"material object" | "material objects"
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
Pages in category "Material Objects"
The following 40 pages are in this category, out of 40 total.
- A Krsna conscious person, fully engaged in self-realization, has very little time to falsely possess any material object. For maintaining body and soul, he does not require unfair means of accumulating money. BG 1972 purports
- All such persons who aspire after gaining some or all of the material objects of enjoyment, or the gross materialistic persons, are on the whole less intelligent, as confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita
- Any comparison of the different parts of the Lord's body to different material objects cannot factually be a complete comparison
- Anyone who is fixed in the transcendental service of the Lord has surpassed all the material qualities and is situated in the status of Brahman realization, in which one is not afflicted by hankering for material objects
- As an instrument, the false ego is represented as different senses and sense organs, and as the result of the combination of the demigods and the senses, material objects are produced
- As Karanodakasayi Visnu, You thus remain in Your transcendental status, not touching material objects. Although You appear to sleep, this sleeping is distinct from sleeping in ignorance
- Brahma said, "It is said that attachment for material objects and home is due to illusion, which makes a living entity conditioned in the material world. But this is only the case for persons who are not Krsna conscious"
- By discharge of devotional service, one feels transcendental satisfaction as the mind becomes detached from material objectives. It is something like curing a disease by expert treatment and appropriate diet. BG 1972 purports
- Devotees engage in the temple in the service of the Lord as arca-vigraha, a form made of material objects such as stone, metal, wood, jewels or paint. All of these are called sthula, or physical representations
- During our material existence, we have to deal with material objects, if only to keep body and soul together. But in all such material activities we can evoke the spiritual atmosphere, in terms of the Vedantic truth that the Supreme Spirit is omnipresent
- If it is possible for the material object to disappear and appear within our limited senses, what to speak of God and His devotees. So God does not mean that because He is not visible to our imperfect senses, therefore God has no existence
- If the sun, which is a material object, is so powerful, then we can hardly begin to imagine the purifying strength of the all-powerful Lord
- If there is such inconceivable potency in material objects, why should we not believe in the inconceivable potency of the Supreme Personality of Godhead?
- In Kali-yuga, the last millennium of a round of four millenniums, the power of all material objects deteriorates by the influence of time
- In the material world there are, these four objects are in view: how I shall eat, how I shall sleep, how shall I mate, how shall I defend. So as soon as one is purified of all material desires, these material objectives will not be a problem
- In Vedic literatures there is information of a material object called a “touchstone,” which, simply by touch, can transform iron into gold. The touchstone can produce an unlimited quantity of gold and yet remain unchanged
- Not being aware of his spiritual position, the living entity, directed by the mind, goes out through the nine gates to enjoy material objects. Because of long association with material objects, he forgets his real spiritual activities and is thus misled
- Now there are so many things that it is not possible even to understand by the modern process of scientific experimental knowledge. It is not possible. And what to speak of about God? You cannot know even material objects
- The best course is to engage in rendering service to the Lord and to become callous to material objectives
- The conclusion is that the purusa-avatara is manifested in three features - third the Ksirodakasayi Visnu who is the Paramatma of every material object, organic or inorganic
- The conditioned living entity’s identification with material objects keeps him from attaining his actual position. Although he is an eternal servant of Krsna, he acts differently
- The living entity, because of his being a spirit soul, can understand all the material objects, or, when self-realized, he can understand the Paramatma, upon whom yogis meditate
- The Mayavadi sannyasis do not know how to engage everything in the service of the Lord. Because they have no devotional training, they think material objects to be untouchable
- The objects of material enjoyment, the sensory activities, attachment to sensual pleasure, the body, false egotism and so on are produced by the Lord's external energy, maya
- The sun and moon dissipate the darkness of the external world and thus reveal external material objects like pots and plates
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Absolute Truth, is not like a material object that can be known by experimental knowledge or sense perception
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Absolute Truth, is not like a material object that can be known by experimental knowledge or sense perception. In the Narada Pancaratra this fact has been explained by Narayana Himself to Lord Siva
- Those material transformations which do not move are gross material objects like stones. In any case, the material body is made of earth and stone in the form of feet, ankles, calves, knees, thighs, torso, throat and head
- Those who are without knowledge of Krsna consciousness artificially try to avoid material objects, and as a result, although they desire liberation from material bondage, they do not attain to the perfect stage of renunciation. BG 1972 purports
- Those who cannot avoid oversleeping, who cannot avoid the pride of enjoying material objects, who are always dreaming of lording it over the material world...are considered to have determination in the mode of ignorance
- To follow the instructions of the Lord is to associate with the Lord. The Lord is not a material object whose presence one has to feel for such association. The Lord is present everywhere and at all times
- We are subjected to the tribulations known as adhyatmika, adhidaivika and adhibhautika. The mind is the center because the mind creates all these things. As soon as the material object is struck, however, the mind is affected, and we suffer
- When any material object displays development, it must be understood that there is a spiritual soul within the manifestation. The gigantic universe has developed gradually, just as the body of a child develops
- When the mind is thus completely freed from all material contamination and detached from material objectives, it is just like the flame of a lamp
- Who are the pure devotees mentioned here? In an assembly of PD, there is no question of discussing material subjects like politics and sociology. In an assembly of pure devotees, there is discussion only of the qualities, forms and pastimes of the SPG