parakiya | "parakiya-rasa"
- "transcendental parakiya-rasa"
- "conjugal love with the Personality of Godhead Krsna", "paramour love", "damsels of Vraja"
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
- ► God's Parakiya-rasa (4 P)
- ► Krsna's Parakiya-rasa (12 P)
- ► Parakiya-rasa Devotees of God (3 P)
- ► Paramour (1 C, 17 P)
Pages in category "Parakiya-rasa"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- According to another accusation, Srila Jiva Gosvami did not approve of the principles of the parakiya-rasa of Vraja-dhama and therefore supported svakiya-rasa, showing that Radha and Krsna are eternally married
- Actually, when Jiva Gosvami was alive, some of his followers disliked the parakiya-rasa of the gopis. Therefore Srila Jiva Gosvami, for their spiritual benefit, supported svakiya-rasa
- Although the gopis at Vrndavana expressed their lusty desires in relationship with a paramour (parakiya-rasa), they actually had no lusty desires
- In Goloka Vrndavana there is an exchange of love known as parakiya-rasa. It is something like the attraction of a married woman for a man other than her husband
- In the material world this sort of relationship (the attraction of a married woman for a man other than her husband) is most abominable because it is a perverted reflection of the parakiya-rasa in the spiritual world
- In the material world, parakiya-rasa is abominable, whereas in the spiritual world it is present in the superexcellent relationship of Krsna and the gopis
- In the material world, parakiya-rasa, or loving affairs with unmarried girlfriends, is the most degraded relationship, but in the spiritual world this type of loving affair is considered the supreme enjoyment
- In the spiritual world the highest, topmost level of love, parakiya . . . parakiya means love not by marriage life; by friendship. That is there. But there is no such inebriety. It is pure
- It is stated in the Caitanya-caritamrta that the parakiya sentiment exists only in that transcendental realm (Goloka Vrndavana) and nowhere else
- Srila Jiva Gosvami was never opposed to the transcendental parakiya-rasa, nor has any other Vaisnava disapproved of it
- Svakiya and parakiya conjugal love of Godhead have no existence in the material world, and parakiya is not exhibited anywhere in Vaikuntha, but only in the portion of Goloka Vrndavana known as Vraja
- The attitude of a married man who desires another wife or a wife who desires another husband is called parakiya-rasa
- The inhabitants of spiritual planets engage in varieties of loving service unto the Supreme Personality of God, which include different rasas, or relationships, known as dasya-rasa, sakhya-rasa, vatsalya-rasa, madhurya-rasa and, above all, parakiya-rasa
- The parakiya-rasa of the spiritual world should not be discussed except by one who is very advanced in pure devotional service. The parakiya-rasa in the spiritual world and that in the material world are not comparable
- The queens at Dvaraka were svakiya, or duly married wives, but the damsels of Vraja were young friends of the Lord while He was unmarried
- The risks involved in such love of Godhead (parakiya-rasa) make this emotion superior to the relationship in which such risk is not involved. The validity of such risk, however, is possible only in the transcendental realm
- There is no possibility of enjoying this transcendental parakiya-rasa within the material world. It is stated in Srimad-Bhagavatam that one should not imitate this parakiya-rasa even in dream or imagination. Those who do so drink the most deadly poison
- Therefore when people imitate the rasa dance of Krsna with the gopis, they simply enjoy the perverted, abominable reflection of the transcendental parakiya-rasa
- This parakiya-rasa is ever-existent in Goloka Vrndavana, in the spiritual sky, where there is no possibility of the inebriety which characterizes parakiya-rasa in the material world