omen | omens
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Ominous (1 C, 6 P)
Pages in category "Omen"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- A few months passed, and Arjuna did not return. Maharaja Yudhisthira then began to observe some inauspicious omens, which were fearful in themselves
- After a mysterious omen, the King (Maharaja Dusmanta) accepted them (Sakuntala and her son Bharata). After Maharaja Dusmanta's death, Bharata, the son of Sakuntala, was enthroned
- Alas, not only human beings but sometimes even providence lies. And I (Kamsa) am so sinful that I believed the omen of providence and killed so many of my sister's children - SB 10.4.17
- Kamsa was driving the chariot and controlling the reins with his left hand, but as soon as he heard the omen that his sister's eighth child would kill him, he gave up the reins, caught hold of his sister's hair, and with his right hand took up a sword
- Krsna and Balarama then learned the art of foretelling events by seeing signs. In a book called Khanara-vacana, the various types of signs and omens are described
- The coincidence that as soon as you received my letter for opening the Berlin center immediately, Krishna has sent you immediately a check for 200 American dollars - this is a good omen that we should immediately open our branch in Berlin
- The omen spoke of astamo garbhah, referring to the eighth pregnancy (of Devaki), but did not clearly say whether the child was to be a son or a daughter
- These are some bad omens indicating something undesirable in the near future
- Well, sleep, when you sleep and dream, you take it all false. It is not very good omen
- When everyone heard from the omen that Sakuntala and her child were truly the King's wife and son, the King gladly accepted them
- When the King refused to accept his wife and son, who were both irreproachable, an unembodied voice spoke from the sky as an omen and was heard by everyone present
- When there are constant disturbances on the earth, that is an omen that some demoniac people have been born or that the demoniac population has increased
- While all the people talked amongst themselves, Daksa saw dangerous omens from all sides, from the earth and from the sky
- While this scene (Kaliya and Krsna) was taking place on the bank of the Yamuna, there were ill omens manifest. The earth trembled, meteors fell from the sky, and the left side of men's bodies shivered. All these are indications of great immediate danger