pacify | pacifying | pacified | pacifies | pacifism | pacifists
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Pacify"
The following 160 pages are in this category, out of 160 total.
- A devotee like Prahlada sometimes sees that the Lord is coming from a long distance to pacify him, like a mother responding to a child, saying, "My dear child, do not cry. I am coming
- A person who can speak sweetly even with his enemy just to pacify him is called a pleasing talker. Krsna was such a pleasing talker that after defeating His enemy, Kaliya, in the water of Yamuna, He said
- According to political science, a king sometimes tries to pacify his subordinates, sometimes chastises them, sometimes derides them and sometimes rewards them. In this way the king rules his subordinates
- According to this axiomatic truth (BG 18.17), Kamsa pleaded that he was not responsible for having killed the sons of Devaki and Vasudeva. "Please try to excuse me for such false, external activities," he said - and be pacified with this same knowledge
- After hearing such enlightening instructions from Sri Balarama, Rukmini immediately became pacified and happy and adjusted her mind, which was very much afflicted by the degraded position of her brother Rukmi
- After hearing the arguments and talks of Caitanya, all the Mayavadi sannyasis who were present became pacified and replied with sweet words: Dear sir, what You have spoken is all true. A person who attains love of Godhead is certainly very fortunate
- After instructing and pacifying all the demigods, as well as Bhumi, with sweet words, Lord Brahma, the father of all Prajapatis, or progenitors of the universal population, departed for his own abode, the highest material planet, called Brahmaloka
- After pacifying Kamalakanta Visvasa in this way, Sri Advaita Acarya Prabhu went to see Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- After pacifying the King in this way, Kesava Chatri sent a brahmana messenger to Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu, requesting Him to leave without delay
- After performing the ritualistic observances for the death of his brother, Hiranyakasipu, being extremely unhappy, tried to pacify his nephews
- After seeing that all the trees on the surface of the earth were being turned to ashes, Lord Brahma immediately came to the sons of King Barhisman and pacified them with words of logic
- After some time, the teachers Sanda and Amarka thought that Prahlada Maharaja was sufficiently educated in the diplomatic affairs of pacifying public leaders, appeasing them by giving them lucrative posts, dividing and ruling over them
- After the destruction of the yajna arena by the followers of Lord Siva, Lord Brahma pacified him and assured him that he would get his share of prasada. Thus he was requested to rectify whatever destruction was caused by his followers
- After thus pacifying the Pracetas, Soma, the king of the moon, gave them the beautiful girl born of Pramloca Apsara. The Pracetas all received Pramloca's daughter, who had high, very beautiful hips, and married her according to the religious system
- All the quarters of the Gundica temple were completely cleansed and cleared. All quarters were cool and spotless, like one's cleansed and pacified mind
- All these (the destruction of the Yadu dynasty and the passing away of God) hurled him (Vidura) into bereavement for the time being, but because he was highly advanced in transcendental knowledge, he was quite competent to pacify himself by enlightenment
- Always hungry, longing for sufficient food, a poverty-stricken man gradually becomes weaker and weaker. Having no extra potency, his senses are automatically pacified - SB 10.10.16
- Amongst all the demigods, Lord Siva can be pacified even by the lowest class of men, who need only offer him obeisances and leaves of a bael tree. Thus his name is Asutosa, which means that he is pleased very quickly
- Arjuna had to keep the promise he had made before Draupadi just to pacify her. And he also had to satisfy both Bhima and Krsna, who advised killing him (Asvatthama). This dilemma was present before Arjuna, and the solution was awarded by Krsna
- Arjuna selected Krsna as his guru. He did not go to anyone else, because he knew, - I can't find any other means to pacify me. You are the only one
- Arjuna visited Dvaraka, and all the widow wives of Lord Krsna lamented before him. He took them all in the presence of Vasudeva and pacified all of them
- As soon as Devaki's brother heard that his sister's eighth son would kill him, he was immediately ready to kill Devaki. But Devaki's husband pacified him
- As soon as Kamsa got this information from Narada Muni, he took out his sharp sword and prepared to kill Vasudeva for his duplicity. But Narada pacified him. "You are not to be killed by Vasudeva," he said. "Why are you so anxious to kill him?"
- Asuras try to pacify the goddess Kali, or Durga, by worshiping her in material opulence, but when the asuras become too intolerable, goddess Kali does not discriminate in killing them wholesale
- At this time, King Daksa, afflicted by love and affection, was very much awakened to his real senses. With great endeavor, he pacified his mind, checked his feelings, and with pure consciousness began to offer prayers to Lord Siva
- Balarama said, "They (the Yadus) were preparing to attack the whole kingdom of the Kuru dynasty, but I pacified them and took the trouble to come here to settle the affair without any fighting. Yet these rascals behave like this"
- Because he (Siva) was also Asutosa, she (Diti) implored her brahmana husband (Kasyapa) to help her in pacifying Lord Siva, for her husband was a great devotee of Lord Siva
- Before taking any action against him (Vena), the sages tried to pacify and correct him so that he might turn from his mischief
- Being thus pacified, the goddess of fortune returned to her apartment. Just see! My goddess of fortune is opulent beyond all description
- Being very sorry, the he-goat, who was subservient to his wife, followed the she-goat on the road and tried his best to flatter her, but he could not pacify her
- Brahma pacified the sons of King Barhisman (the Pracetas) with good logic
- Brahma was accompanied by all the demigods, headed by Siva, and Bhumi also followed. Arriving on the shore of the milk ocean, Brahma began to pacify Lord Visnu, who had formerly saved the earthly planet by assuming the transcendental form of a boar
- By serving You (Lord Krsna) constantly, one is freed from all material desires and is completely pacified. When shall I engage as Your permanent eternal servant and always feel joyful to have such a perfect master
- Diti was conscious of her offense (untimely sexual intercourse) and was anxious to be excused by Lord Siva. Lord Siva has two popular names, Rudra and Asutosa. He is very prone to anger as well as quickly pacified
- Draupadi, the mother of the five children of the Pandavas, after hearing of the massacre of her sons, began to cry in distress with eyes full of tears. Trying to pacify her in her great loss, Arjuna spoke to her thus
- Finally Ramananda Raya pacified the King and made him sit down. The Lord bestowed mercy upon him through His body, mind and words
- First he slowly pacified his mind by intelligence, and wiping away his tears and thinking of the feet of his master, Dhrtarastra, he began to reply to Maharaja Yudhisthira
- For this reason, my son, you should immediately pacify Kuvera with gentle words and prayers, and thus his wrath may not affect our family
- From Srimad-Bhagavatam we understand that when Krsna departed from this world, Arjuna was overwhelmed with sorrow, but when he began to remember the instructions of Bhagavad-gita, he became pacified
- He (Balarama) took His bath there (the place of pilgrimage known as Prabhasa-ksetra), and He pacified the local brahmanas and offered oblations to the demigods, Pitas, great sages and people in general, in accordance with Vedic ritualistic ceremonies
- He (Kamsa) personally unlocked the iron shackles and very sympathetically showed his friendship for his family members. When Devaki saw her brother so repentant, she also became pacified and forgot all his atrocious activities against her children
- He (Uddhava) had brought a message in writing from Krsna, and now he wanted to present it before the gopis, just to pacify them. He said, "My dear gopis, your mission of human life is now successful"
- He slapped the fisherman three times and said, "Now the ghost has gone away. Do not be afraid." By saying this, he pacified the fisherman
- He would think that His life was successful because He had seen the lotus-eyed one, whom, if seen, pacifies the body, mind and eyes
- How one can be pacified fully? When he does not manufacture the fulfillment of desire. We manufacture. The whole material world is going on by manufacturing ideas
- I am glad to learn how the students are friendly toward the devotees although they are generally depressed and rebellious. So Krsna Consciousness is so nice that it can pacify even the most rebellious person because it appeals to the soul
- I think if you ask all of them to cooperate with him while you stry to improve your business separately that will pacify things. I am hopeful and praying to Krsna that you become successful
- If the citizen is not pacified, the king should then offer him some lucrative post as a governor or minister-any post that draws a high salary - so that he may be agreeable
- In political affairs, when a person disobediently agitates against the government, four principles are used to suppress him - legal orders, pacification, the offer of a post, or, finally, weapons. When there are no other arguments, he is punished
- In speaking against Lord Siva, Daksa tried to pacify the assembly by presenting in a very tactful way that he was going to speak about the manners of gentle persons
- In the Visnu Purana it is stated that in order to pacify Devaki, all the demigods, along with their wives, used to visit her to encourage her not to be afraid that her son would be killed by Kamsa
- In this respect, the example of the father's being angry at the son and the son's trying to pacify the father with smiling and sweet words is very appropriate
- It appears that Kasyapa was already inclined to have sexual enjoyment with his wife (Diti), and because he was not a strong man he tried to dissuade her only with pacifying words
- It is also stated in Bhagavad-gita (BG 6.22): yasmin sthito na duhkhena gurunapi vicalyate. Even if he suffers some reversals in life, a devotee is never agitated. Whoever takes shelter of a great soul or a great devotee becomes pacified
- It is specifically said that to pacify the brahmanas, one's face should be lotuslike. A lotuslike face is exhibited when one is adorned with love and affection
- Kamsa agreed to the logical arguments of Vasudeva, and, having full faith in Vasudeva's words, he refrained from killing his sister. Vasudeva, being pleased with Kamsa, pacified him further and entered his own house - SB 10.1.55
- Krsna continued, "I request you (Akrura), O large-hearted one, to show Me the jewel just once before My other relatives so that they may be pacified and reject various kinds of rumors"
- Krsna continued, "Now you (Maharaj Ugrasena) can pacify them all and give them assurance of security. The whole kingdom will be peaceful"
- Learned priests gave her (Rukmini) protection by chanting mantras from the Sama Veda, Rg Veda and Yajur Veda. Then they chanted mantras from the Atharva Veda and offered oblations in the fire to pacify the influence of different stars
- Lord Balarama, of course, could understand the ecstatic feelings of the gopis, and therefore He wanted to pacify them
- Lord Brahma came down to pacify King Prthu regarding his continual performance of one hundred sacrifices
- Lord Brahma then brought Tara to a secluded place, and after pacifying her he asked to whom the child actually belonged. She replied very slowly, "This is the son of Soma, the moon-god." Then the moon-god immediately took charge of the child
- Lord Indra, who is very much fond of sense gratification, has killed the two brothers Hiranyaksa and Hiranyakasipu by means of Lord Visnu. Therefore Indra is cruel, hardhearted and sinful. When will I, having killed him, rest with a pacified mind?
- Lord Siva can be pacified even by the lowest class of men, who need only offer him obeisances and leaves of a bael tree
- Lord Siva has two popular names, Rudra and Asutosa. He is very prone to anger as well as quickly pacified
- Maharaja Nanda replied, "We are arranging, therefore, to pacify King Indra, because he has very kindly sent us clouds to pour down a sufficient quantity of rain for successful agricultural activities. Water is very important"
- Maharaja Pariksit, who could fight one thousand enemies single-handedly, thus pacified the personality of religion and the earth. Then he took up his sharp sword to kill the personality of Kali, who is the cause of all irreligion
- Many men are advertised as great scholars of the Bhagavad-gita, but they overlook the Gita's message, by which material nature can be pacified
- May there be good fortune throughout the universe, and may all envious persons be pacified. May all living entities become calm by practicing bhakti-yoga, for by accepting devotional service they will think of each other's welfare
- My dear King, one brahmana, who was an old friend of King Puranjana, came to that place and began to pacify the Queen with sweet words
- My dear Lord, please pacify your anger completely and hear patiently whatever I submit before you. Please turn your kind attention to this. I may be very poor, but a learned man takes the essence of knowledge from all places
- O hero (Vidura), Diti, being thus afflicted by the contamination of lust, and therefore poor and talkative, was pacified by the son of Marici in suitable words
- One kind of khala, the snake, can be pacified simply by mantras or by the action of a particular herb (mantrausadhi-vasah sarpah khalakena nivaryate). An envious person, however, cannot be pacified by any means
- One may sometimes be faced with a grievous situation created by a brahmana, but instead of meeting him with a similar mood, one should try to pacify him with a smiling face and mild treatment
- One should worship the brahmanas & Vaisnavas by offering them all kinds of endowments & sweet words, & if one has no means to offer anything, he must at least use sweet words to pacify them. The Lord personally exhibited this behavior towards the Kumaras
- One's mind is always agitated by the passionate mode of material nature and bewildered by the ignorant mode of nature. But one can rectify such conceptions by the relation of Visnu and thus become pacified by cleansing the dirty things created by them
- Others, who are pacified by means of transcendental self-realization and have conquered over the modes of nature by dint of strong power and knowledge, also enter into You, but for them there is much pain
- Pacified devotees
- Politics includes such departments of knowledge as how to make peace, how to fight, how to pacify, how to divide and rule and how to give shelter. All these items were fully explained and instructed to Krsna and Balarama
- Powerful nature can be pacified only by the awakening of God consciousness, as clearly pointed out in the Bhagavad-gita (7.14)
- Prahlada Maharaja was still a boy, and therefore his teachers thought that if they pacified the little boy he would immediately speak the truth, revealing the secret of how the Vaisnavas came there to teach him lessons in devotional service
- Sama means "pacifying." Vasudeva wanted to pacify Kamsa by indicating relations, gain, welfare, identity and glorification. Reference to these five concerns constitutes sama
- Satyavati, however, pacified Rcika Muni with peaceful words and requested that her son not be like a fierce ksatriya. Rcika Muni replied, "Then your grandson will be of a ksatriya spirit." Thus Jamadagni was born as the son of Satyavati
- Shaking Uddhava's hand with His own hands, He (Krsna) said, "My dear gentle friend Uddhava, please go immediately to Vrndavana and try to pacify My father and mother, Nanda Maharaja and Yasoda-devi, and the gopis"
- She (Gandhari) was equally aggrieved on the death of Karna, and she described to Lord Krsna the lamentation of Karna's wife. She was pacified by Srila Vyasadeva when he showed her dead sons, then promoted to the heavenly kingdoms
- Simply a few examples (of the opulences and energies of the Supreme) are being described to Arjuna to pacify his inquisitiveness. BG 1972 purports
- Simply by hearing about Your lotus feet with eagerness and devotion and by meditating upon them within the heart, one at once becomes enlightened with knowledge, and on the strength of detachment one becomes pacified
- Since the fisherman was afraid of being haunted by a ghost, Svarupa Damodara gave him a slap and chanted Hare Krsna, which immediately pacified him
- Sivananda Sena made all arrangements for the party's necessities. In particular, he pacified the men in charge of levying taxes and found resting places for everyone
- So long we are not again reestablished in our lost relationship with Krsna, we shall remain restless. That is our natural condition. Just like child is crying, restless. But when the mother takes the child on the lap, the child is immediately pacified
- So long you manufacture ideas, you may be pacified for some time, but it will not exist. Therefore you have to stop this manufacturing process, that "I shall be happy in this way." No. That is called free of anxieties
- Somehow or other the mind of Kuvera had been agitated, and Dhruva Maharaja was advised to pacify him
- Sri Advaita Acarya sent four persons - Nityananda Gosani, Jagadananda Pandita, Damodara Pandita and Mukunda Datta - to accompany the Lord. After pacifying His mother, Sacimata, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu submitted prayers to her lotus feet
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu said, "Please pacify all the devotees and My mother. If You become agitated, no one will be able to continue to exist"
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu, as the world leader, was personally giving instructions on how one should receive Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, within one's cleansed and pacified heart
- Sri Caitanya-caritamrta is ever-increasingly fresh. For one who hears it again and again, the heart and ear become pacified
- Sri Maitreya said: Thus when Kardama Muni, the progenitor of human society, was spoken to in fullness by his son, Kapila, he circumambulated Him, and with a good, pacified mind he at once left for the forest
- Sri Nityananda Prabhu was very tactfully suggesting that Caitanya Mahaprabhu give a piece of His old clothing to the King (Prataparudra). Even though the King was not to meet the Lord, the King would then be pacified by receiving such a cloth
- Sri Sukadeva Gosvami said: After hearing from Uddhava all about the annihilation of his friends and relatives, the learned Vidura pacified his overwhelming bereavement by dint of his transcendental knowledge
- Sri Vyasadeva said, "All you (Narada Muni) have said about me is perfectly correct. Despite all this, I am not pacified"
- Srila Yamunacarya has recited in his Stotra-ratna: By serving You constantly, one is freed from all material desires and is completely pacified. When shall I engage as Your permanent eternal servant and always feel joyful to have such a fitting master?
- Srimad-Bhagavatam and bhagavata-dharma are meant for persons who are completely free of envy (parama-nirmatsaranam). Therefore Prahlada Maharaja prays in this verse (SB 5.18.9), khalah prasidatam: "May all the envious persons be pacified"
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: After thus advising the demigods and pacifying mother earth, the very powerful Lord Brahma, who is the master of all other Prajapatis and is therefore known as Prajapati-pati, returned to his own abode, Brahmaloka - SB 10.1.16
- Sukadeva Gosvami continued: O best of the Kuru dynasty (King Pariksit), Kamsa was fiercely cruel and was actually a follower of the Raksasas. Therefore he could be neither pacified nor terrified by the good instructions given by Vasudeva - SB 10.1.46
- That deer is exactly like a prince. When will it return? When will it again display its personal activities, which are so pleasing? When will it again pacify a wounded heart like mine?
- The all-powerful Brahma, who was born from the lotus flower, pacified the boy with gentle words, accepting his request, and said: Do not cry. I shall certainly do as you desire
- The child cries, but when the woman who is the child's mother comes and picks him up, at once he is pacified. He has no language to express all this, but his relationship with his mother is a law of nature
- The demon (Vrkasura) was greatly pacified by the sweet words of Lord Narayana in the form of a brahmacari, and at last he disclosed all that had happened in regard to the benediction offered by Lord Siva
- The demons were so captivated by the tricks and friendly words of Mohini-murti that although the demigods were served first, the demons were pacified merely by sweet words
- The devotee has to cleanse his heart just as the Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu cleansed the Gundica temple. In this way one can be pacified and enriched in devotional service
- The devotees have no demands in their lives but to be obedient servants of the Lord, while all others, namely the empiric philosophers, the mystics and the fruitive workers, all basically have some demand, and as such they cannot be pacified
- The devotees present there pacified him with very sweet and affectionate words, and Srinivasa again offered his obeisances to the tomb
- The difficulty is that the khala (envious living entity) is rarely pacified
- The envious man is more dangerous than a snake because a snake can be subdued by charming mantras or by some herbs, but an envious person cannot be pacified by any means
- The great sage Rcika was very angry, but somehow or other Satyavati pacified him, and at her request he changed his mind. It is indicated here (in SB 9.15.11) that the son of Jamadagni would be born as Parasurama
- The great sages, having thus decided, approached King Vena. Concealing their real anger, they pacified him with sweet words and then spoke as follows
- The great saint Maitreya continued to address Vidura: My dear Vidura, at that time, after the planet earth finished her prayers, King Prthu was still not pacified, and his lips trembled in great anger
- The heralding sound of the auspicious conchshell was very encouraging, and apparently the sound pacified their dejection (the inhabitants of the city of Dvaraka were in a mood of dejection, because they could not bear the separation of the Lord)
- The inhabitants of the city of Dvaraka were in a mood of dejection and expected the arrival of the Lord at any moment. So the heralding sound of the auspicious conchshell was very encouraging, and apparently the sound pacified their dejection
- The jnanis and the devotees are actually in agreement up to the point of liberation from material contamination. But the jnanis remain pacified on the platform of simple understanding, the devotees develop further spiritual advancement in loving service
- The king began to pacify his Queen very slowly because he was very expert in flattery. First he touched her two feet, then embraced her nicely, seating her on his lap, and began to speak as follows
- The King, with aggrieved mind, began to speak to his wife with very pleasing words. Although he was filled with regret and tried to pacify her, he could not see any symptom of anger caused by love within the heart of his beloved wife
- The Lord (Krsna) also desired that King Yudhisthira be pacified by the words of Bhismadeva so that the world could see that Bhismadeva excelled all in knowledge, including the Lord Himself
- The pacified sages chanted Vedic prayers, the denizens of heaven sang, the beautiful damsels of the heavenly planets danced, and in this way, at the time of the appearance of Nara-Narayana, all signs of good fortune were visible
- The people are so mad, they are talking so many nonsense things - nonsense philosophy, nonsense science - and our task is to meet all of them and at the same time pacify them in their lunatic condition
- The Pracetas were engaged in burning all the trees to ashes, and they considered the trees their enemies. To pacify the Pracetas, the predominating deity of the trees, under the advice of Lord Brahma, delivered the daughter Marisa
- The sage Maitreya said: O mighty-armed Vidura, Lord Siva, being thus pacified by the words of Lord Brahma, spoke as follows in answer to Lord Brahma's request
- The symptoms of mahatma, great soul. So the first symptom is that he is equal to everyone, sama-cittah. And the next qualification is prasanta. Prasanta means pacified. He's not disturbed by any material anxiety
- There may be mosquito biting or bugs biting or something in the belly troubling, crying. Mother is trying to pacify, but we are crying, crying. We cannot express. So these are the miserable condition of life
- Thereafter the King of the moon pacified Prajapati Daksa with courteous words and thus regained the portions of light he had lost during his disease. Nevertheless he could not beget children
- They (foolish men) start varieties of public and semi-governmental institutions to tackle the devastating power of nature, but they don't know how to pacify insurmountable nature
- They (Vidura and Akrura) pacified her (Kunti), saying that her sons were extraordinarily powerful; she should not be perturbed about them, since they were born of great demigods like Yamaraja, Indra and Vayu
- They look upon the brahmanas as My own Self and pacify them by praising them in loving words, even as a son would appease an angry father or as I am pacifying you
- This verse (of CC Madhya 25.37) from Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.46.43) was spoken by Uddhava when he came to pacify all the inhabitants of Vrndavana during Krsna’s absence
- To pacify King Indra, Brhaspati assured him that the time would certainly come, for Brhaspati could see that in the future Bali Maharaja would defy the orders of Sukracarya in order to pacify Lord Visnu, Vamanadeva
- To pacify Rukmini, Lord Balarama said to her, "You should not be sorry that your brother (Rukmi) has been made odd-looking. Everyone suffers or enjoys the results of his own actions"
- To pacify the demon, the brahmacari told him (Vrkasura), "My dear, if you think that you can disclose the mission for which you have taken the trouble to come here, maybe I shall be able to help you so that your purpose will be easily served"
- To pacify the mourning Yudhisthira, Narada first of all spoke from the philosophical point of view, and then he began to describe the future movements of his uncle, which he could see by his foreseeing powers, and thus began to describe as follows
- Wanting to pacify Kamsa, who was so cruel and envious that he was shamelessly ready to kill his sister, the great soul Vasudeva, who was to be the father of Krsna, spoke to him in the following words - SB 10.1.36
- We appointed this Vena king of the state in order to give protection to the citizens, but now he has become the enemy of the citizens. Despite all these discrepancies, we should at once try to pacify him
- When a citizen agitates the public against the king, the duty of the king is to call him and try to pacify him with sweet words, saying, "You are very important in the state. Why should you disturb the public with some new cause for agitation?"
- When Hiranyakasipu's servants brought the boy Prahlada back to the guru-kula (the place where the brahmanas taught the boys), the priests of the demons, Sanda and Amarka, pacified him
- When I (Arjuna) present you with the head of that brahmana, after beheading him with arrows from my Gandiva bow, I shall then wipe the tears from your eyes and pacify you. Then, after burning your sons' bodies, you can take your bath standing on his head
- When one can control the urges of the tongue and genitals, that is called dhrtih. From dhrtih, one becomes dhira, pacified. A pacified person is never disturbed by the urges of the tongue and the genitals
- When Prajapati Daksa was lamenting for his lost children, Lord Brahma pacified him with instructions, and thereafter Daksa begot one thousand more children in the womb of his wife, Pancajani. This time his sons were known as the Savalasvas
- When the most powerful Lord Brahma saw the demigods coming toward him, their bodies gravely injured by the arrows of the demons, he pacified them by his great causeless mercy and spoke as follows
- When we get in touch with the transcendental Lord in His variegated energies by devotional service, the naked forms of all material desires become manifest, and the intelligence of the living being is pacified in its true color
- With sweet words he began pacifying his nephews, whose names were Sakuni, Sambara, Dhrsti, Bhutasantapana, Vrka, Kalanabha, Mahanabha, Harismasru and Utkaca. He also consoled their mother, his sister-in-law, Rusabhanu, as well as his own mother, Diti
- With these words (SB 8.16.20), Kasyapa Muni tried to pacify his wife. Aditi made her appeal to her material husband. Of course, that is nice, but actually a material relative cannot do anything good for anyone