"mayavadi school"|"mayavada school"|"Mayavada and Bhagavata schools"|"Mayavada (impersonalist) school"|"Mayavada, or impersonalist, school"
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Caitanya and Mayavadis (1 C, 21 P)
Pages in category "Mayavada School"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- Although they have no access to the Srimad-Bhagavatam, the followers of the Mayavada (impersonalist) school sometimes screw out an imaginary explanation of the original four verses, but we must accept the actual explanation given herein by Maitreya Muni
- Amongst the impersonalist school, there are many great logicians and high class scholars. But according to Vedic principles, God realization does not depend on material intelligence or scholarship
- At that time Varanasi was headed by a great sannyasi of the Mayavada school named Sripada Prakasananda Sarasvati
- In India there is always a kind of spiritual rivalry between the Mayavada and Bhagavata schools, and thus when the news of the Lord reached Prakasananda he knew that the Lord was a Vaisnava sannyasi, and therefore he minimized the value of the Lord
- In the Mayavada school of philosophy, discussions on pure knowledge can throw some light on the real nature of the Absolute Truth, but they are unable to fully reveal the esoteric and personal aspects of the Supreme Absolute Being
- Since the members of the Mayavada school cannot understand the spiritual form of the Lord, they incorrectly think the Lord's form is also made of material energy
- Sometimes people invent kali-kirtana or siva-kirtana, and even big sannyasis in the Mayavada school say that one may chant any name and still get the same result
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu replied, "My dear Vallabha Bhatta, you are a learned scholar. Kindly listen to Me. I am a sannyasi of the Mayavada school. Therefore I have no chance of knowing what krsna-bhakti is"
- Sri Vyasadeva very kindly compiled the Vedic knowledge in his Vedanta-sutra, but if one hears the commentation of the Mayavada school (as represented by the Sankara-sampradaya) certainly he will be misled on the path of spiritual realization
- The Bhattacarya tried to defend himself and his Mayavada school by jugglery of logic and grammar, but the Lord defeated him by His forceful arguments. He affirmed that we are all related with the Personality of Godhead eternally
- The first line of the original four verses runs, aham evasam evagre. The word aham is misinterpreted by the Mayavada school into meanings which no one but the interpreter can understand
- The four Vaisnava acaryas who are the great authorities of the four Vaisnava disciplic successions, as well as Sripada Sankaracarya of the Mayavada school, appeared in the Panca-dravida provinces
- The impersonalist philosophers of the Mayavada school accept only the Lord's impersonal activities and reject His personal feature
- The Lord (Caitanya) thus spoke on the Vedanta-sutra and defied all the propaganda of the Mayavada school
- The Mayavada school shudders at the thought of a service attitude in the living entity, not knowing that in the transcendental world the service of the Lord is based on transcendental love
- The theory of illusion of the Mayavada school is advocated on the ground that the theory of emanation will cause a transformation of the Absolute Truth. If that is the case, Vyasadeva is wrong
- The whole philosophy of the Mayavada school, based on "not this, not that" (neti, neti), is basically material. Such thought cannot give one the chance to know the Supreme Personality of Godhead as He is
- The world or the cosmic creation is not false, as maintained by the Mayavada school. It simply has no permanent existence. A nonpermanent thing cannot be called false altogether. But the conception that the material body is the self is certainly wrong
- There are many instances of such falldowns (in sayujya-mukti), even for great sannyasis in the Mayavada school
- There are many philosophical speculators (jnanis) belonging to the Mayavada school who consider themselves liberated and call themselves Narayana. But their intelligence is not purified unless they engage in Krsna’s devotional service
- They (the members of the Mayavada school) think that He is covered by a material body just like other living beings. Due to this offensive understanding, they cannot recognize that Sri Krsna's personal form is transcendental, not material
- This dangerous theory (seeing everything as being equal in quality with the Supreme Personality of Godhead) of the Mayavada school has turned people in general toward atheism
- To prove their philosophy, the members of the Mayavada school have given up the real, easily understood meaning of the Vedic literature and introduced indirect meanings based on their imaginative powers