Lotus Feet of a Spiritual Master
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Lotus Feet of a Spiritual Master"
The following 25 pages are in this category, out of 25 total.
- A real guru is freed from all material contamination and is fully engaged in Krsna's service. If one is able to obtain the dust of the lotus feet of such a guru, his life becomes successful. Otherwise he is baffled both in this life and in the next
- According to the rules & regulations, no one should accept obeisances in the temple of the Lord before the Deity. Nor is it proper for a devotee to offer obeisances & touch the feet of the spiritual master before the Deity. This is considered an offense
- After all, if he (the living entity) is at all eager to be relieved of the struggle for existence, he must find a bona fide guru and take instructions at his lotus feet. In this way he can get out of the struggle
- All mantras should be received through the authorized guru, and the disciple must satisfy the guru in all respects, after surrendering at his lotus feet
- All the demigods, headed by Indra, became offenders at the lotus feet of Brhaspati, and Lord Brahma, being aware of this, condemned their neglect
- As long as one has to accept a material body, with its different parts and paraphernalia, which are not fully under one's control, one must have the lotus feet of his superiors, namely his spiritual master and the spiritual master's predecessors
- As usual the author concludes the chapter (9 of CC Madhya) by reciting the names of Sri Rupa and Raghunatha and reinstating himself at their lotus feet
- Atma-tattva, or spiritual knowledge, will be revealed within the core of a devotee's heart because of his having taken shelter of the lotus feet of a mahajana such as Prahlada Maharaja
- Before doing so (giving up life by jumping from Govardhana Hill in Vrndavana) he (Raghunatha dasa Gosvami) wanted to see the lotus feet of Srila Rupa Gosvami and Sanatana Gosvami
- By serving the lotus feet of his spiritual master, prince Priyavrata very soon attained the perfectional stage of Krsna consciousness. This is the only way to advance in spiritual life
- I offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of my spiritual master and of all the other preceptors on the path of devotional service
- If a devotee properly executing his devotional service becomes an offender at the lotus feet of his spiritual master or another Vaisnava, his devotional service is spoiled
- Srila Kaviraja Gosvami as usual concludes this (8th) chapter (of CC Madhya) by reasserting his faith in the lotus feet of the six Gosvamis. Thus he is able to set forth this transcendental literature, Sri Caitanya-caritamrta
- Srila Nityananda Rama is the plenary manifestation of the Lord, and I have been initiated by Him. I therefore offer my respectful obeisances unto His lotus feet
- The author of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta says - I have only written what I have heard in the disciplic succession because I am dedicated to the lotus feet of previous acaryas like Svarupa Damodara, Raghunatha dasa Gosvami and Rupa Gosvami
- These six are my instructing spiritual masters, and therefore I offer millions of respectful obeisances unto their lotus feet
- To attain such an end (Krsna Consciousness), one must touch the lotus feet of the spiritual master. Krsna consciousness cannot be achieved by self-endeavor. One must therefore approach a self-realized, Krsna conscious person and touch his lotus feet
- When Lord Sri Krsna was in Dvaraka, He offered His respects by bowing down at the lotus feet of Narada. When Sudama Vipra came to His house, Lord Krsna personally washed his feet and gave him a seat on His personal bed
- When the spiritual master sees that the devotees are satisfied by eating bhagavat-prasadam, he is satisfied. I (Srila Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura) offer my respectful obeisances unto the lotus feet of such a spiritual master