this way, dangerously. Please worship Lord Krsna who is fearless shelter
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1966 part two - Don't put me into the ocean of birth and death. Please save me, and just make your life successful in the association of saints and sages. That is my request
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1967 part one - Durlabha manava-janama. Durlabha means very rare to obtain. Manava-janma means this human form of life. It comes after a very long rotation
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1967 part two - Abhilasa means aspiration, hope, or ambition. He (Govinda dasa) is ambitious of becoming a devotee in nine different ways
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1969 - Govinda dasa advises that "You just engage your mind in Krsna consciousness. Then mind becomes automatically controlled"
- Bhajahu Re Mana, 1972 - If you train the mind, then mind is your best friend. And if you cannot train your mind, then will be your bitterest enemy
- Bhajahu Re Mana, CD 5 - My dear mind, my desire is that you kindly help me hearing about this abhaya-caranaravinda, Krsna, sravana. And let me chant about His glories, sravana kirtana
- Bhuliya Tomare, CDV 17 - We have heard so much about surrender. So here are some of the songs how one can make surrender
- Brahma Samhita, 1966 - Simply by His glance He (the Lord) impregnates the material energy for functioning. It is going on. So He has got all the potencies in all the parts of His body
- Dasavatara Stotra, 1970 part one - Next is Kurmavatara. There was churning of the ocean. One side all the demigods and one side all the demons
- Dasavatara Stotra, 1970 part two - Next incarnation is Lord Rama. So He fought with Ravana who had ten heads
- Dasavatara Stotra, CD 8 part one - Pralaya-payodhi-jale dhrtavan asi vedam. This is a song sung by great Vaisnava poet Jayadeva Gosvami
- Dasavatara Stotra, CD 8 part two - Next incarnation is Vamanadeva. This Vamanadeva, a dwarf, He went to Bali Maharaja and asked him three feet land, and his guru, Sukracarya, induced him not to promise, because He is Visnu
- Gaura Pahu, 1969 - Why I have invited the spiritual death? Because I am engaged in something which is useless and I have rejected the real purpose of my life
- Gauranga Bolite Habe, 1968 Dec 29 - Rupa-raghunatha-pade haibe akuti. When I shall be very much eager to study the books left by the Six Gosvamis. Akuti means eagerness
- Gauranga Bolite Habe, 1968 Jan 5 - Pulaka-sarira means shivering on the body. When one is factually situated in the transcendental platform, sometimes there are eight kinds of symptoms: crying, talking like a madman, and shivering of the body
- Gauranga Bolite Habe, 1969 Jan 9 - As soon as one will chant the name of Sri Krsna Caitanya, there will be shivering. This is the first symptom that one is getting advanced in the perfectional stage of Krsna consciousness
- Gauranga means with all this paraphernalia. As soon as we speak of gauranga, we should mean the five: Lord Nityananda, Advaita, Gadadhara, and Srivasa. All together
- Gaurangera Duti Pada, 1969 part one - Lord Caitanya's pastimes are also as much transcendental as Lord Krsna's
- Gaurangera Duti Pada, 1969 part two - one who can understand that the associates of Lord Caitanya are ever-liberated... Nitya-siddha bale mani, sei yaya vrajendra suta-pasa. Immediately he becomes eligible to enter into the abode of Krsna
- Govinda dasa is reminding his mind "You have experience of your material happiness. So material happiness means, the ultimate goal of material happiness is sex life. But don't you remember how long you can enjoy this sex life?" Capala. "Flickering"
- Hare Krishna Maha Mantra, 1971 - This transcendental name is so sweet that either you chant with your one mouth and one tongue or with one thousand mouths or one thousand tongues, still, you will never feel tired
- Hare Krishna Maha Mantra, CD 2 - This chanting of Hare Krsna is directly enacted from the spiritual platform, surpassing all lower states of consciousness-namely sensual, mental and intellectual
- Hari Hari Biphale, 1968 part two - If anyone wants to get out of this blazing fire of poison of material enjoyment, then he has to take to this hari-nama-sankirtana, this chanting. That is the only method. So I did not do that
- Hari Hari Biphale, 1969 - This Krsna consciousness movement, sankirtana movement, is nothing material. It is directly imported from the spiritual kingdom known as Goloka Vrndavana
- He is chanting. He does not think that he is satiated. This transcendental name is so sweet that either you chant with your one mouth and one tongue or with one thousand mouths or one thousand tongues, still, you will never feel tired
- His business is to please the inhabitants of Vrndavana. That's all. He has no other business. And the vraja-jana also, they have no other business than to please Krsna. That's all. This is original Krsna
- If you can keep these six principles always in front then your progress in Krsna consciousness is sure
- In the path of Krsna consciousness the first principle is enthusiasm. If you lack enthusiasm then other things will not happen. And you can keep enthusiastic if you follow the rules and regulation and chant regularly Hare Krsna mantra
- It (hari-nama-sankirtana) is not ordinary song. It is just the treasure of love of Godhead
- It does not matter whether a man is king, or a poor mendicant. Everyone has the facility to become the greatest devotee of the Lord
- Jaya Radha Madhava, 1971 Jul 20 - As the Gopi-jana-vallabha, His only business is how to protect gopi-jana. So our Krsna consciousness movement is how to become one of the gopi-jana. Then Krsna will save us from any danger
- Jaya Radha-Madhava, 1971 Feb 14 - Radha-Madhava giri-vara-dhari. Vraja-jana-vallabha. His business is to please the inhabitants of Vrndavana. That's all. He has no other business. And the vraja-jana also, they have no other business than to please Krsna
- Manasa Deho Geho, CD 5 - Bhakativinoda kohe, suno kana: "My Lord, Kana-Krsna, You are the Lover of Radharani, but You are my life and soul, kindly give me protection"
- Mangalacarana Prayers, 1969 - Vande 'ham sri-gurun, all the gurus, or spiritual masters. The offering of respect direct to the spiritual master means offering respect to all the previous acaryas. Gurun means plural number
- My advice to you, I am old man. So even I may not return, you shall continue this Krsna consciousness movement. This is eternal and I shall request you to keep the standard as I have already given you the program
- Narada Muni Bajay Vina, CD 3 - Bhaktivinoda Thakura says, "And the whole universe became ecstatic. Then my desire was satisfied and I therefore pray unto the lotus feet of Rupa Gosvami that let this chanting of hari-nama go on nicely like this"
- Narottama dasa Thakura says, "When that day will come, so that simply by uttering the name of Lord Caitanya there will be a shivering on my body?"
- Narottama dasa Thakura says, golokera prema-dhana, hari-nama-sankirtana. This Krsna consciousness movement, sankirtana movement, is nothing material. It is directly imported from the spiritual kingdom known as Goloka Vrndavana. So golokera prema-dhana
- Nitai Guna Mani Amara, CDV 17 - Ocean of love of Godhead is a big ocean, but it was not inundated. So Nityananda Prabhu cut a canal from the ocean, and He brought the canal in every door
- Nitai Pada Kamala, 1968 part one - Nitai-pada-kamala means the lotus feet of Lord Nityananda. Koti-candra-susitala. It is just a shelter where you will get the soothing moonlight not only of one, but of millions of moons
- Nitai Pada Kamala, 1968 part two - They (human animals) have become maddened by a false concept of the bodily life. Ahankare matta hoiya, nitai-pada pasariya: And for this reason they have completely forgotten their eternal relationship with Nityananda
- Nitai Pada Kamala, 1969 - If you are actually serious about going back to home, back to Godhead, then please seek after the mercy of Nityananda
- Nitai-pada-kamala means the lotus feet of Lord Nityananda. Koti-candra-susitala. It is just a shelter where you will get the soothing moonlight not only of one, but of millions of moons
- Nrsimha Prayers, 1970 - Nrsimhadeva will give you protection in my absence. I am now going to Japan to get some books printed personally and after that my program is to go to India
- Parama Koruna, 1969 Jan 16 - My dear brother, just try to worship these two Lords, Caitanya and Nityananda, sudrdha visvasa kori', with faith and conviction
- Parama Koruna, 1969 Jan 4 - I can simply think of my misfortune only that Yamaraja, the superintendent of death, he is punishing me in this way, that he is not allowing me to be attracted to this movement
- Parama Koruna, 1975 part 1 - These two prabhus, Nityananda Prabhu and Caitanya Mahaprabhu, are very merciful, parama koruna. Parama koruna means extremely merciful
- Parama Koruna, 1975 part 2 - You cannot say, "No, I will not die." No, that is not possible. So where is your freedom? But we are declaring, "Now we are independent." This is all illusion. Caitanya appeared to save us from all these illusions
- Parama Koruna, 1975 part 3 - jnane prayasam udapasya namanta eva. Just become submissive. And where to submit? You must submit to a perfect person. Otherwise why should you submit?
- Prayers by King Kulasekhara, 1968 - Let me die in the sound condition of my life so that I can think of your lotus feet
- Prayers of King Kulasekhara, CD 14 - This prayer was offered by one king whose name was Kulasekhara. He was a great king, at the same time a great devotee
- Spiritual life means to develop real love. Everyone says love. There are so many signboards, so many papers, "love, love." But there is no love. This is illusion. It is all lust. Love for intoxication, love for sex, love for this... This is going on
- Sri Krsna Caitanya Prabhu, 1968 - O Lord Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, kindly show me your causeless mercy. Sri-krsna-caitanya prabhu daya karo more. Because You have come to deliver fallen souls, so You will not find the most fallen soul like me
- Sri Krsna Caitanya Prabhu, 1969 - My dear Lord Nityananda, You are always joyful, in spiritual bliss, and You appear always very happy. So I have come to You because I am most unhappy. So if You kindly put Your glance over me, then I may also become happy
- Sri Nama, CD 3 - Either you stay at your home as a householder, or you stay in the forest as the renounced order of life, it does not make difference, but you have to chant the maha-mantra, Hare Krsna
- Sri Sri Siksastakam, 1968 - Glories to the sri-krsna-sankirtana, which cleanses the heart of all the dust accumulated for years together. Thus the fire of conditioned life, of repeated birth and death is extinguished
- Sri Sri Siksastakam, CDV 15 - Lord Caitanya gave us eight stanzas of His mission, what He wanted to do. They are explained in eight stanzas, and they are known as Siksastaka. Siksa means instruction, and astaka means eight
- Sri-Sri-Gurv-astakam, 1969 - This song is offering obeisances particularly to the spiritual master, and the symptoms of the spiritual master are described in this prayer
- The Deity worship, the kirtana, the street sankirtana, distribution of literature, books. You should carry on this program with great enthusiasm. That is my request
- The spiritual master comes to the deliverance of the fallen souls out of his causeless mercy. Nobody has any business for the sufferings of others. The best example is Lord Jesus Christ, that he suffered for others
- There is no botheration for securing a piece of leaf, a piece of flower or a little water or a piece of fruit. Any poor man, any rich man, can secure. And the Lord says "Anyone who offers Me these four things with devotion, with love, I accept them"
- Vibhavari Sesa, CD 7 part one - Bhaktivinoda Thakura. He's asking everyone to rise early in the morning. Vibhavari sesa, the night is over, aloka-pravesa, the glimpses of sunlight are there, now you get up
- Vibhavari Sesa, CD 7 part two - Bhaktivinoda Thakura is requesting everyone, "Now you chant all these different names of the Lord, and save me"
- We should be conscious of our fallen condition and pray to the Lord in that way, that "My dear Lord, somehow or other I am fallen. Now kindly pick me up."
- Whole instruction is that all sleeping members of the human society, they should take advantage of this Krsna consciousness movement and willingly they should accept. Then there will be immediate effect and everyone will be out of the clutches of maya