meals | meal
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 7 subcategories, out of 7 total.
Pages in category "Meals"
The following 50 pages are in this category, out of 50 total.
- A madhukari is a saintly person or a mendicant who does not accept a full meal at one house but begs from door to door, taking a little food from each householder’s place. In this way he does not overeat or give householders unnecessary trouble
- After finishing the meal, Ramacandra Puri requested, "My dear Jagadananda, please listen. You eat the food that is left"
- After it has gone to the stomach, all the parts of the body equally enjoy the benefit of the meal. So, similarly, everyone's duty is to satisfy the Supreme Lord, and then automatically everyone will become satisfied
- After returning home, Pradyumna Misra bathed and ate his meal. In the evening he came to see the lotus feet of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- An ideal householder is required to call for any unknown hungry man to come and dine before he himself goes to take his meals. He is required to call for such a hungry man thrice on the road
- As long as Draupadi had not taken her meals, food could be served to any number of guests, but the rsi (Durvasa Muni), by the plan of Duryodhana, reached there after Draupadi had finished her meals
- At night, when Sivananda Sena returned and was taking his meal, he inquired from the servant whether the dog had gotten its meals
- Because you have a different body from the camel, you have no taste for thorny twigs. But if you offer them to a camel, he will think it is a very nice meal
- Before taking his meal, the husband must first seat the acarya comfortably, and, along with his relatives and friends, should control his speech and offer prasada to the guru
- But by his (Duryodhana's) request he (Durvasa Muni) would go to him (Yudhisthira) after he had finished his meals with his Queen, Draupadi
- By doing so, they automatically enjoy the benefit. The example can be cited again of the different parts of the body collecting foodstuffs and cooking them so that ultimately a meal may be offered to the stomach
- Even the most ferocious lower animals, such as tigers, can be tamed simply by regularly supplying meals and accommodations for sleeping. Only snakes cannot be tamed by such an arrangement
- Every day the Lord would take His meal at a different place, and if someone was prepared to pay for a meal, the price was fixed at only four panas
- Have you (Arjuna) not taken care of old men and boys who deserve to dine with you? Have you left them and taken your meals alone? Have you committed some unpardonable mistake which is considered to be abominable?
- Having tasted the words of Krsna's representative, we will feel satisfied, just as we feel satisfied upon eating a full meal
- He said, "Go quickly and massage the Lord's feet, You may tell Him, The Pandita has just sat down to take his meal"
- I think in our apartment also somebody must remain. In New York also I lost my typewriter, tape recorder. In 72nd St. at daytime, at nine o'clock. I went to take my meals in Dr. Misra's place at about nine, and when I came back I saw the door is broken
- In due time, the brahmana took his bath, accepted his meals & lay down to rest on a bedstead completely bedecked with soft silk. As he was resting, Krsna silently approached, with great respect, put the brahmana's legs on His lap & began to massage them
- In India, it is the custom that the Hindus do not ever take meals in the house of a Mohammedan, Christian, or anyone other than the house of Hindu Brahmin
- In this age people are degrading so much that at the end of the day, if he can have a full belly meal, he says: "Oh, I am now satisfied." Just like animal
- Nimbu pani, and all the devotees get piece of lemon with their main meal. We have now... Everyone has gathered. All of the preaching parties have come back, and we've... They're all dispersing again on Friday
- Now India is known as a poverty-stricken country, and whenever anyone from America or another opulent country goes to India, he sees many people lying by the footpaths for whom there are not even provisions for two meals a day
- One in the grhastha order of life should daily worship the sages by Vedic study, the forefathers by offering the mantra svadha, the demigods by chanting svaha, all living entities by offering shares of one's meals, and human beings by offering grains
- One person may enjoy great opulence without even working, whereas another person, although working very hard, does not even get two sufficient meals a day
- Ramananda Raya invited all the others for their meals, and Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu made His resting place in a garden outside the temple
- Regarding the Christmas Day meal with your family, I do not think you should partake of the food prepared by non-devotees. Better you should prepare your own foodstuffs and offer to Krishna
- Remnants of food may be eaten only when they are part of a meal that was first offered to the Supreme Lord or first eaten by saintly persons, especially the spiritual master. BG 1972 purports
- Sanatana replied, "I shall practice the process of madhukari. Why should I accept full meals in the house of a brahmana"
- She (Draupadi) said to the Lord that the mysterious dish which she had received from the sun-god could supply any amount of food if she herself had not eaten. But on that day she had already taken her meals, and thus they were in danger
- She (Kunti) used to take meals after each thirty days. She finally sat down in profound meditation and later burned to ashes in a forest fire
- Take other's meal; he loses his own. This is called illusion, maya. You did not read this, Aesop's Fable story? It is very instructive story. This is dog's philosophy
- That was the plan of Duryodhana. Durvasa Muni agreed to this proposal, and he approached the King (Yudhisthira) in exile, according to the plan of Duryodhana, after the King and Draupadi had finished their meals
- The Deities should never be approached without having bathed first and changed to clean cloths after passing stool, etc. Keep teeth brushed after each meal, fingernails clean and trim
- The householder should come out of his home during noontime and call out for anyone who is hungry to please come and take the food. Only if no one comes in answer to his call can the chief of the household take his meals
- The King respectfully received Durvasa Muni, who after eating varieties of palatable food was so satisfied that with great affection he requested the King to eat also, saying, "Please take your meal"
- The proprietor of the house, he will take his meals, and before taking his meals, he will stand outdoors and call, "If somebody is hungry, please come. Still there is food here." And if there is no response, then he'll take. This is the Vedic system
- The seven persons headed by Svarupa Damodara who were engaged in distributing prasadam to others then took their meals within the room
- Then Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu told Raghunatha dasa, "Go bathe in the sea. Then see Lord Jagannatha in the temple and return here to take your meal"
- There was no certainty of where Ramacandra Puri would take his meal, for he would do so even uninvited. Nevertheless, he was very particular about keeping account of how others were taking their meals
- We will not need anyone to ask us whether we are making progress. We will know it automatically, just as a hungry man knows that he has been satisfied by a full meal
- When Caitanya Mahaprabhu introduced the Maharashtrian brahmana to Sanatana, the brahmana immediately invited Sanatana Gosvami for full meals
- Why didn't you go to take your meal after I fell asleep? the Lord asked
- Why there are dissimilarities? One man is born millionaires; another man is born, he cannot even have full meals twice a day, although he's struggling very hard. Why this discrimination
- With their (vedic time's people's) earnings they used to acquire eatables, & the eatables were cooked for the worship of Visnu. Then the meal offered to satisfy Visnu became prasadam - God's mercy, the remnants of His meal - & could be accepted by them