Method of Devotional Service to God
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Method of Devotional Service to God"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
- Among the ways of executing devotional service, the nine prescribed methods are the best, for these processes have great potency to deliver Krsna and ecstatic love for Him
- As far as Bhagavad-gita is concerned, it is the direct method (of devotional service) that is stressed. Everyone is advised to take to the direct method and surrender unto the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna. BG 1972 purports
- As we sincerely try to improve our chanting for the pleasure of Krishna, Krishna reciprocates and we feel our greatest pleasure which is devotional service to the Lord. So, you may continue with this method, it is very nice and approved by me
- Bhakti is a cleansing method, vidhi-bhakti. But by engaging oneself in this Deity worship, he also becomes cleansed. Tat-paratve... Sarvopadhi... As he becomes enlightened or advanced in understanding that he is eternal servant of Krsna
- By culture of Vedic knowledge one must know Lord Krsna and should not falsely speculate on the word aham, or "I." The only method for understanding the Supreme Truth is devotional service
- Devotional service is such a powerful transcendental method that it surpasses all other methods of transcendental realization
- Devotional service of the Lord begins by hearing about Him (Krsna). There are nine different methods in devotional service, of which hearing is the chief
- Devotional service which is based on the foreground of full knowledge combined with detachment from material association, and which is fixed by dint of the aural reception of the Vedanta-sruti, is the only perfect method
- Devotional service, however, is the real method, for by devotional service one can satisfy the Supreme Personality of Godhead with just a few words. Without devotional service, volumes of books cannot satisfy the Lord
- I fervently appeal to everyone to adopt the method of devotional service given by Lord Caitanya and Nityananda and thus be freed from the miseries of material existence and ultimately achieve the loving service of the Lord
- If one adopts the simple method of engaging himself in devotional service, automatically he becomes eligible to be freed from material contamination and elevated to the transcendental position of associating with the Supreme Lord
- In the case of devotional service, this very same method is accepted from the very beginning, and by the grace of the Lord all factual knowledge becomes revealed in the heart of a devotee due to dictation by the Lord from within
- In the land of Bharata-varsa one can very easily perform the sankirtana-yajna, which consists of sravanam kirtanam visnoh (SB 7.5.23), or one can perform other methods of devotional service, such as smaranam vandanam arcanam dasyam sakhyam
- It is understood from the authoritative source of Vedic literature that especially in this age, Kali-yuga, people are generally short-living, extremely bad in their habits, and inclined to accept methods of devotional service that are not bona fide
- O best of the brahmanas, kindly instruct me in the perfect method of worshiping the Supreme Personality of Godhead in devotional service, by which the Lord may very soon be pleased with me & save me, along with my sons, from this most dangerous condition
- One can understand what the Lord's position is, what our position is and what our relationship is. All this can be understood very easily by the simple method of bhakti-yoga
- One who has dedicated his life to the service of Krsna through these nine methods should be understood to be the most learned person, for he has acquired complete knowledge
- Our Krsna consciousness movement follows this principle. We do not recognize any method for spiritual realization other than Krsna consciousness, devotional service
- Out of all the nine different methods, the first one, namely hearing, is the most important function in the process of bhakti-yoga. Without hearing sufficiently and properly, no one can make any progress by any of the methods of practice
- Out of these nine methods, all the nine, or eight, seven, six, even one. If you engage yourself. Just like Maharaja Pariksit, he engaged himself simply for hearing. He become perfect. Simply by hearing Bhagavata from Sukadeva Gosvami
- Persons who are not conversant with this method of devotional service certainly cannot get out of the cycle of birth and death
- Prahlada Maharaja also (like Caitanya Mahaprabhu) prayed to Lord Nrsimhadeva that he might be engaged as the servant of the Lord's servant. This is the prescribed method of devotional service
- The (Fifth) chapter (Brahma-samhita) also presents methods of devotional service, the eighteen-syllable Vedic hymn, discourses on the soul, the Supersoul and fruitive activity, an explanation of Kama-gayatri, kama-bija and the original Maha-Visnu
- The blacksmith's method and the goldsmith's method. The goldsmith, he has got a small hammer - tuk, tuk, tuk, tuk, tuk. And the blacksmith has a big hammer - dumh, finish. So our is blacksmith method. We take the big hammer of bhakti-yoga and finish all
- The conjugal love of the gopis is the most exalted devotional service, surpassing all other methods of bhakti. Therefore Lord Krsna is obliged to say, 'My dear gopis, I cannot repay you. Indeed, I am always indebted to you'
- The idea is that devotional service to the Lord is the only method of cleansing the heart for good. Whereas other methods may be superficially good for the time being, there is a risk of becoming muddy again due to agitation of the mind
- The method of devotional service, the service itself, association of pure devotees and the causeless mercy of the Lord all act so wonderfully that one can give up all activities and become absorbed in Krsna
- The personified Vedas continued, "Dear Lord, it is imperative that the living entities be engaged in Krsna consciousness, always rendering devotional service by such prescribed methods as hearing and chanting and executing Your orders"
- The process of devotional service beginning with hearing, chanting, remembering - the prescribed nine methods for realizing devotional service-should be practiced in the association of devotees. BG 1972 purports
- There are nine different methods of cultivating devotional service such as hearing, chanting, remembering, etc, and all these processes are employed in the first stage of devotional service
- There are two ways of advancing in spiritual culture - by the method of the impersonalist philosophers and by devotional service
- This method is applicable both in the stage of sadhana (spiritual practices executed while in the stage of bondage) and in the stage of sadhya (God realization), when one is a siddha-purusa, or a spiritually perfect soul
- Those who are serious about the Vaisnava method of devotional activities do not take part in such worship of demigods
- To increase attachment for the Supreme Personality of Godhead one has to accept a bona fide spiritual master and learn from him the methods of devotional service and hear from him about the transcendental message and glorification of God