"modern days"|"modern day"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Modern Times (16 P)
Pages in category "Modern Days"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total.
- I must explain my position because in these days, a person being worshiped as most exalted personality is something revolution. Because they like democracy, by vote somebody should be elevated however rascal he may be
- Impersonal meditation is a bogus invention of modern days
- In modern days people are very much inclined toward communistic ideas of society, but we do not think that there can be any better communistic idea than that which is explained in this verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam - SB 7.14.9
- In modern days the people in general occupy the administration by the strength of manipulated votes, but they are never trained in the primary duties of the king, and that is also not possible for everyone
- In modern days, it is not possible to give up one's home and go to the forest to practice austerity, but if people of all ages would take shelter of the Krsna consciousness movement, it would be a very easy task to get salvation from this material world
- In modern days, when the influence of Kali Age is so disturbing, practically everyone is untrained in this art (controlling the life air by the prescribed yogic process) of bodily exercise
- In modern days, wherever there is monarchy, sometimes the ministers and elderly members of the family select one member from the royal family to occupy the throne in preference to another
- In the modern day, the wife is never submissive, and therefore home life is broken even by slight incidents. Either the wife or the husband may take advantage of the divorce laws
- It is specifically mentioned here (in SB 9.18.2) that if one enters political life, especially in the modern day, one looses the chance for human perfection
- It is the general opinion that among modern-day spiritualists who have tried to know the Supreme through their own puny efforts, Sri Aurobindo has attained some degree of realization
- The descendants of the sons of Prtha, like Maharaja Pariksit, were afraid of losing their reputations, but in the modern days the leaders are not even afraid of killing such offenseless animals - the bull and the cow
- The process of understanding spiritual or transcendental knowledge from the realized person is not exactly like asking an ordinary question from the schoolmaster. The schoolmasters in the modern days are paid agents
- The schoolmasters in the modern days are paid agents for giving some information, but the spiritual master is not a paid agent. Nor can he impart instruction without being authorized