Category:On the Other Hand
"on the other hand"
Pages in category "On the Other Hand"
The following 68 pages are in this category, out of 68 total.
- A rich miser does not know how to utilize his wealth, and therefore, in spite of his being very rich, his miserly behavior keeps him everlastingly a poor man. On the other hand, a person who knows how to utilize wealth can quickly become a rich man
- A Vaisnava does not disrespect the demigods, but on the other hand he is not so foolish that he accepts each and every demigod as the Supreme Lord. The Supreme Lord is master of all demigods; therefore the demigods are His servants
- Actions performed in Krsna consciousness are durable. On the other hand, material achievements, because they pertain to the body, are vanquished at death
- Arjuna, on the other hand, took Krsna as his most intimate friend. Arjuna was not a Vedantist but a fighter, a warrior. He had no time to study Vedanta because he had to deal with war and politics, but still he was the greatest devotee
- Balarama said, "On the other hand, Duryodhana is superior in the art of fighting with a club. Taking this into consideration, My opinion is that neither of you is inferior to the other in fighting"
- Bhakti-yoga is independent of jnana or karma; on the other hand, jnana and karma are dependent on bhakti-yoga
- Brahma said, "On the other hand, persons who falsely think themselves to be liberated without taking shelter of Your lotus feet fall down because their intelligence is not pure"
- By that only qualification, that he's not a Vaisnava, he cannot become guru, whereas, on the other's hand. If a person, sva-pacah means coming of the family of dog-eaters, candala - if he has become a Vaisnava, you can accept him as guru
- Demons are full of hate, greed, anger, lust, etc., & they are tireless in their efforts to illicitly amass great wealth merely to gratify their sensual urges. On the other hand, their competitors are no less expert in cheating them of their black wealth
- Duryodhana, on the other hand, decided to take Krsna's soldiers. Thus in order to pacify Arjuna, Krsna told him not to worry, although he could not execute the astanga-yoga system
- He (God) gives the living entities freedom to act as they like, but on the other hand they must accept a body according to the reactions of their activities. Thus there are different types of bodies
- He (the Supreme Lord) is even within the atom. In this way the Supreme Lord Govinda is all-pervasive. On the other hand, the living entities are very, very small
- Here we have got experience of the material ocean; it does not increase. On the other hand, gradually it is decreasing
- If someone gives up all material prospects and takes complete shelter of the SPG, there is no loss or degradation in any way. On the other hand a nondevotee may fully engage in his occupational duties and yet not gain anything. BG 1972 purports
- If we purify our senses, on the other hand, we can come to the spiritual platform. Real happiness lies in engaging our senses to satisfy the senses of Krsna
- If we want to be intelligent, we can adopt the process how to become intelligent. But on the other hand, if we are actually intelligent, why not take this Krsna consciousness immediately and become intelligent
- In the Caitanya-caritamrta the lusty desire of the gopis is compared to gold. The lusty desires of a materialistic man, on the other hand, are compared to iron. At no stage can iron and gold be equated
- In this age specifically, this jada-yoga cannot be of any practical value, but on the other hand the practice of bhakti-yoga is feasible because it is just suitable for this age
- King Prthu was so neutral that if his own son were punishable, he would not hesitate to punish him. On the other hand, if the son of his enemy were innocent, he would not engage in some intrigue in order to punish him
- Krsna indicates that if one is able to leave his body at a particular time, he can become liberated, never to return to the material world. On the other hand, he indicates that if one dies at another time, he has to return
- On the one hand they (so-called swamis) enjoy variegatedness in matter, and on the other they deny spiritual variegatedness to the Absolute. Because they are pledged to the theory of monism and impersonalism
- On the other hand, a devotee knows, "With whatever intelligence I have I may try to become happy, but without Krsna's sanction I shall never be happy." This is the distinction between a devotee and a nondevotee
- On the other hand, although bathing in the Ganges diminishes bodily contaminations and infections, this process and the process of visiting holy places can cleanse the heart only after a long time
- On the other hand, anyone who takes to the process of devotional service and has faith that the lotus feet of the Lord are safe boats to cross that ocean is certain to cross very easily and comfortably
- On the other hand, even though Rukmini was the goddess of fortune, she went to the temple of goddess Durga because the family deity was worshiped there
- On the other hand, he who controls the senses by the mind and engages his active organs in works of devotion, without attachment, is by far superior. BG 3.7 - 1972
- On the other hand, if one can think of Krsna at the time of death, he can be transferred to the spiritual world, Goloka Vrndavana
- On the other hand, that literature which is full of descriptions of the transcendental glories of the name, fame, forms and pastimes of the unlimited Supreme Lord is a different creation - SB 1.5.11
- On the other hand, that literature which is full of descriptions of the transcendental glories of the name, fame, forms, pastimes, etc., of the unlimited Supreme Lord is a different creation, full of transcendental words
- On the other hand, the devotees of Lord Visnu, who is the controller of the goddess of fortune, do not appear very prosperous, and sometimes they are even found living without any material opulence at all
- On the other hand, the lusty desire of Kubja is described by learned scholars as being almost lusty desire. Kubja was a hunchback woman who also wanted Krsna with a great ecstatic love
- On the other hand, the tree of material entanglement, which thrives on fruitive activities and their results, can never bring forth any hope for peace
- On the other hand, there are others, predominantly the discontented youth, who don't want any part of this. Thus the world contains those engaged in bhoga and those engaged in tyaga
- On the other hand, there is no such imperfection in the laws of God. If leaders are educated in the laws of God, there is no necessity of a makeshift legislative council of aimless men
- On the other hand, they captivate My heart who are gladdened in heart and who, their lotus faces enlightened by nectarean smiles, respect the brahmanas, even though the brahmanas utter harsh words
- On the other hand, those who are engaged in impious activities are degraded and take birth as animals, trees and plants
- On the other hand, those who are not devotees but are engaged in uncertain processes of self-realization, such as jnana, yoga and karma, are understood to be still contaminated
- On the other hand, when the Lord (Caitanya) learned that the wife of one of His householder devotees was pregnant, He asked that the baby be given a certain auspicious name - CC Intro
- One doesn't have to aspire for his next body; one need only rest assured that it will be a different body. On the other hand, Krsna does not say what kind of body one will be awarded. That depends on qualification
- One of the friends of Mother Yasoda continues, "On the one hand, there is your child who is always captivated by sucking the milk from your breast, and on the other hand there is the great Govardhan Hill which can obstruct the passing of the clouds"
- People have become so degraded in this age that on the one hand they restrict polygamy and on the other hand they hunt for women in so many ways
- Pious men obey God's laws and are gradually elevated to perfection. The impious, on the other hand, capriciously flaunt God's laws and try to be independent
- Prthu Maharaja exacted taxes and gave such strong orders to the citizens and government that no one had the power to disobey him. On the other hand, he pleased everyone just like the moonshine
- So far we are concerned, we cannot accept this philosophy, that God is dead. But we preach on the other hand, that God is not only not dead, but He can be approached finally face to face
- Sometimes it is seen that spiritually advanced persons become materially impoverished. This is no discouragement. On the other hand, such impoverishment is a good sign as much as the falling of temperature is a good sign
- Speculative knowledge alone, without devotional service, is not able to give liberation. On the other hand, even without knowledge one can obtain liberation if one engages in the Lord's devotional service
- The denizens (of heaven) used to drink nectar to become immortal, but actually they were not confident of their immortality. On the other hand, the boys who were playing with Krsna had no fear of the demons. They were free of fear
- The friend of Nanda Maharaja said, "Just imagine how wonderful it is! On one hand He is only a boy of seven years, and on the other hand there is a huge hill like Govardhana Hill, and He lifted it so easily"
- The gopis said, "While passing through here, with one hand resting on the shoulder of the goddess of fortune and the other hand twirling a lotus flower, He (Krsna) must have been very much pleased to accept your obeisances"
- The King said: "To transgress the laws of respectful behavior toward the brahmanas is certainly a great offense. On the other hand, if one does not observe the breaking of the fast within Dvadasi's time, there is a flaw in one's observance of the vow"
- The prakrta-sahajiyas sometimes criticize pure devotees by calling them philosophers, learned scholars, knowers of the truth, or minute observers, but not devotees. On the other hand, they depict themselves as the most advanced
- The real pleasure of variety exists in spirit without deluding relativity. On the other hand, inert matter, in association with dynamic spirit, manifests a false representation or a perverted reflection of that very spiritual variegatedness
- The theists, on the other hand, have faith in the Lord and pray to Him with various motives. One attains such a theistic life not by chance but as a result of performing many pious acts in both the present life and the past life
- The worshipers of the demigods are not very intelligent persons because they derive only temporary, exhaustible results. Their endeavors are those of less intelligent men. On the other hand, the Lord assures that His devotee has no fear of falling
- There is no difference between Krsna's body and Krsna Himself. He is entirely self, entirely spirit. We, on the other hand, have a body that is different from ourselves
- There is no difficulty in coming in contact with the Supreme Lord. On the other hand, going to hell requires great endeavor. If one wants to go to hell by illicit sex, meat-eating, gambling and intoxication, he must acquire so many things
- These proud mlecchas (persons who are less than sudras), representing themselves as kings, will tyrannize their subjects, and their subjects, on the other hand, will cultivate the most vicious practices
- They (Gopis) were perplexed because on one hand they were attracted by the beauty of Krsna, and on the other they needed Krsna to drive away the demon of such attraction
- They (impersonalists) worship the Lord in His visva-rupa, or all-pervading universal form, and on the other they think of the Lord's unmanifested, indescribable, subtle form
- Those who want to commit spiritual suicide by sacrificing their individuality are a breed by themselves. Such self-destroyers are known as pure monists. On the other hand, those who desire to maintain their individuality are dualists, or personalists
- When a ksatriya or brahmana adopts the occupation or duty of a vaisya (krsi-go-raksya-vanijyam (BG 18.44)), he is certainly counted as a vaisya. On the other hand, if one is born a vaisya, by his activities he can become a brahmana
- When Indra releases a thunderbolt, even the biggest hills and mountains crack. On the other hand, Maharaja Prthu was as tolerant as the earth itself, and he fulfilled all the desires of his citizens just like torrents of rain from the sky