lizard | lizards
Pages in category "Lizard"
The following 23 pages are in this category, out of 23 total.
- A man who is charitably disposed is recommended to give cows to the brahmanas. From King Nrga's statement, it appears that he followed this principle earnestly; however, as a result of a slight discrepancy he was forced to take birth as a lizard
- According to our Vaisnava philosophy even a snake or lizard is in the house shall not go without eating, what to speak of other living entities
- Actually, this large lizard was King Nrga, and when questioned by the Supreme Personality of Godhead he immediately bowed down before the Lord, touching to the ground the helmet on his head, which was as dazzling as the sunshine
- After hearing the appeal from His sons, He personally went to the well and easily got the great lizard out simply by extending His left hand
- All good fortune to you. I (Krsna) think that you (King Nrga) are not meant to be in this situation. It must be due to the results of your past activities that you were put into the species of lizard life
- Along with his (King Nrga's) pious activities, he thought of Krsna, so he was quickly released from the body of a lizard and given the body of a demigod
- He (King Nrga) was very powerful and very pious, but due to the small mistake of unknowingly usurping a brahmana's cow, he was condemned to the abominable life of a lizard
- How the demigod had been obliged to accept the body of a lizard was not a secret to Lord Krsna, but still, for others' information, the Lord inquired
- Immediately upon being touched by the hand of Lord Krsna, that great lizard gave up its lizard shape and appeared as a beautiful demigod, an inhabitant of the heavenly planets
- In the Srimad-Bhagavatam it is stated that a householder must see to it that even a lizard or a snake does not starve. They also must be given food
- King Nrga had remained in the well as a big lizard for a very long time. He told Lord Krsna, "In spite of being put into that degraded condition of life, I simply thought of You, my dear Lord, and my memory was never vanquished"
- King Nrga said, "I think that this great desire to see You (Krsna), combined with my tendency to perform ritualistic and charitable activities, has enabled me to retain the memory of who I was in my former life, even though I became a lizard
- Others fought on the backs of jackals, rats, lizards, rabbits, human beings, goats, black deer, swans & boars. In this way, mounted on animals of the water, land & sky, including animals with deformed bodies, both armies faced each other and went forward
- Our philosophy is that expanded - not only human being but animals also. Our philosophy is, if there is one lizard in your room, I should see that he is not starving. This is our philosophy. Not only human being but animals, even an insect
- Therefore (King Nrga, bewildered, decided first to suffer the results of his impious activities and then to accept the results of his pious activities) Yamaraja immediately turned him into a lizard
- They (Samba, Pradyumna, Caru, Bhanu and Gada) could understand that the animal was trapped and could not escape by its own effort, so out of compassion they tried to take the large lizard out of the well
- When King Nrga elected to receive the results of his impious activities, he was given the body of a lizard because of the mistake in his pious activities; thus he could not be directly converted to a higher status of life like a great demigod
- When they (Samba, Pradyumna, Caru, Bhanu and Gada) approached a well, they found no water in it, but, on the contrary, within the well was a wonderful living entity. It was a large lizard, and all of them were astonished to see such a wonderful animal