Krsna and Water
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Krsna and Water"
The following 147 pages are in this category, out of 147 total.
- A person who can speak sweetly even with his enemy just to pacify him is called a pleasing talker. Krsna was such a pleasing talker that after defeating His enemy, Kaliya, in the water of Yamuna, He said
- After crossing these provinces (Brahmavarta, Kuruksetra, Matsya, Sarasvata, the province of the desert and the land of scanty water) He (Lord Krsna) gradually reached the Sauvira and Abhira provinces, then west of these, reached Dvaraka at last
- After enjoying fully amongst themselves, the queens and Lord Krsna would come out of the water, and they would give up their wet garments, which were very valuable, to be taken away by the professional singers and dancers
- After His meditation, Lord Krsna would regularly bathe early in the morning with clear, sanctified water. Then He would change into fresh clothing, cover Himself with a wrapper and engage Himself in His daily religious functions
- After sporting in the water, Krsna enjoyed a picnic. I can understand that after seeing this I must certainly have talked like a madman
- After this, Lord Krsna and the gopis came out of the water and began to stroll along the bank of the Yamuna, where a nice breeze was blowing, carrying the aroma of different kinds of flowers over the water and land
- Aghasura also thought that when he would offer grains and water in memory of his brother and sister and kill Krsna and all the cowherd boys, then automatically all the inhabitants of Vrndavana would die
- Akrura continued, "As the five material elements - earth, water, fire, air and sky - are distributed in everything manifested by different kinds of bodies, so You (Krsna and Balarama) alone enter the various bodies created by Your own energy"
- Akrura continued, "The water of His (Krsna's) lotus feet purifies the three worlds, and now He has kindly come to my place. Who in the three worlds among factually learned men will not take shelter of Your lotus feet and surrender unto You"
- Akrura expected blessings from Krsna's hands. He knew that Indra, who is the King of heaven & the master of the three worlds - the upper, middle & lower planetary systems - was blessed by the Lord simply for offering a little water which Krsna accepted
- All the big roads and crossings (of Dvaraka) were carefully cleansed and sprinkled with sandalwood pulp mixed with water. Everywhere was the fragrance of sandalwood (because Krsna was returning to Dvaraka with Usa & Aniruddha)
- All the cranes and swans in the water are being enchanted by the melodious song of Krsna's flute. They have approached and are worshiping the S P of Godhead with full attention. Alas, they are closing their eyes and are becoming completely silent
- All the gopis entrusted their silken garments and ornaments to the care of their friends and then put on fine white cloth. Lord Krsna, taking His beloved gopis with Him, bathed and performed very nice pastimes in the water of the Yamuna
- Another gopi said, "My dear Krsna, You are the life and soul even of the lotus flower that grows on the water of lakes made transparent by the clear rains of autumn. Although the lotus flowers are so beautiful, without Your glance they fade away"
- Another gopi said, "We are always grateful to Krsna because You have protected us many times: from the poisonous water of the Yamuna, the serpent Kaliya, Bakasura, the anger of Indra & his torrents of rain, from the forest fire & so many other incidents"
- Anyone who takes shelter of the lotus feet of Krsna enters the boat for crossing over the ocean of nescience. For him, this vast expanse of the material manifestation becomes as insignificant as the water in a calf's hoofprint
- As it is stated in the Caitanya-caritamrta, the only master is Krsna, and all others are His servants. The whole world is under the waves of the material spell, and beings are floating like straws in water. So their struggle for existence is continuing
- As Krsna wandered in the forest with Baladeva and the two of Them wonderfully played Their flutes, all the gopis became very much attracted. Thus they praised the Lord’s activities, describing how He was enthusing all the plants, birds, hills and water
- As Krsna was taking pleasure in the joking words and splashing water, the demigods in the heavenly planets showered flowers
- As the fight began, they (Krsna and the Gopis) splashed water on one another. Then they fought hand to hand, then face to face, then chest to chest, teeth to teeth and finally nail to nail
- Aside from the rivers, the trees standing on the banks like great ascetics and engaging in welfare activities for all living entities drink the nectar of Krsna's lips by drawing water from the river with their roots
- At that time Narayana, a plenary portion of Krsna, lies down on the water, and gradually a lotus stem grows from His navel, and from that lotus flower, Brahma is born
- Bakula, please cleanse the yellowish dress of Krsna. Varika, you just flavor the bathing water with aguru scent. And Rasala, you just prepare the betel nuts. You can all see that Krsna is approaching
- Balarama also embraced Akrura. Taking him by the hand, Krsna and Balarama brought him to Their sitting room, where They offered him a very nice sitting place and water for washing his feet
- Body is the material - earth, water, air, fire and ether, mind, intelligence, ego. They are also emanating from Krsna
- Brahma said, "Your (Krsna's) bodily features are of the color of clouds filled with water. You are glittering with a silver electric aura emanating from Your yellow garments"
- Brahmaji collected the water emanating from the nails of His (Krsna's) feet in order to award it to Lord Siva as a worshipful welcome. This very water (the Ganges) is purifying the whole universe, including Lord Siva
- By the grace of Lord Krsna, Arjuna had the unique experience of being able to see the very beautiful Karana Ocean. Accompanied by Krsna, Arjuna saw a large palace within the water
- Earth, water, fire, air, ether, mind, intelligence and false ego-altogether these eight comprise My separated material energies. BG 7.4 - 1972
- Every branch and subbranch of the tree is full of innumerable fruits and flowers. They inundate the world with the waters of love of Krsna
- Everyone drinks water, and as soon as you drink water when you are thirsty, and the taste of the water appeases your thirst, so if you simply remember that "In the Bhagavad-gita it is stated that this taste is Krsna,"
- Everything in the material world has a certain flavor or fragrance, as the flavor & fragrance in a flower, or in the earth, in water, in fire, in air, etc. The uncontaminated flavor, the original flavor, which permeates everything, is Krsna. BG 1972 pur
- If one is able to do nothing more, he can simply bow down before the Lord and His representative and drink the caranamrta, the water which has washed the lotus feet of the Lord (Krsna) or His devotee
- If one simply bathes once within those holy waters, one's pure love of Krsna is fully aroused
- In that lake, Lord Krsna and Srimati Radharani used to sport daily in the water and have a rasa dance on the bank
- In the Gaura-ganoddesa-dipika (139) it is stated that two servants who formerly supplied milk and water to Lord Krsna became Ramai and Nandai in the pastimes of Caitanya Mahaprabhu
- In the Seventh Chapter (of the Bhagavad-gita) it is stated that the five gross elements (earth, water, fire, air and sky) and the three subtle elements (mind, intelligence and ego) are all His (Krsna's) inferior energies
- In the Skanda Purana a devotee tells Lord Krsna, "My dear Lord, as the sun evaporates all the water on the ground by its scorching heat, so my mental state has dried away the luster of my face and body, due to separation from You"
- In this way, the material creation is generated and again withdrawn. When Lord Krsna and Arjuna entered the water, it appeared that there was a strong hurricane of transcendental effulgence blowing, and the water of the Karana Ocean was greatly agitated
- In Vrndavana, everyone and everything is attracted to Krsna, including the trees, the plants, the water, and animals like the deer and cows. That is the perfect description of Krsna’s all-attractiveness
- It is said of Krsna's devotees that if they offer even a little water or a tulasi leaf in devotion to Lord Visnu, Lord Visnu is so kind that He will sell Himself to them
- Krsna and Balarama took Their baths in the river and washed Their faces. After drinking the transparent, crystal-clear water of the Yamuna, They took Their seats again on the chariot
- Krsna and Balarama were so restless that Their mothers Yasoda and Rohini would try to protect Them from cows, bulls, monkeys, water, fire and birds while they were executing their household duties
- Krsna and the gopis entered the water of the Yamuna just as an elephant enters a water tank with his many female companions
- Krsna asked whether he had seen something wonderful within the water or in space
- Krsna continued, "First of all, you (Rukmini) may know that I was so much afraid of Jarasandha that I could not dare live on the land, and thus I have constructed this house within the water of the sea"
- Krsna continued, "To become purified, one is enjoined to worship the fire, the sun, the moon, the earth, the water, the air, the sky and the mind"
- Krsna declared, "If one takes a bath in the Kaliya lake, where My cowherd boyfriends and I have bathed, or if one fasts for a day & offers oblations to the forefathers from the water of this lake, he will be relieved from all kinds of sinful reactions"
- Krsna expanded Himself into as many forms as there were gopis and then took away all the garments that covered them. The water of the river Yamuna was crystal clear, and Krsna saw the glittering bodies of the gopis in great happiness
- Krsna forcibly swept Radharani away and took Her into water up to Her neck. Then He released Her where the water was very deep. She grasped Krsna's neck, however, and floated on the water like a lotus flower plucked by the trunk of an elephant
- Krsna in Dvaraka enjoyed the pastimes of a perfect human being. Therefore, when He washed the feet of the sage Narada & took the water on His head, Narada did not object, knowing well that the Lord did so to teach everyone how to respect saintly persons
- Krsna ordered the serpent thus, "You (Kaliya) can take with you all your offspring, wives and everything that you possess. Don’t pollute the waters of the Yamuna. Let it be drunk by My cows and cowherd boys without hindrance"
- Krsna said, "Brahma, I cannot understand what you are saying. Lord Narayana is He who sits in the hearts of all living beings and lies down in the waters of the Karana Ocean"
- Krsna said, "Let us have our lunch in this spot because it is already late and we are feeling hungry. Let the calves remain near us, and drink water from the Yamuna. While we engage in our lunch-taking, the calves may engage in eating the soft grasses"
- Krsna said, "My dear friends, just see how this spot is very nice for taking lunch and playing on the soft, sandy Yamuna bank. You can see how the lotus flowers in the water are beautifully blown and how they distribute their fragrance all around"
- Krsna said, "My dear gopi friends, you may know from Me that it is My energies only which are acting everywhere. Take, for example, an earthen pot. It is nothing but a combination of earth, water, air, fire and sky"
- Krsna said, "The inundation has gone down, along with the swelling waters of the river"
- Krsna said, "The whole ground was overflooded with water, and we could not trace out the way to return to our guru's asrama"
- Krsna says that He is the proprietor of all planets, sarva-loka-mahesvaram. Therefore whatever there is, either in the sky or in the water or in the land, they're all Krsna's property
- Krsna's receiving education from Sandipani Muni is described by Sri Narada Muni as follows: "In the beginning, Lord Brahma and others are as clouds of evaporated water from the great ocean of Krsna"
- Krsna, Balarama and Uddhava offered him obeisances in turn and were offered appropriate sitting places. When all were comfortably seated, Akrura washed their feet and sprinkled the water on his head
- Krsna, even though He was only four or five years old, dipped Himself into the water, punished Kaliya very severely and then asked him to leave the place and go elsewhere
- Laksmana said, "He (Krsna) placed the arrow, and looking only once at the reflection of the fish in the water, He shot the arrow, and the pierced fish immediately fell down"
- Lord Brahma reconfirmed his statement establishing Krsna as the original Narayana. He said that the Lord's gigantic universal form is resting on the water known as Garbhodaka. He spoke as follows
- Lord Brahma says, "My dear Lord (Krsna), false ego, intelligence, mind, sky, air, fire, water and earth are the material ingredients of this universe, which can be compared to a gigantic pot"
- Lord Krsna and the gopis came out of the water and began to stroll along the bank of the Yamuna, where a nice breeze was blowing, carrying the aroma of different kinds of flowers over the water and land
- Lord Krsna says in the Bhagavad-gita that He accepts from His devotee even a little fruit, a flower or some water, which can be gathered by any person, rich or poor
- Lord Krsna was in the water of the Yamuna in the company of the gopis, headed by Srimati Radharani. They were performing pastimes in a great sporting manner
- Lord Krsna, out of His causeless mercy upon the inhabitants of Vraja, held up the hill known as Govardhana with one hand only, although He was only seven years old. He did this to protect the animals from the onslaught of water
- Lord Siva said, "In the impersonalists' conception of Your (Krsna's) supreme existence, the sky is just like Your navel, fire is Your mouth, and water is Your semen"
- Lord Sri Krsna is the supreme pure, but because He was playing the role of an ordinary human being, He immediately washed the brahmana’s feet and, for His own purification, sprinkled the water onto His head
- Love for Lord Krsna is very pure, just like the waters of the Ganges. That love is an ocean of nectar. That pure attachment to Krsna does not conceal any spot, which would appear just like a spot of ink on a white cloth
- Material world is composed of five principal elements - earth, water, fire, air and ether - and all such elements are emanations from Krsna
- My dear friends, just see Lord Krsna's sporting pastimes in the water! Krsna's restless palms resemble lotus flowers. He is just like the chief of mad elephants, and the gopis who accompany Him are like she-elephants
- Nanda said to Yasoda, "Krsna has gone deep into the water, so there is no need to maintain our bodies, which are so full of sinful activities! Let us also enter into the poisonous water of the Yamuna and compensate for the sinful activities of our lives"
- Narada describes, "Sandipani Muni's instructions to Krsna are like a reservoir of water on the mountain, which flows as a river and goes again to mix with the source, the ocean of Krsna"
- On hearing this statement from Pradyumna, the woman, Rati, replied, "My dear sir, you are the son of Lord Krsna. Before you were ten days old, you were stolen by the Sambara demon and later thrown into the water and swallowed by a fish"
- On hearing this, Krsna dove deep into the water and caught hold of the demon Pancajana. He killed him on the spot but could not find the son of His teacher within his belly
- One day all the boys, including Krsna and Balarama, each boy taking his own group of calves, brought the calves to a reservoir of water, desiring to allow them to drink. After the animals drank water, the boys drank water there also - SB 10.11.46
- One should offer everything to the Lord. 31) One should offer a favorite article (as food or a garment). 32) One should take all kinds of risks for Krsna's benefit. 33) In every condition, be a surrendered soul. 34) Pour water on the tulasi tree
- Rukmini continued, "My dear all-powerful son of Vasudeva (Krsna), Your statement that You have taken shelter within the water of the ocean, being afraid of all the great princes, is quite unsuitable, for my experience with You contradicts this"
- Rukmini continued, "My dear husband, You (Krsna) have rightly said that You have taken shelter in the water of the sea as if You were afraid of the kings. But who are the kings of this material world"
- She (Kalindi) further told Arjuna, "I have vowed to remain in the water as long as I cannot find Lord Krsna"
- She (Yasoda) saw (within Krsna's mouth) the planetary systems, water, light, air, sky, and creation by transformation of ahankara. She also saw the senses, the mind, sense perception, & the three qualities goodness, passion and ignorance - SB 10.8.37-39
- Sisupala continued, "He (Krsna) has constructed a fort within the water and is living in a place where there is no discussion of Vedic knowledge. And whenever He comes out of the fort, He simply harasses the citizens like a dacoit, thief or rogue"
- So the waters of the lakes and rivers of Vrndavana were in a happy mood, full of blooming lotus flowers, because the waters were thinking, "How is it that our son, the bamboo rod, is enjoying the nectar of Krsna's lips"
- Sometimes the wives of Lord Krsna, who were all goddesses of fortune, would embrace the Lord in the midst of the water while swimming or taking a bath
- Somewhere He (Krsna) was seen engaged in public welfare activities, establishing deep wells for the water supply, rest houses and gardens for unknown guests, and great monasteries and temples for saintly persons
- Soon after the cosmic creation, the entire universe was inundated with water. At that time Lord Krsna (Kesava) incarnated as a gigantic fish to protect the Vedas. Therefore Manu addresses Lord Matsya as mukhyatama, the first incarnation to appear
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu fully merged in the pastimes Lord Krsna performed with the gopis in the waters of the Yamuna
- The boys could understand that by drinking the water of the Yamuna they had died and that the merciful glance of Krsna had restored their lives. Thus they appreciated the mystic power of Krsna, who is known as Yogesvara, the master of all mystic yogis
- The brahmanas thereafter began to offer oblations to the sacrificial fire with yogurt, butter, kusa grass and water. They worshiped the Supreme Personality of Godhead for the good fortune of the child (Lord Krsna)
- The citizens of Mathura continued, "He (Krsna) chastised the Kaliya snake in the water of the Yamuna, and He curbed the false pride of the heavenly king, Indra"
- The demigods thus praised the superexcellent rasa dance of Krsna, the supreme enjoyer, and His pastimes with the gopis in the water of the Yamuna
- The devotees said, "My dear Krsna, O friend of the Pandus, as the swan loves to dive into the water amongst the lily flowers and would die if he were taken from the water, so we only wish to be with You"
- The Earth personified continued, 'You Krsna) are always transcendental to all these material activities. My dear Lord, I know that earth, water, fire, air, sky, the five sense objects, mind, the senses, their deities, egotism & the total material energy"
- The entire spiritual world constitutes the unlimited opulence of Krsna, and there are innumerable Vaikuntha planets there. The Causal Ocean is considered the surrounding waters of Vaikunthaloka
- The gopis began to splash water on the body of Krsna, all the while smiling, and Krsna enjoyed this. As Krsna was taking pleasure in the joking words and splashing water, the demigods in the heavenly planets showered flowers
- The gopis in the water told Krsna: "Kindly deliver our garments immediately; otherwise we shall suffer." They then began to appeal to Krsna with great submission
- The gopis were like steady streaks of lightning, and Krsna resembled a blackish cloud. The lightning began sprinkling water upon the cloud, and the cloud upon the lightning
- The gopis were loudly singing the glories of Krsna & wandering from one forest to another in search of Him. They knew that Krsna is all-pervading. He is in the sky, He is in the water, He is in the air, He is the supersoul in everyone's heart
- The gopis, headed by mother Yasoda and Rohini, chanted the names of Visnu to give Krsna's body full protection from all evil influences. They washed their hands and feet and sipped water three times, as is the custom before chanting mantra
- The people replied, "Krsna has again manifested Himself on the waters of Kaliya Lake. He dances on the hoods of the serpent Kaliya, and the jewels on those hoods are blazing"
- The Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krsna, after foreseeing the end (of His family) by His internal potency, went to the bank of the River Sarasvati, sipped water, and sat down underneath a tree
- The result of understanding these signs (a bucket full of water, an empty bucket, a cow being milked alongside its calf) is that one can foretell events, and Krsna and Balarama learned the science
- The same gopi said, "And because Govardhana Hill is so obliged to Lord Krsna and Balarama, it is supplying different kinds of fruits, roots and herbs, as well as very pleasing crystal water from its lakes, in presentation to the Lord"
- The second Visnu incarnation, the Garbhodakasayi Visnu, enters each and every universe, spreads water from His body, and lies down on that water
- The transcendental water which washes Your lotus feet is known in the higher planetary system as Mandakini, in the lower planetary system as Bhogavati, and in this earthly planetary system as the Ganges
- The vibrations of various musical instruments, bheris, turyas, vinas, flutes, mrdangas all joined together to make a beautiful reception. While Krsna was entering, the whole city was cleansed, all the different streets & roads were sprinkled with water
- The water used to wash the lotus feet of Krsna and Balarama can purify even the greatest demigods, such as Lord Brahma
- Their specific duties can be understood from a statement by Mother Yasoda, who said, 'Bakula, please cleanse the yellowish dress of Krsna. Varida, you just flavor the bathing water with aguru scent
- Then the surabhi cow bathed Krsna with her milk, and Indra bathed Him with the water of the celestial Ganges through the trunk of his carrier elephant
- Therefore we say that "Why not in the fire?" If there is life in water, why not in the fire? You cannot see. You have no eyes. There is life, and Krsna says, nainam dahati pavakah (BG 2.23)
- They (Krsna and Balarama) also learned how to splash water in the rivers or lakes while taking a bath among friends
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned how to set up a theatrical stage, how to decorate dramatic actors with costumes and with flower ornaments over the ear, and how to sprinkle sandalwood pulp and water to produce a nice fragrance
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned the art of ringing waterpots. Waterpots are filled with water to a certain measurement so that as one beats on the pots, different tones are produced, and when the pots are beaten together they produce a melodious sound
- They (wives and daughters of the cowherd men) sprinkled a mixture of turmeric powder, oil and water upon the birthless Supreme Lord (Krsna) and offered their prayers - SB 10.5.12
- This Govardhana Hill is the best! O my friends, this hill supplies Krsna and Balarama, as well as Their calves, cows and cowherd friends, with all kinds of necessities - water for drinking, very soft grass, caves, fruits, flowers and vegetables
- This movement means taking mercy from the ocean of mercy of Krsna and distribute it all over the world, so that again the merciful water goes down to the sea
- Thousands of hands splashed water, and the gopis saw Krsna with thousands of eyes. With thousands of legs they came near Him, and they kissed Him with thousands of faces. Thousands of bodies embraced Him
- We should understand that He (Krsna) will not accept meat, fish and eggs. Vegetables, grains, fruits, milk and water are the proper foods for human beings and are prescribed by Lord Krsna Himself. BG 1972 purports
- When a devotee drinks water or any other liquid, he immediately remembers Krsna. For a devotee there is no difficulty in awakening Krsna consciousness twenty-four hours a day
- When both the Krsnas, namely Krsna and Arjuna, reached the bank of the Yamuna (Arjuna is sometimes called Krsna, as is Draupadi), they washed their hands, feet and mouths and drank the clear water of the Yamuna
- When Krsna and Balarama took Their baths, Akrura saw the entire world of Vaikuntha within the water. The inhabitants of Vrndavana also saw the Vaikuntha planets within the water
- When Krsna jumped into the water, the river overflooded its banks to a distance of one hundred yards, as if something very large had fallen into it. This exhibition of Krsna's strength is not at all uncommon, because He is the reservoir of all strength
- When Krsna was chastising Kaliya in the poisonous water of the Yamuna, Mother Yasoda began to speak emotionally
- When Krsna, in punishing the Kaliya serpent, appeared to have drowned Himself in the poisonous water of the Yamuna, Nanda Maharaj addressed Yasoda Devi thusly
- When Lord Krsna saw the weapons of Banasura coming at Him, like water coming out of a strainer, He took His sharp-edged Sudarsana disc and began to cut off the demon's one thousand arms, one after another
- When Lord Krsna went to the capital of King Yudhisthira, Uddhava was so afflicted by the fire of separation from Sri Krsna that the perspiring water from his enflamed body and the tears from his eyes poured from him
- When the brothers (Krsna and Balarama) were passing through the streets, all the brahmanas in the neighborhood went out with sandal water and flowers and respectfully welcomed Them to the city
- When the girls (the gopis) in the water heard such joking words from Krsna, they began to look at one another and smile. They were very joyous to hear such a request from Krsna because they were already in love with Him
- When the queens sprinkled water on the body of Krsna or He sprinkled water on the bodies of the queens, the whole situation appeared just like that of an elephant enjoying in a lake with many she-elephants
- When this story was being narrated by Sukadeva Gosvami, Maharaja Pariksit became eager to hear more about Krsna’s childhood pastimes. He inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami how Krsna chastised Kaliya, who had been living in the water for many years
- While Akrura was offering his prayers to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Lord disappeared from the water, exactly as an expert dramatic actor changes his dress and assumes his original feature
- While he was standing in the river, Akrura suddenly saw Balarama and Krsna within the water. He was surprised to see Them there because he was confident that They were sitting on the chariot
- While resting and drinking water, they (Krsna and Arjuna) saw a beautiful girl of marriageable age walking alone on the bank of the Yamuna
- With folded hands she began to bow down to the trees, asking them, "What is the medicinal herb which can check Krsna's dying from this poisonous water?" This is an instance of insanity caused by some great danger
- You (Krsna) are a very respectable boy because You are the son of Nanda Maharaja, and You are very dear to us (the gopis), but You should not play this joke on us, because now we are all shivering from the cold water
- You can serve Krsna passively, as Vrndavana land, as tree, as water, so many, as flowers, as fruits. This is called santa rasa
- You can supply food to certain limited number of living entities but Krsna or the Supreme Lord is supplying food to millions and trillions of living entities within the sky, within the water, within the mountain, within the forest