Pages in category "Misunderstanding God"
The following 15 pages are in this category, out of 15 total.
- Harih sarvesu bhutesu. This statement is sometimes misunderstood by unscrupulous persons who wrongly conclude that because Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is situated in every living entity, every living entity is therefore Hari
- He is never to be misunderstood to be other than the Supreme Lord because of His assuming the form of a boar to lift the earth. That is the understanding of sages and great personalities like Brahma and other residents of the higher planetary system
- His identity being fully spiritual, His form, name, quality, and paraphernalia, etc., have been elaborately distinguished from matter, and therefore He is sometimes misunderstood by less intelligent persons as impersonal
- The impersonalists misunderstand the worship of Lord Visnu. They worship Lord Visnu to merge into His body. In order that visnu-aradhana not be misunderstood, Caitanya Mahaprabhu requested that Sri Ramananda Raya proceed further and clear up the issue
- The Lord says that everything is resting on Him. This should not be misunderstood. The Lord is not directly concerned with the maintenance and sustenance of this material manifestation. BG 1972 purports
- The Lord's pastimes with the gopis are all displays of transcendental existence, bliss and knowledge, although these are manifested apparently as sex love. The specific attraction of His pastimes with the gopis should never be misunderstood
- There is a book of the name Yoga-vasistha that Mayavadis greatly favor because it is full of impersonal misunderstandings regarding the Supreme Personality of Godhead, with no touch of Vaisnavism
- There is a class of philosophers who misunderstand the appearance of the Personality of Godhead within this material world
- This should not be misunderstood (the Lord entering the womb of Aditi). One should not think that the Lord became the son of Aditi the way an ordinary child is born because of sexual intercourse between man and woman