Krsna and the Sky
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna Like the Sky (4 P)
Pages in category "Krsna and the Sky"
The following 63 pages are in this category, out of 63 total.
- Actually, Krsna is all-pervasive: He is in the sky, and He is in the forest; He is within the heart, and He is always everywhere. The gopis therefore began to question the trees and plants about Krsna
- Akrura continued, "As the five material elements - earth, water, fire, air and sky - are distributed in everything manifested by different kinds of bodies, so You (Krsna and Balarama) alone enter the various bodies created by Your own energy"
- Akrura said, "My dear Lord, all wonderful things that are happening within this world, either in the sky or in the water or on the land, are factually appearing in Your universal form. So when I have seen You, what wonderful things have I not seen"
- All members present in the assembly joined together to offer their respectful obeisances to Krsna, and there were showers of flowers from the sky
- Almost all the soldiers of Salva had been killed, but when Salva saw that Krsna had come to the battlefield, he released a great, powerful weapon, which flew through the sky with a roaring sound like a great meteor
- Because the child (Krsna), although taken into the sky by the demon (Trnavarta), was unhurt and now free from all danger and misfortune, the gopis and cowherd men, headed by Nanda Maharaja, were extremely happy - SB 10.7.30
- By His (Lord Krsna) inconceivable energy, the Supreme Lord can appear and disappear like a rainbow, which appears and disappears without being affected by the roaring thunder and the cloudy sky
- He (Krsna) did not feel any surprise that the Kesi demon was killed so easily, but the demigods in the sky were amazed, and out of their great appreciation they offered Krsna greetings by showering flowers
- He (Krsna) is known as Govinda, and His eyes are very enchanting. He is playing upon His flute, and on His head there is a peacock feather. And His whole body is illuminated by the moonlight in the sky
- If you say that "Krsna is all pervading. Why shall I come to the temple?" And why not in the temple if He's all-pervading? But you say, "No, I am not going to see in the temple. I shall see outside in the sky." Then you don't see
- In another place the Lord says that as the air is situated in the all-pervading sky, everyone is situated in Him, and everyone is acting under His direction
- In the midst of all the great heroes of the Yadu dynasty, Krsna resembled the full moon in the sky surrounded by multiluminaries (at Sudharma assembly house)
- In the Seventh Chapter (of the Bhagavad-gita) it is stated that the five gross elements (earth, water, fire, air and sky) and the three subtle elements (mind, intelligence and ego) are all His (Krsna's) inferior energies
- In the Tenth Canto, 7th Chapter, 22nd verse of Srimad-Bhagavatam there is a description of Krsna's being taken away by the whirlwind demon Trnavarta. As Krsna was being thus carried up into the sky, all the gopis began to cry aloud
- It (Salva's weapon) was so bright that the whole sky was lit up by its presence. But as soon as Lord Krsna appeared, He tore the great weapon into hundreds and thousands of pieces by releasing His own arrows
- Kesi began to whinny and terrify the whole forest. Krsna saw that he was terrifying all the residents of Vrndavana with his whinnying and his tail wheeling in the sky like a big cloud. Krsna could understand that the horse was challenging Him to fight
- Krsna continued, "To become purified, one is enjoined to worship the fire, the sun, the moon, the earth, the water, the air, the sky and the mind"
- Krsna said, "My dear gopi friends, you may know from Me that it is My energies only which are acting everywhere. Take, for example, an earthen pot. It is nothing but a combination of earth, water, air, fire and sky"
- Krsna said, "The earthen pot is made of earth, water, fire, air and sky, while it remains it is the same in composition, & when it is broken and annihilated its different ingredients are conserved in different parts of the material energy"
- Krsna says that He is the proprietor of all planets, sarva-loka-mahesvaram. Therefore whatever there is, either in the sky or in the water or in the land, they're all Krsna's property
- Krsna wears a pearl necklace that appears like a chain of white ducks around His neck. The peacock feather in His hair appears like a rainbow, and His yellow garments appear like lightning in the sky
- Krsna's yellow garments look exactly like restless lightning in the sky, and the pearl necklace on His neck appears like a line of ducks flying below a cloud
- Lord Brahma says, "My dear Lord (Krsna), false ego, intelligence, mind, sky, air, fire, water and earth are the material ingredients of this universe, which can be compared to a gigantic pot"
- Lord Krsna Himself appeared in the sky of the Yadu dynasty, and He was exactly like the moon surrounded by the stars, or the members of the Yadu dynasty
- Lord Krsna struck Salva with sixteen arrows, and with showers of arrows He overpowered the airplane, just as the sun in a clear sky overpowers the whole sky by an unlimited number of molecules of sunshine
- Lord Siva said, "Saintly persons who have completely cleansed their hearts of all material contamination can realize Your (Krsna's) transcendental form, although You are all-pervading like the sky, unaffected by any material thing"
- One cowherd boy said, "Although He (Krsna) was taken very high in the sky, He simply hung on the neck of the demon and forced him to fall from the sky and immediately die"
- One friend of Krsna informed Him, "My dear Mukunda, just after observing a bluish cloud in the sky, the lotus-eyed Radharani immediately began to remember You. And simply by observing this cloud She became lusty for Your association"
- One gopi became the demon Trnavarta and carried the small child Krsna by force into the sky; and one of the gopis began to imitate Krsna while He was attempting to walk, ringing His ankle bells
- One who wants to describe the transformations of ecstatic love of Krsna is like a dwarf trying to catch the moon in the sky
- Seeing him (Bhisma) lying on the ground, like a demigod fallen from the sky, the Pandava King Yudhisthira, along with his younger brothers and Lord Krsna, bowed down before him
- She (mother Yasoda) saw within the mouth of Krsna the whole sky, including the luminaries, stars in all directions, the sun, moon, fire, air, seas, islands, mountains, rivers, forests and all other movable and immovable entities
- She (Yasoda) saw (within Krsna's mouth) the planetary systems, water, light, air, sky, and creation by transformation of ahankara. She also saw the senses, the mind, sense perception, & the three qualities goodness, passion and ignorance - SB 10.8.37-39
- Since the kings were so mercifully treated by Lord Krsna, they felt great happiness, and their bright faces appeared just like the stars in the sky after the end of the rainy season
- Sometimes the vibration of Lord Krsna's flute, His bugling, His smiling, His footmarks on the ground, the transcendental fragrance of His body and the appearance of a new cloud in the sky also become impetuses for ecstatic love of Him
- The baby (Krsna) yawned, and mother Yasoda saw in His mouth the whole sky, the higher planetary system and the earth, the luminaries in all directions - SB 10.7.35-36
- The Earth personified continued, 'You Krsna) are always transcendental to all these material activities. My dear Lord, I know that earth, water, fire, air, sky, the five sense objects, mind, the senses, their deities, egotism & the total material energy"
- The gopis were loudly singing the glories of Krsna & wandering from one forest to another in search of Him. They knew that Krsna is all-pervading. He is in the sky, He is in the water, He is in the air, He is the supersoul in everyone's heart
- The gopis' songs were like thunder, their beauty appeared to be just like lightning in the sky, and the drops of perspiration visible on their faces appeared like falling snow. In this way, the gopis and Krsna fully engaged in dancing
- The Lord (Krsna) accepted his challenge and stood before the Kesi demon, calling him to fight. The horse then ran toward Krsna, making a horrible sound like a roaring lion, his jaws spread wide open as if to swallow the whole sky
- The most beautiful object in the material world may be compared to the blue lotus flower or the full moon in the sky, but even the lotus flower and the moon were defeated by the beauty of the bodily features of Lord Krsna
- The other gopi continued, "Does He (Krsna) propose to come back to Vrndavana to extinguish that fire, just as a cloud appears in the sky to extinguish a forest fire by its downpour"
- The scorching heat of the autumn sunshine was sometimes intolerable, and therefore the clouds in the sky appeared in sympathy above Krsna and Balarama and Their boyfriends while They engaged in blowing Their flutes
- The Trnavarta demon went high into the sky with baby Krsna on his shoulder, but the baby assumed such a weight that suddenly he could not go any further, and he had to stop his whirlwind activities
- There were auspicious stars visible in the sky (during the birth of Krsna), and on the surface in all towns and villages and pasturing grounds and within the minds of everyone there were signs of good fortune
- They (different rulers of the world) saw that the color of the transcendental body of Lord Krsna resembled the hue of a newly arrived cloud in the sky
- This means that the transcendental sound of the flute of Krsna extended to all corners of the universe. Also, it is significant that the gopis knew about the different kinds of airplanes flying in the sky
- Trnavarta, in the form of a whirlwind, took the child (Krsna) away into the dangerous sky to kill Him, but the demon fell down onto a slab of stone. In that case also, by the mercy of Lord Visnu or His associates, the child was saved - SB 10.11.25
- Vasudeva continued, "My dear Lord (Krsna), as in the sky there are many forms, appearing and disappearing, You also appear in many eternal forms and then disappear"
- Vasudeva said, "The vibration of the sky (its thunder), the supreme sound (omkara) and the arrangement of different words to distinguish one thing from another are all symbolic representations of You (Krsna and Balarama)"
- When He (Krsna) saw that His horses were hesitant to proceed into the darkness, He immediately released His disc, known as the Sudarsana cakra, which illuminated the sky a thousand times brighter than sunlight
- When Krsna, the supreme enjoyer, desired to enjoy the company of the gopis on that full-moon night of the sarat season, exactly at that very moment the moon, the lord of the stars, appeared in the sky, displaying its most beautiful features
- When Vasudeva was carrying Krsna, the darkness of the night disappeared. All the prison doors automatically opened. At the same time there was thunder in the sky and severe rainfall
- Where is that necklace of pearls that resemble flocks of ducks flying in the sky? The blackish body of Krsna triumphs over the new blackish rain cloud
- While Krsna was within the mouth of Aghasura, the demon's spirit soul came out like a dazzling light, illuminating all directions, and waited in the sky
- While making sounds by churning, they (the gopis) also sang the glories of Krsna. The two sound vibrations mixed together, ascended to the sky and sanctified the whole atmosphere
- While they (Krsna and His cowherd boyfriends) were thus enjoying their childhood pastimes, a demon known by the name of Vyomasura, "the demon who flies in the sky," appeared on the scene. He was the son of another great demon, named Maya
- While this scene (Kaliya and Krsna) was taking place on the bank of the Yamuna, there were ill omens manifest. The earth trembled, meteors fell from the sky, and the left side of men's bodies shivered. All these are indications of great immediate danger
- Yasoda saw in Krsna's mouth the entire outer space in all directions, mountains, islands, oceans, seas, planets, air, fire, moon and stars. Along with the moon and the stars she also saw all the elements - water, sky and the extensive ethereal existence
- You can supply food to certain limited number of living entities but Krsna or the Supreme Lord is supplying food to millions and trillions of living entities within the sky, within the water, within the mountain, within the forest