Krsna and Women
Pages in category "Krsna and Women"
The following 140 pages are in this category, out of 140 total.
- A lusty woman in Kailasa once told Krsna, "My dear Krsna, may You have a long life!" Then, after saying this, she embraced Krsna. This is an example of incompatibility resulting from a mixture of parental love and conjugal love
- Accepting the prayers of Srimati Kuntidevi, the Lord (Krsna) subsequently informed other ladies of His departure by entering the palace of Hastinapura. But upon preparing to leave, He was stopped by King Yudhisthira, who implored Him lovingly
- After conquering Cupid's pride, the Lord engages in the rasa dance as the new Cupid. He is also known as Madana-mohana because of His ability to conquer the minds of women with His five arrows called form, taste, smell, sound and touch
- All the inhabitants of Vrndavana came out of the village to see Krsna. The assembly consisted of children, old men, women, animals and all living entities; they knew that Krsna was their only means of sustenance
- Although they (women and sudras) are unfit to enter into the spiritual affairs of the Lord, can see Him as the arca-vigraha, who descends on the material world just to distribute favors to the fallen souls, including the above-mentioned women and sudras
- Among the sura-stri, the women of the heavenly planets, there are many devotees, such as the mother of the Upendra incarnation of Krsna. It was such devoted women who were called for in this connection
- An old woman in Vrndavana, present at the time of Krsna's pastimes, once stated in surprise: "How wonderful it is that Krsna speaks in Sanskrit with the demigods and in the language of the animals He can even speak with the cows and buffalo"
- Another gopi began to speak. "My dear friend," she said, "He (Krsna) has perfected the art of smiling very attractively, and by seeing His smile women become mad after Him and give themselves to Him without hesitation"
- Another gopi began to speak. "My dear friend," she said, "Krsna is very clever in using words. No one can compete with Him in that art. He can manufacture such colorful words and talk so sweetly that the heart of any woman would be misled"
- Another gopi said, "Certainly the killing of women is a great sin, and if You (Krsna) do not come to see us and we die, You will suffer the reactions of sin. So please come see us"
- Another gopi said, "Do not think that one can be killed only by certain weapons. We are being killed by Your (Krsna's) absence. You should consider how You are responsible for killing women"
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, Krsna is so nicely dressed that He appears to be the impetus to various kinds of ceremonies held by the womenfolk"
- Another gopi said, "You (Krsna) are the supremely powerful hero, and we know that You can kill the unnecessary pride of Your devotee, as well as the pride of women like us, simply by Your beautiful smile"
- As a warning, Lord Krsna has herein hinted that what was possible for the gopis is not possible for ordinary women
- As Krsna passed through the street, all the ladies and women regarded Him with eyes bright with great affection
- As soon as soft-hearted people such as women hear those transcendental pastimes of Lord Krsna, they immediately become attracted to Him. Soft-hearted women and girls are therefore very easily drawn to the Krsna consciousness movement
- As soon as they heard that mother Yasoda had given birth to a child, all the cowherd women became overwhelmed with joy, and they also dressed themselves with various kinds of costly garments and ornaments and smeared scented cosmetics on their bodies
- Being captivated by the beautiful features of Krsna & Balarama, Their talking, Their smiling, Their glancing & Their other activities, the hunchbacked woman began to smear all the pulp of sandalwood over Their bodies with great satisfaction and devotion
- Brahma said, "Persons who are engaged in performing great sacrifices cannot attain the perfection of understanding You, but simply by devotional service these innocent village women and cows are all able to satisfy You with their milk"
- Brahma said, "You have drunk their (the innocent village women and cows) milk to satisfaction, yet You are never satisfied as much by those engaged in performing sacrifices"
- Brahmanas said, "How wonderful it is that although these women have undertaken no reformatory performances such as accepting the sacred thread, have not resided in the monastaries of the spiritual master-they still have attained the favor of Krsna"
- By nature they (women) are not very pure, nor are they very much attached to auspicious activities. Therefore, how wonderful it is that these women have developed transcendental love for Krsna, the Lord of all mystic yogis
- Contacting Krsna is open for all living beings, including the sudras, vaisyas, women and even those lower than the lowborn sudras, so what to speak of the high-class men like the qualified brahmanas and the great self-realized kings
- Cowherd woman described the speaking of Krsna: "Krsna was speaking to His father so politely & gently that it was as if He were pouring nectar into the ears of all present there. After hearing such sweet words from Krsna who will not be attracted to Him"
- Dear Krsna, as women, we are certainly satisfied when our hearts are engaged in the activities of family affairs, but our hearts have already been stolen by You. We can no longer engage them in family affairs
- Development of conjugal love for Krsna is not manifested in women only. The material body has nothing to do with spiritual loving affairs
- Even the learned sages become disturbed in their intelligence when they see that You take shelter in a fort although You are the controller of invincible time, and that You enjoy householder life surrounded by many women although You enjoy in Your Self
- Every picture is with the gopis. People are generally inclined to man and women connection, and by selling these pictures will affirm their sinful activities in the name of Krishna. These are not meant for the common man but for advanced devotees
- Factually the only real husband of all women is Krsna, the supreme husband. Because the gopis were liberated souls, they understood this fact. Therefore they rejected their material husbands and accepted Krsna as their real husband
- For a very long time the women of Mathura had heard about Krsna and Balarama and Their uncommon characteristics, and they were very much attracted and eager to see Them
- From practical experience it is found that any woman who follows My (Krsna's) way or becomes attracted to Me is ultimately left to cry for the rest of her life
- Gopis are not ordinary women, they are all expansions of Krishna's pleasure potency. So when we understand Krishna, then we shall understand Gopis. We can simply follow foot prints of Gopi how they loved Krsna
- Gopis said, "After all, we are women, so how could we disbelieve Him (Krsna)? Now we can understand that His sweet words were simply for cheating us"
- Gopis said, "Krsna may have forgotten us in the midst of the cultured women of Dvaraka, but as far as we are concerned, we still remember Him by collecting flowers & sewing them into garlands. When He does not come, we simply pass our time by crying"
- Gopis said, "We village women might be misled by Krsna, but the women in the city of Dvaraka are very clever and intelligent. Therefore I would be surprised if such city women could be misled by Krsna and could believe His words"
- He (Lord Krsna) used poetic words and surrounded Himself with women who were very much attracted to Him
- He for whom I have left everything is personally killing Me with His own hands. Krsna has no fear of killing women. Indeed, I am dying for Him, but He doesn't even turn back to look at Me. Within a moment, He has broken off Our loving affairs
- He was equal to all the wives & treated them as a perfect husband would, just to please them. For Him, there was no need of even a single wife. Since they were women, the wives could not understand the exalted position of Krsna, nor the truths about Him
- How wonderful it is that although these women have not observed the strict principles of celibacy, have not undergone any austerities, nor philosophized upon the observance of all ritualistic ceremonies - they still have attained the favor of Krsna
- If women are touched by them even once, their minds are enticed, and the burning poison of lusty desire for Krsna is immediately vanquished
- In another statement, Subala is addressed thus, "My dear Subala, the damsels of Vrndavana who had the opportunity of enjoying Krsna's kissing must be the foremost of all the fortunate women in the world"
- In Gita-govinda there is a verse which states that the enemy of Kamsa, Krsna, also wanted to be entangled in love affairs with women and thus simply took Radharani away and left the company of the other damsels of Vraja
- It bewilders their nostrils, loosens their belts and hair, and makes them madwomen. All the women of the world come under its influence, and therefore the scent of Krsna's body is like a plunderer
- Krsna could understand the competitive womanly nature of His co-wives (Rukmini and Satyabhama), and He had smiled. He had immediately asked Satyabhama, "Why are you asking for only one flower? I would like to give you a whole tree of parijata flowers"
- Krsna is a thunderbolt to the wrestlers; to the common man He is the most beautiful human being; to the young girls He is just like Cupid; to the cowherd men and women He is the most intimate relative and to the impious kings He is the supreme ruler
- Krsna is very influential and famous, and He is the object of attachment for everyone. He is the shelter of the good and the virtuous. He is attractive to the minds of women, and He is worshiped by everyone. He is very, very rich
- Krsna said, "I understand that you (the gopis) are all very chaste women, so now that you have seen the beautiful atmosphere of the Vrndavana forest, please return home and engage in the faithful service of your respective husbands"
- Krsna says, "Anyone who takes shelter of Me - whether a woman, sudra, vaisya or anyone else of low birth - is sure to achieve My association." This is Krsna's guarantee - CC Intro
- Krsna then told Mother Yasoda, "My dear Mother, don't be perturbed by the appearance of the elephants and the horses that are so forcibly coming and raising dust, causing blindness to these lotus-eyed women"
- Krsna was obliged to kill the demon Putana, and because the killing of a woman is forbidden according to Vedic sastra, He could not help but close His eyes
- Krsna was very much pleased by this service, and He began to consider how to reward her (the hunchbacked woman)
- Krsna's and Balarama's chariots were marked with pictures of Garuda and palm trees, respectively. The women of Mathura all stood on the tops of the houses, palaces and gates to see the wonderful fight
- Krsna's body resembles the sap of the mango tree, for when it enters the minds of women, it will not come out, despite great endeavor. Thus Krsna's extraordinary body is like a thorn of the seya berry tree
- Krsna's lips are so sweet when combined with the camphor of His gentle smile that they attract the minds of all women, forcing them to give up all other attractions
- Krsna's transcendental body is so cool that it cannot be compared even to sandalwood pulp or to millions upon millions of moons. It expertly attracts the breasts of all women, which resemble high hills
- Maharaja Pariksit said, "I am simply surprised that He would act in such a way, enjoying the company of others' wives in the dead of night." This statement of Maharaja Pariksit's was very much appreciated by Sukadeva Gosvami
- Mirabhai challenged Rupa Gosvami, "I know that only Krsna is purusa here, and everyone is woman"
- My dear friend, the scent of Krsna's body enchants the entire world. It especially enters the nostrils of women and remains seated there. Thus it captures them and forcibly brings them to Krsna
- My dear Krsna, since You are a male, it is not very extraordinary that the attraction of Your lips can disturb the minds of women
- My dear Lord, You attract all the women of the universe, and You make adjustments for all of them when they appear. You are Lord Krsna, and You can enchant everyone, but on the whole, You are nothing but a debauchee. Who can honor You
- One after another, all the members of the family - Devaki, Vasudeva, Lord Sri Krsna, Lord Balarama, Rukmini and all the women of the family - embraced Pradyumna and his wife, Mayavati
- One has to fully surrender unto the lotus feet of Krsna and give up attraction for women and nondevotees
- One who does not know alleges foolishly that Lord Krsna enjoyed women in His rasa-lila in Vrndavana, or with His sixteen thousand married wives at Dvaraka
- One who takes shelter of Him (Lord Krsna) for the right purpose, be that person a sudra, a woman or a member of a low-grade family, will attain the highest goal of life
- Only a devotee of the Lord, who is attracted by Krsna, can escape the lures of woman. Once one is attracted by Krsna, the illusory energy of the world cannot attract him
- Others interpret in this way: Krsna appeared in order to kill the demons and give protection to the devotees. The first demon to be killed was a woman. According to Vedic rules, the killing of a woman, a brahmana, cows or a child is strictly forbidden
- Radharani said to the bumblebee: "All the women in the three worlds where death is inevitable - the heavenly, middle and lower planets - are very easily available to Krsna because His curved eyebrows are so attractive"
- Rukmini continued, "My dear lotus-eyed Lord, I cannot understand Your statement that women and other persons who have taken shelter under Your lotus feet pass their days only in bereavement"
- Rukmini continued, "You (Krsna) cannot be attached to any woman, however exalted her position and beauty. Whether You are attached to me or not, may my devotion and attention be always engaged at Your lotus feet"
- Rukmini continued, 'Any girl, though not yet having left her home, or even any woman of the highest chastity, would desire to marry You (Krsna), being captivated by Your unprecedented character, knowledge, opulence and position
- Rukmini told Krsna not to be concerned that the fighting would take place within the palace and that many of her family members, including other women, might thus be wounded or even killed
- Since Krsna was pleased with the service of the hunchbacked woman, and since she was touched by Krsna's hands, she became the most beautiful girl among women
- Some of them (the coweherd men and women) supported the situation: "This is proper because those who are too sinful die from their sinful reactions, and child Krsna is pious; therefore He is safe from all kinds of fearful situations"
- Sometimes a rascal, following the philosophy of monism, or oneness, very irresponsibly takes advantage of this rasa-lila to imitate the behavior of Krsna with the gopis, entice many innocent women and mislead them in the name of spiritual realization
- Sri Krsna carries a flute and enchants the hearts of all women throughout the universe. He is specifically the enjoyer of the beautiful gopis, and He is the enchanter of Cupid also. Let Him be glorified!
- Srimati Radharani continued, "We know that Krsna cannot live for a moment without the association of young women. That is His nature. He is finding difficulty in Mathura because He is no longer in the village among innocent cowherd girls"
- Sura-stri, the women of the heavenly planets, were ordered to appear in the Yadu dynasty in Vrndavana to enrich the pastimes of Lord Krsna. These sura-stri, when further trained to live with Krsna, would be transferred to the original Goloka Vrndavana
- The conditioned soul is very proud of becoming the husband of even one wife, but the Lord laughs at this; the intelligent man can know who is the real husband. Factually, the Lord is the husband of all the women in His creation
- The cowherd men & women were invited to participate in the jubilant celebration (of Krsna's birthday). A nice band played & the assembled people enjoyed it. All the learned brahmanas were invited, & they chanted Vedic hymns for the good fortune of Krsna
- The cowherd men and women could not understand that the all-powerful Personality of Godhead was lying there as a baby and that He could do anything. Both the possible and impossible were in His power
- The earrings dancing on Krsna's cheeks are shaped like sharks, and they shine very brightly. These dancing earrings attract the minds of all women. Over and above this, Krsna pierces the hearts of women with the arrows of His sweetly smiling glances
- The fragrance of Krsna's body is more maddening than the aroma of musk, and it surpasses the fragrance of the bluish lotus flower. It enters the nostrils of all the women of the world and, making a nest there, thus attracts them
- The gopis are forced to abandon their household duties and come before Lord Krsna. In this way all social etiquette, shame and fear are vanquished. The vibration of His flute causes all women to dance
- The gopis continued, "It seems that He (Krsna) has been entrapped by the women of Mathura. My dear Uddhava, will you kindly let us know if Krsna sometimes remembers us while in the midst of other women"
- The gopis continued, "My dear Uddhava kindly let us know whether Krsna sometimes thinks of us while in the midst of the highly enlightened society girls in Mathura. We know that the women and girls in Mathura are not village women"
- The gopis especially, and also the cowherd men and the aborigine tribeswomen, always desire to become the grass and straw on the streets of Vrndavana, to be trampled on by the lotus feet of Krsna
- The gopis were not ordinary women. In essence they were on an equal level with Krsna. They are His eternal associates. As it is confirmed in the Brahma-samhita, they are expansions of the pleasure potency of Krsna
- The gopis' attitude toward Krsna, although seemingly lusty, should not be considered to be like lusty desires of ordinary women. The reason is explained by Krsna Himself. Activities in devotional service to Krsna are transcendental to any fruitive result
- The hunchbacked woman continued, "The King is very much pleased with me for supplying this nice thing, but now I see that there is no one who can better be served by this pulp of sandalwood than You two brothers"
- The husbands began to discuss this amongst themselves: "How wonderful is the attraction for Krsna, that it has made these women leave us without any care!" This is the influence of Krsna
- The Lord enjoyed His pastimes, both in this world and in other worlds (higher planets), specifically in the association of the Yadu dynasty. At leisure hours offered by night, He enjoyed the friendship of conjugal love with women
- The minds of the Narayanas are attracted by the beauty of Krsna's body. In addition, the goddesses of fortune, who are the wives of the Narayanas & are the women described in the Vedas as most chaste, are also attracted by the wonderful Krsna's beauty
- The real point is to concentrate the mind on the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Women such as the gopis were attached to Krsna, being captivated by His beauty, and their mental concentration on Krsna was provoked by lust
- The scent of Krsna's body surpasses the fragrances of musk and the bluish lotus flower. Spreading throughout the fourteen worlds, it attracts everyone and makes the eyes of all women blind
- The scent of Krsna's transcendental body is so attractive that it enchants the bodies and minds of all women
- The scent of Krsna's transcendental body surpasses the aroma of musk and attracts the minds of all women
- The scent of Krsna's transcendental body surpasses the aroma of musk and attracts the minds of all women. The eight lotuslike parts of His body distribute the fragrance of lotuses mixed with that of camphor
- The simple and delicate women truly thought that Lord Sri Krsna, their beloved husband, followed them and was dominated by them. They were unaware of the extent of the glories of their husband, as the atheists are unaware of Him as the supreme controller
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead Sri Krsna, out of His causeless mercy, appeared on this planet by His internal potency and enjoyed Himself amongst competent women as if He were engaging in mundane affairs
- The sweetness of Krsna's joking words plays indescribable havoc with the hearts of all women. His words bind a woman's ear to the qualities of their sweetness. Thus there is a tug-of-war, and the life of the ear departs
- The transcendental qualities of Krsna as follows: 42) most powerful; 43) all-famous; 44) popular; 45) partial to devotees; 46) very attractive to all women; 47) all-worshipable; 48) all-opulent; 49) all-honorable; 50) the supreme controller
- The transcendental vibration of Krsna's flute disturbs the hearts of women all over the world, even if they hear it only once
- The two very beautiful arms of Krsna are just like long bolts. They also resemble the bodies of black snakes that enter the space between the two hill-like breasts of women and bite their hearts. The women then die from the burning poison
- The upper portions of Their (Krsna and Balarama's) bodies were already very attractive, and when the hunchbacked woman smeared Their bodies with sandalwood pulp, They looked even more beautiful
- The woman was also offensive to Krsna by putting her foot on the shoulder of Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu. Seeing all these offenses, Govinda very hastily made her get down
- The women amongst whom He lived as their husband are not women of this mundane world, but are eternally related with Him as transcendental wives, a position which they attained by perfection of devotional service. That is their competency
- The women of Mathura said: "That loveliness (the form of Lord Krsna) is the only abode of beauty, fame and opulence. It is self-perfect, ever fresh and extremely rare"
- The women of Mathura said: "What austerities must the gopis have performed? With their eyes they always drink the nectar of the form of Lord Krsna, which is the essence of loveliness and is not to be equaled or surpassed"
- The women of Vrndavana who are on the level of superior guardians are attracted to Lord Krsna maternally. The men of Vrndavana are attracted as servants, friends and fathers
- The women who became the wives of the Lord are certainly not ordinary women, because to get the Lord as one's husband is the result of many, many millions of births' tapasya (austerity)
- There is another statement as follows, "Please look at this devotee of the Lord who is dancing just from remembering the lotus feet of Krsna. Simply by observing his dance you will lose all interest in even the most beautiful women"
- There were many advanced sages who were captivated by the beauty of Lord Ramacandra and who desired to become women in order to embrace the Lord. Later on, these sages appeared in Gokula Vrndavana when Krsna advented Himself there
- These sages (advanced sages who were captivated by the beauty of Lord Ramacandra and who desired to become women in order to embrace the Lord) appeared in Gokula Vrndavana when Krsna advented Himself there, and they were born as gopis, or girl friends
- They (advanced sages who were captivated by the beauty of Lord Ramacandra and who desired to become women in order to embrace the Lord) were born as gopis, or girl friends of Krsna. In this way they attained the perfection of spiritual life
- They (the cowherd men and women) began to talk about how wonderful it was that the demon (Trnavarta) had taken away the child (Krsna) to devour Him but could not do so; instead he fell down dead
- They (the gopis) specifically asked Balarama whether Krsna was enjoying His life surrounded by the enlightened women of Dvaraka Puri
- They (the sages) all took birth as women in the wombs of gopis at Gokula, and as they had desired in their previous lives, they enjoyed the company of Lord Krsna, who was present at that time in Gokula Vrndavana
- They (women) all felt very bashful at the sudden presence of Krsna and wanted to hide in a different corner of the palace
- This constant meditation on Krsna by the gopis is confirmed in the Bhagavad-gita to be the topmost yoga. Krsna knew very well the psychology of women
- Thus their fastened belts become loose, and these women become the unpaid maidservants of Krsna. Indeed, they run toward Krsna exactly like madwomen
- We should see all women as spiritual units (aham brahmasmi), whose only duty is to satisfy Krsna. Then the influences of the different modes of material nature, which result from one's possessing a material body, will not act
- When a devotee is called by the attraction of Krsna, he does not care for bodily ties. The women entered the forest of Vrndavana on the bank of the Yamuna, which was verdant with vegetation and newly grown vines and flowers
- When Krsna was passing through the street (in Mathura), all the women in the surrounding houses came to see Him, and some of the younger ones almost fainted, being captivated by His beauty
- When Krsna's chariot was surrounded by Jarasandha's military force and was no longer visible to them, they were so frightened that some of them (the women of Mathura) fainted
- When mother Yasoda was so piteously crying, all the cowherd women immediately came and began to look for the baby (Krsna), but they were disappointed and could not find Him
- When the gopis saw the demon (Trnavarta) killed and child Krsna very happily playing on his body, they immediately picked Krsna up with great affection. The cowherd men and women became very happy to get back their beloved child Krsna
- When the woman was turned by Krsna's favor into an exquisitely beautiful young girl, she naturally felt very much obliged to Krsna, and she was also attracted by His beauty
- When the women saw Pradyumna, dressed in yellowish garments, with very long arms, curling hair, beautiful reddish eyes, a smiling face, jewelry and ornaments, they at first could not recognize him as a personality different from Krsna
- When the women saw that not all the characteristics of Lord Krsna were present in the personality of Pradyumna, out of curiosity they came back to see him and his wife, Mayavati
- When we are attracted by Madana-mohana and the beauty of Krsna and His consorts, then the shackles of conditioned life, namely the beauty of a material woman, cannot attract us
- While smiling, they (the gopis) confidentially expressed their suppressed anger and said, “Dear Krsna, we are ordinary women of Vrndavana, and we do not know much about Vedic knowledge - what is right and what is wrong"
- While the women were engaged in conversations among themselves and the men were similarly engaged in conversation, there arrived from all directions almost all the important sages and ascetics, who had come for the purpose of seeing Krsna and Balarama
- With the association of Lord Krsna, either at Dvaraka-puri, Mathura-puri or Vrndavana, they (the women of the heavenly planets) would certainly return home, back to Godhead
- With the tinkling of His ornaments He attracts the ears of the gopis, and with the sound of His flute He attracts even the goddess of fortune and other beautiful women