Krsna and the Sages
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► God and the Sages (21 P)
Pages in category "Krsna and the Sages"
The following 151 pages are in this category, out of 151 total.
- After first offering prayers to Lord Krsna, the assembled sages wanted to take permission from King Dhrtarastra and King Yudhisthira and then depart for their respective asramas
- After satisfying Krsna in this way, King Yudhisthira arranged to perform the Rajasuya sacrifice. He invited all the qualified brahmanas and sages to take part and appointed them to different positions as priests in charge of the sacrificial arena
- Akrura continued to consider that formerly great sages and saintly persons were liberated from the material world simply by seeing the shining nails of the lotus feet of Krsna
- All of them (great sages who were the sons of fire-gods and rigidly followed the regulative principles in their desire to have conjugal love for Krsna) got Him as their husband
- All the great sages then glorified Lord Sri Krsna, who was present there, by confidential Vedic hymns. Then all of them returned to their respective hermitages, bearing always Lord Krsna within their hearts
- All the kings, led by Krsna and Balarama, worshiped the sages according to the Vedic rules and regulations
- All the Vedas, Upanisads, Vedanta, etc., are seeking Him only, and all hymns are for glorifying Him only. The sages, therefore, performed the exact acts suitable for the purpose, and they happily departed for their respective hermitages
- Arjuna, Krsna and numberless friends, admirers, relatives and sages had gathered on the scene as Maharaja Yudhisthira took moral and religious instructions from the dying Bhisma
- As far as His flute is concerned, it is said that the vibration of this wonderful instrument was able to break the meditation of the greatest sages, and Krsna was thus challenging Cupid by advertising His transcendental glories all over the world
- As far as the sages are concerned, besides Himself, Vyasadeva, the author of the Vedanta-sutra, is a great sage, and in the Vedanta-sutra duality is perfectly explained. BG 1972 purports
- As soon as He (Krsna) entered the place, all the sages began to cry, "Jai! Jai! Jai!" (which means "Victory!") Krsna was a boy at that time, and all the sages offered their respectful blessings to Him
- As soon as the sages and ascetics arrived, all the kings, including Maharaja Yudhisthira and the other Pandavas and Lord Krsna and Balarama, immediately got up from their seats and offered respects by bowing down to the universally respected sages
- At that moment (when Krsna was eating at Pandava's place) all of the sages accompanying Durvasa were taking bath in the river, and when Krsna felt satisfaction from eating Draupadi's offering, they also felt satisfaction, and their hunger was gone
- At that time, however, Vasudeva, the father of Lord Krsna and the most celebrated of all pious men, approached the sages and with great humility offered his respects by falling down at their feet
- At the time for Lord Krsna's appearance, the great sages and the demigods, being pleased, began to shower flowers. At the seashore, there was the sound of mild waves, and above the sea there were clouds in the sky which began to thunder very pleasingly
- Bahulasva said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), I beg to request You and Your companions, the great sages and brahmanas, to remain at my place at least for a few days so that this family of the famous King Nimi may be sanctified by the dust of Your lotus feet"
- Balarama inquired from Krsna about the actual situation, "My dear Krsna, in the beginning I thought that all these calves and boys were either great sages and saintly persons or demigods, but at present it appears that they are actually Your expansions"
- Because the sages assembled in the place of pilgrimage at Kuruksetra had spoken about the Lord as the supreme cause of everything, Vasudeva simply repeated it out of his love for Krsna and Balarama
- Before starting the procession, Lord Krsna satisfied the great sage Narada by offering him different kinds of articles of worship
- Being covered by the spell of Your (Krsna's) internal potency, yogamaya, You are now temporarily concealing Your unlimited potencies, but still we can understand Your exalted position, and therefore all of us (sages) offer You our respectful obeisances"
- Bhisma said, "He (Krsna) is worshipable by all great sages, but still He is so merciful that He has come to see an abominable person like me"
- Both the brahmana Srutadeva and the King of Mithila, under the direction of the Lord, worshiped both Krsna and His followers, the great sages and saintly brahmanas, on an equal level of spiritual importance
- Brahma said, "Actually, You alone are everything - creator, maintainer and annihilator. Similarly, You expand Yourself in different incarnations: among the demigods You incarnate as Vamanadeva, among the great sages You incarnate as Parasurama"
- By asking this benediction (I simply request that I may not forget Your (Krsna's) lotus feet at any time) from the Lord, the sage Narada showed the ideal prayer of all pure devotees
- By Him (Krsna) even the great sages and demigods are placed into illusion, as one is bewildered by the illusory representations of water seen in fire, or land seen on water
- By the grace of Lord Krsna, the sages and Lord Manu reminded Dhruva Maharaja that he should not continue this material conception of "I" and "mine." Simply by devotional service unto the Lord his illusion could be eradicated without difficulty
- Even great sages, if they are against Your transcendental topics, must rotate in this material world
- Even the great sages have no information that beyond the material sky is the spiritual sky where Sri Krsna eternally resides with His associates, although at the same time He exhibits His pastimes in the mortal world in all the universes one after another
- Even the learned sages become disturbed in their intelligence when they see that You take shelter in a fort although You are the controller of invincible time, and that You enjoy householder life surrounded by many women although You enjoy in Your Self
- Feeling very much obliged and wanting to receive his (King Bahulasva's) guests to the best of his ability, he called for nice chairs and cushions, and Lord Krsna, along with all the sages (Narada and others), sat down very comfortably
- First of all let them prove that they are sane men. They are all insane rascals. Why shall I take their words? We are taking words from Krsna, who is accepted the Supreme by all the acaryas, all the great sages
- For those who are very materialistic and cannot understand the situation of the spiritual world, the abode of Krsna, great sages have recommended the yogic process whereby one gradually rises from meditation on the abdomen
- Great sages and ascetics, the denizens of the Siddha and Gandharva planets, the denizens known as Vidyadharas, Vasuki and the Mahanagas and the beautiful angels, all showered flowers upon Him (Krsna) and sang songs of His victory in great jubilation
- Great sages prayed, "Lord Krsna was going to the battlefield of Kuruksetra not to fight, but to grace all of the devotees with His presence"
- Great sages who were the sons of fire-gods rigidly followed the regulative principles in their desire to have conjugal love for Krsna. As such, in their next lives they were able to associate with the Lord, the origin of all creation
- Great saintly persons and sages who are engaged in the devotional service of the lotus feet of Lord Krsna and who have thus achieved the greatest perfection of self-realization have transcended the bewilderments of the bodily concept of life
- Having concluded that Krsna was the S.P of Godhead, the sages addressed Him thus, "Dear Lord, we, the leaders of human society, are supposed to possess the proper philosophy of life, yet we are bewildered by the spell of Your external energy"
- He (a great devotee) sarcastically prayed, "I am very anxious to see Krsna, the S P of Godhead, who is many millions of times more affectionate than the pitrs (forefathers) in the Pitr-loka, and who is always worshiped by the great demigods and sages"
- He (Krsna) therefore told Narada, "My dear sage, when Your Holiness comes here, you are full in yourself. Although We are householders and are always in need, you don't require anyone's help, for you are self-satisfied"
- He (Vasudeva) believed the words of the sages that his sons Krsna and Balarama were the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Here (in BG 10.2) it is also stated by the Lord personally that He is the cause of all the demigods and sages. Even the demigods and great sages cannot understand Krsna. BG 1972 purports
- His (Lord Krsna) transcendental acts are magnificent and gracious, and great learned sages like Narada sing of them
- His transcendental acts are magnificent and gracious, and great learned sages like Narada sing of them. Please, therefore, speak to us, who are eager to hear about the adventures He performs in His various incarnations
- If a person gives up all material desires and completely engages in the transcendental loving service of Krsna, as enjoined in the revealed scriptures, he is never indebted to the demigods, sages or forefathers
- In the great assembly of respectable citizens, friends, relatives, brahmanas, sages, ksatriyas and vaisyas - in the presence of all, including his brothers - King Yudhisthira directly addressed Lord Krsna as follows
- In the presence of the great sage Narada and all the other associates of Lord Krsna, Uddhava considered the situation and then spoke as follows
- It is clear that the sages of Dandakaranya desired conjugal love in the manner of the gopis, although they were well aware of the Supreme Lord as both Krsna and Lord Ramacandra
- Kausika: One of the permanent rsi members in the royal assembly of Maharaja Yudhisthira. He sometimes met Lord Krsna. There are several other sages of the same name
- King protected by Him because the he was pious and obedient to the Lord and sages, because he was no one's enemy and because he was a recognized agent of the Lord
- King Yudhisthira, after hearing the confirmation by all present, especially by the brahmanas and learned sages, worshiped Lord Krsna according to the regulative principles of the Vedic injunctions
- King Yudhisthira, who was much aggrieved, could not be convinced, despite instructions by great sages headed by Vyasa and the Lord Krsna Himself, the performer of superhuman feats, and despite all historical evidence
- Krsna continued, "Many great sages and saintly persons have tried to list My different forms and activities, yet they have failed to make a complete list"
- Krsna in Dvaraka enjoyed the pastimes of a perfect human being. Therefore, when He washed the feet of the sage Narada & took the water on His head, Narada did not object, knowing well that the Lord did so to teach everyone how to respect saintly persons
- Krsna is explaining this most controversial point regarding the duality & non-duality of the soul & the Supersoul by referring to Scriptures, the Vedanta, which are accepted as authority. He says, this is according to different sages. BG 1972 purports
- Krsna is the origin of the powers delegated to demigods, great sages and mystics. Although they are endowed with great powers, these powers are limited, and thus it is very difficult for them to know how Krsna Himself appears
- Krsna is worshipable by great demigods like Brahma & Lord Siva, & Putana was so fortunate that the same Krsna played in her lap as a little child. The lotus feet of Krsna, which are worshiped by great sages & devotees, were placed on the body of Putana
- Krsna replied, "Dear King (Yudhisthira), I may inform you that all the great sages, your forefathers, the demigods & your relatives and friends, including Me, desire that you perform this sacrifice, and I think that it will satisfy every living entity"
- Krsna said, "By worshiping them (sages and brahmanas) faithfully, you will be worshiping Me more diligently. I consider worship of My devotees to be better than direct worship of Me"
- Krsna said, "My dear Srutadeva, you may therefore accept all these great saintly persons, brahmanas and sages as My bona fide representatives"
- Krsna satisfied all great sages by His wonderful pastimes. He demolished all of the demoniac activities of the cruel royal order, protected all pious men, and killed all cruel fighters on the battlefield. Therefore He is all-auspicious for all men
- Krsna was dressed like this not only in Vrndavana but also on the battlefield of Kuruksetra. Seeing such colorful dress and the garlands of different flowers, some great sages prayed
- Kunti said, "if such great sages, who are transcendental to all the reactions of material existence, are unable to know You, then as far as we are concerned, belonging to the less intelligent woman class, how is it possible for us to know Your glories"
- Later on these sages appeared in Goloka Vrndavana when Krsna advented Himself there, and they were born as gopis or girl friends of Krsna. In this way they attained the perfection of spiritual life
- Lord Krsna and the sages (Narada, Vamadeva, Atri, Vyasadeva, Parasurama, Asita, Aruni, Sukadeva and others) passed through many villages and towns, and everywhere the citizens would receive them with great respect and offer them articles in worship
- Lord Krsna and the sages (Narada, Vamadeva, Atri, Vyasadeva, Parasurama, Asita, Aruni, Sukadeva and others) passed through the kingdoms of Anarta, Dhanva, Kuru-jangala, Kanka, Matsya, Pancala, Kunti, Madhu, Kekaya, Kosala and Arna
- Lord Krsna could not refuse the request of His devotee, and thus He remained there for a few days with the sages to sanctify the city of Mithila and all its citizens
- Lord Krsna said, "They (neophytes) cannot take advantage of receiving these sages by seeing them with their eyes, by touching their lotus feet, by inquiring about their welfare or by diligently worshiping them"
- Lord Krsna said, "Those who simply worship different demigods for fulfillment of their own lusty desires, are unable to understand the importance of these sages"
- Lord Krsna satisfied the sage Narada in every way. Narada was very much pleased by seeing the Lord's activities in Dvaraka, and thus he departed
- Lord Krsna spoke thus, "All glories to the assembled sages and ascetics! Today we all feel that our lives have become successful"
- My dear Lord, all the demigods, including myself (Siva) and Lord Brahma, as well as great saintly persons and sages who have cleansed their hearts of material attachment, have, by Your grace, wholeheartedly taken shelter of Your lotus feet
- My Lord, even the learned sages become disturbed in their intelligence when they see that Your Greatness engages in fruitive work although You are free from all desires, that You take birth although You are unborn, that You flee out of fear of the enemy
- Neither the hosts of demigods nor the great sages know My (Lord Krsna) origin or opulences, for, in every respect, I am the source of the demigods and sages
- Not only did he (Vasudeva) hear from the sages, but on many occasions he actually experienced that Krsna and Balarama were not ordinary human beings but were very extraordinary
- O Uddhava, in the lotus millennium in the days of yore, at the beginning of the creation, I spoke unto Brahma, who is situated on the lotus that grows out of My navel, about My transcendental glories, which the great sages describe as Srimad-Bhagavatam
- Once a great realized sage was lamenting that the Supreme Lord Krsna was living in Dvaraka but that he was unable to take advantage of seeing Him
- Once a palmist came to the house of Nanda Maharaj, and Nanda Maharaj asked him, "My dear sage, will you kindly check the hand of my child, Krsna? Tell me how many years He will live and whether He will become the master of thousands of cows"
- Once upon a time, great sages were made angry by the sporting activities of the princely descendants of the Yadu and Bhoja dynasties, and thus, as desired by the Lord, the sages cursed them
- One should know that scholarship is not the qualification necessary to understand Krsna. Even the demigods and the great sages have tried to understand Krsna by their mental speculation, and they have failed to do so. BG 1972 purports
- Paurnamasi tells Nandimukhi, "Just see how wonderful it is! Great sages meditate upon Krsna after being relieved from all material transactions, and with great difficulty they try to situate Krsna in their hearts"
- Paurnamasi tells Nandimukhi, "What a regrettable thing it is that this girl is trying to drive away from her heart the same Krsna who is sought after by great sages through severe austerities and perseverance!"
- Rukmini continued, "Even Your (Krsna's) great devotees and servants, known as great sages and saintly persons, remain in such a state that no one can get any clue as to the aim of their lives. Human society considers them crazy and cynical"
- Rukminidevi said, "My dear Lord Krsna, Your transcendental glories are chanted by great sages who are free from material contamination, and in exchange for such glorification You are so kind that You freely distribute Yourself to such devotees"
- Rupa Gosvami describes, "The sound vibration created by the flute of Krsna wonderfully stopped Lord Siva from playing his dindima drum, and the same flute has caused great sages like the four Kumaras to become disturbed in their meditation"
- Sage said, "None of the kings present here, even the members of the Yadu dynasty, who constantly mingle with You (Krsna), eat with You and sit with You, can understand that You are the original cause of all causes"
- Sages said, " You (Krsna) are the soul of everyone, the original cause of all creation"
- Sages said, "Although You (Krsna) are transcendental to this entire material creation and are the Supreme and the Supersoul of all living entities, You appear on this earth by Your internal potency to protect Your devotees and destroy the miscreants"
- Sages said, "By the process of enjoying the senses of the material body, the spirit soul is covered, and his consciousness becomes materially contaminated. It is due to material consciousness that one cannot understand the SP of Godhead, Krsna"
- Sages said, "Dear Lord (Krsna), the Vedic knowledge is the representation of Your pure heart. Austerities, study of the Vedas, and meditative trances lead to different realizations of Your Self in Your manifested and nonmanifested aspects"
- Sages said, "Dear Lord (Krsna), we are all surrendered souls, devotees of Your Lordship; therefore, please be kind and bestow Your causeless mercy upon us"
- Sages said, "Dear Lord (Krsna), You are enjoying Your pastimes in the role of a human being, concealing Your real character of transcendental opulence"
- Sages said, "Factually, You (Krsna) are the ultimate goal of all transcendental achievements"
- Sages said, "Our dear Lord (Krsna), there is no end to Your unlimited knowledge. Your form is transcendental, eternally existing in full bliss and knowledge"
- Sages said, "Our dear Lord (Krsna), You are the last word in good fortune and the last resort of all saintly persons; therefore we all consider that we have achieved the perfection of our life"
- Sages said, "The entire phenomenal world is a manifestation of Your (Krsna's) impersonal energy, but You Yourself, as the original Personality of Godhead, are not manifested there"
- Sages said, "We are all so fortunate that today we have been able to see Your (Krsna) lotus feet directly"
- Sages said, "You (Krsna) always hold the brahmanas in respect, and You are considered to be the topmost of all followers of brahminical culture. You are therefore known as brahmanya-deva"
- Sages said, "You (Krsna) are the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Supreme Brahman, the Supreme Soul"
- Sages said, "You (Krsna) are the Supreme Soul, the Supreme Brahman. Persons who are situated in brahminical culture, therefore, can understand the truth about Your transcendental form"
- Since Krsna is the cause of all causes, He is worshiped by all kinds of sages & saints through observance of the regulative principles. As far as meditation is concerned, great personalities meditate on the transcendental form of Krsna within the heart
- Since Lord Rama, Lord Krsna and Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu were detected by the sages and saints to be the Personality of Godhead as indicated in revealed scriptures, many unscrupulous men have created their own incarnations
- Srutadeva thought, "How has it become possible that Lord Krsna, who is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and His associates, the great sages, whose very presence makes a place as sanctified as a pilgrimage site, have agreed to come to my place"
- Srutadeva, being not at all rich, offered only mattresses, wooden planks, straw carpets and so on to his distinguished guests, Lord Krsna and the sages (Narada and others), but he welcomed them to the best of his ability
- The brothers had one young sister, Rukmini. She was beautiful and chaste and was meant to be married to Lord Krsna. Many saintly persons and sages like Narada Muni used to visit the palace of King Bhismaka
- The childhood pastimes of Krsna are glorified even today by many sages and saintly persons, but Vasudeva & Devaki could not enjoy such childhood pastimes personally. The reason for this was explained by Sukadeva Gosvami to Maharaja Pariksit as follows
- The demigod Vidyadhara continued to speak to Sri Krsna, "Now I consider that this curse by the sage was not at all a curse"
- The great sage Narada spoke as follows: "In conditioned life, all living entities are within the jurisdiction of the three modes of material nature. As such, they are unable to see Your (Krsna's) presence everywhere with their material eyes"
- The great sage Narada spoke as follows: "My dear Lord (Krsna), You are present as the Supersoul in everyone's heart by Your inconceivable potency, exactly like the fire which is present in everyone but which no one can see directly"
- The great sage Narada spoke as follows: "My dear Lord (Krsna), You have spoken about the cosmic manifestation created by the Supreme Lord, but I know that You are the all-pervading creator"
- The great sage Narada took a comfortable seat, & Krsna worshiped him with all paraphernalia, as required for the regular reception of a saintly person. While trying to satisfy Naradaji, Lord Krsna spoke the following words in His sweet and natural voice
- The great sage Narada, the elder personalities of the Yadu dynasty, and the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna Himself, all supported the statement of Uddhava
- The Lord was exhibiting such childish dealings with the inhabitants of Vrndavana because He wanted to show the great philosophers & sages how the Supreme Absolute Truth Personality of Godhead is controlled by & subject to the desires of His pure devotees
- The perfection of their (the sages of Dandakaranya's) human form of life was achieved by their generating a transcendental sentiment to share conjugal love with Lord Krsna
- The perfection of their (the sages) human form of life was thus achieved by their generating a transcendental sentiment to share conjugal love with Lord Krsna
- The sages assembled in the forest of Naimisaranya inquired from Suta Gosvami about the birth of Maharaja Pariksit, but in the course of the narration other topics like Krsna's arrival at Dvaraka and residing with the sixteen thousand queens were narrated
- The sages present then began to address Vasudeva in the presence of Lord Krsna, Balarama and many other kings, and, as requested by him, they gave their instructions
- The sages said, "Although You (Krsna) create varieties of manifestations through Your energy, You are unaffected by all those actions"
- The sages said, "My dear Vasudeva, certainly you have already performed many pious activities in your previous lives. Otherwise, how could you be the father of Krsna and Balarama, the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- The sages said, "Our dear Lord (Krsna), by Your own energy You create, maintain and annihilate the whole cosmic manifestation of different names and form"
- The sages, knowing Me as the ultimate purpose of all sacrifices and austerities, the Supreme Lord of all planets and demigods and the benefactor and well-wisher of all living entities, attain peace from the pangs of material miseries. BG 5.29 - 1972
- The same young gopi said, "This proves that they are not ordinary birds; they are great sages and devotees, and just to hear Krsna's flute they have appeared in Vrndavana forest as birds"
- The science of Krsna, or the science of God and the living entities, is so subtle that even a personality like Vidura has to consult persons like the sage Maitreya
- The story of the cursing of Nalakuvara and Manigriva and their deliverance by Krsna, under the all-blissful desire of the great sage Narada, is here described
- The sun-god and other demigods mentioned in the Vedic scriptures are described as different limbs of the body of Lord Krsna, and it is the duty of the householder to offer respects to the demigods and great sages, as well as the forefathers
- Their (the gopis) thought is eternally absorbed in the lotus feet of Krsna. Great sages and we ourselves also try to be absorbed in meditation on the lotus feet of Krsna
- There cannot be any other name of the Absolute Truth than Krsna - "the all-attractive." Learned sages have made extensive research in this connection, and they have firmly concluded that Krsna is the Supreme Godhead
- These sages (advanced sages who were captivated by the beauty of Lord Ramacandra and who desired to become women in order to embrace the Lord) appeared in Gokula Vrndavana when Krsna advented Himself there, and they were born as gopis, or girl friends
- These sages (the sages of Dandakaranya) also concluded that the form of Lord Krsna is more attractive than that of Lord Ramacandra, and so they prayed to become gopis in their future lives to be associated with Krsna
- They (advanced sages who were captivated by the beauty of Lord Ramacandra and who desired to become women in order to embrace the Lord) were born as gopis, or girl friends of Krsna. In this way they attained the perfection of spiritual life
- They (the sages of Dandakaranya) knew that although Ramacandra was an ideal king and could not accept more than one wife, Lord Krsna, being the full-fledged Personality of Godhead, could fulfill the desires of all of them in Vrndavana
- They (the sages) all took birth as women in the wombs of gopis at Gokula, and as they had desired in their previous lives, they enjoyed the company of Lord Krsna, who was present at that time in Gokula Vrndavana
- Those great sages who have completely taken shelter of the lotus feet of the Lord can at once sanctify those who come in touch with them, whereas the waters of the Ganges can sanctify only after prolonged use
- To the citizens who came to see the Lord (Krsna) and all the assembled sages (Narada, Vamadeva, Atri, Vyasadeva, Parasurama, Asita, Aruni, Sukadeva and others), it seemed as though the sun were present along with his various satellite planets
- Uddhava said, "All the great sages; the King of the elephants, Gajendra; the goddess of fortune, Sita; and even Your father and mother were all delivered by Your causeless mercy"
- Uddhava said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), first of all let me say that the great sage Narada Muni has requested You to go to Hastinapura to satisfy King Yudhisthira, Your cousin, who is making arrangements to perform the great sacrifice known as Rajasuya"
- We (Brahma and the sages) offer our respectful obeisances unto You (Varahadeva), along with mother earth, in whom You have invested Your own potency, just as an expert sacrificer puts fire in the arani wood
- When all the sages were comfortably seated, Lord Krsna, who descended for the protection of religion, began to address them on behalf of all the kings
- When Krsna appeared in the arena of the raja-suya sacrifice organized by Maharaj Yudhisthira, to all present, including great sages and demigods, Krsna became the cynosure, the center of attraction, and everyone offered Him their respects
- When Krsna was thus seeking the shelter of Baladeva because He was being chased by Jarati, all the great sages in the heavenly planets began to smile. This smiling is called smita smiling
- When Lord Krsna was blowing His conchshell known as Pancajanya, many great sages who were living in the caves of the mountains immediately reacted, being awakened from their trance of meditation
- When Lord Ramacandra was residing in Dandakaranya, the sages who were engaged in devotional service there became attracted by His beauty and immediately thought of the gopis at Vrndavana, who enjoyed conjugal loving affection with Krsna
- When many very great sages were offering prayers to Lord Krsna, glorifying His activities, the Queen of Gokula, Mother Yasoda, entered the battlefield of Kuruksetra, wetting the lower part of her sari with the milk flowing from her breast
- When the great sage Narada heard that Lord Krsna had married sixteen thousand wives after He had killed the demon Narakasura, sometimes called Bhaumasura
- When the supreme authority, Lord Krsna, was thus speaking with great gravity, all the sages and ascetics remained in dead silence. They were amazed upon hearing Him speak the absolute philosophy of life in such a concise way
- While the women were engaged in conversations among themselves and the men were similarly engaged in conversation, there arrived from all directions almost all the important sages and ascetics, who had come for the purpose of seeing Krsna and Balarama
- While trying to satisfy Naradaji, Krsna said, "My dear great sage among the demigods, I think that now everything is well within the three worlds"
- Who in human society can be satisfied without hearing sufficient talk of the Lord, whose lotus feet are the sum total of all places of pilgrimage and who is worshiped by great sages and devotees?
- With folded hands, the King (Bahulasva) and the brahmana (Srutadeva) each simultaneously invited Lord Krsna and all the sages (Narada, Vamadeva, Atri, Vyasadeva, Parasurama, Asita, Aruni, Sukadeva and others) to his home