Krsna and Rohini
Pages in category "Krsna and Rohini"
The following 55 pages are in this category, out of 55 total.
- After meeting Them (Krsna and Balarama) and embracing Them, all their sufferings were mitigated. After this, Krsna's mother, Devaki, and Balarama's mother, Rohini, both embraced mother Yasoda
- All the gopi friends of Yasoda & Rohini enjoyed the naughty childish activities of Krsna & Balarama in Vrndavana. In order to enjoy further transcendental bliss, they all assembled and went to mother Yasoda to lodge complaints against the restless boys
- As soon as They (Krsna and Balarama) would come crawling to Their mothers, Yasoda and Rohini would take Them on their laps and, covering Them with the lower portion of their saris, allow Them to suck their breasts
- Balarama & Krsna were so engrossed in playing with Their friends that They did not wish to go back; They just engaged Themselves in playing more & more. When Rohini was unable to take Them back home, she went home & sent mother Yasoda to call Them again
- Because of being too attached to playing with the other boys, Krsna and Balarama did not return upon being called by Rohini. Therefore Rohini sent mother Yasoda to call Them back, because mother Yasoda was more affectionate to Them - SB 10.11.13
- Devaki and Rohini said, "Actually They are not our sons; They belong to you. Nanda Maharaja and you (Yasodadevi) are the real father and mother of Krsna and Balarama"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "As long as They (Krsna and Balarama) were under your (Yasodadevi) care They had not even a pinch of difficulty. Under your protection, They were completely out of the way of all kinds of fear"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "This most affectionate care which you (Yasodadevi) have taken for Them (Krsna and Balarama) is completely befitting your elevated position"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "We shall never forget your kindly behavior toward us. When Krsna and Balarama were born, before They even saw Their real father and mother, They were entrusted to your care"
- Devaki and Rohini said, "You (Yasodadevi) raised Them (Krsna and Balarama) as your own children, fostering Them as birds take care of their offspring in the nest"
- He (Garga Muni) carefully did not disclose the fact that Balarama had also appeared in the womb of Devaki and was subsequently transferred to the womb of Rohini. Krsna and Balarama are real brothers, being originally sons of Devaki
- Hearing about the pastimes of Krsna and Balarama with great pleasure, mother Yasoda & Rohinidevi, so as not to be separated from Them for even a moment, got up with Them on one bullock cart. In this situation, they all looked very beautiful - SB 10.11.34
- Krsna and Balarama were immediately received by Their affectionate mothers, Yasoda and Rohini, who, according to the time's demands, began to fulfill the desires of their affectionate sons
- Krsna and Balarama were so restless that Their mothers Yasoda and Rohini would try to protect Them from cows, bulls, monkeys, water, fire and birds while they were executing their household duties
- Krsna was sitting with mother Yasoda and His other mothers, Devaki and Rohini, but when the mothers engaged in talking, He took the opportunity and went to a secluded place to meet the gopis
- Mother Yasoda sent Rohinidevi to call Rama and Krsna from Their play, since it was the right time for lunch. Therefore Rohinidevi went to call Them, breaking Their engagement in play
- Mother Yasoda was more attached to Krsna and Balarama than Rohinidevi was, although Rohinidevi was the mother of Balarama
- Mother Yasoda, Rohini, Maharaja Nanda and the cowherd men became so happy that as they embraced Krsna they thought they had achieved their ultimate goal of life
- Once, after the uprooting of the yamala-arjuna trees, Rohinidevi went to call Rama and Krsna, who had both gone to the riverside and were playing with the other boys with deep attention - SB 10.11.12
- One day Lord Krsna, the liberator of the twin arjuna trees, was playing with Balarama and the other children on the bank of the Yamuna, and because it was already late in the morning, Rohini, the mother of Balarama, went to call them back home
- Rohini said, "My dear Queen, our only qualification was that we were always thinking of the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, which is the way to release oneself from the bondage of repeated birth and death"
- Rohini said, "Our only ambition is to bear on our heads life after life the dust particles attached to the lotus feet of Lord Krsna. The goddess of fortune also desires to keep that dust on her breasts, along with fragrant saffron"
- Rohini said, "When news of our imprisonment reached Lord Krsna, He fought with Bhaumasura and released us"
- Rohini was busy receiving the women who were guests. Because of her good fortune in being able to raise Krsna and Balarama together, she is described as maha-bhaga, greatly fortunate
- Rohinidevi rebuked Mother Yasoda, "You may be very expert in giving lessons to your son by binding Him (Krsna) with rope, but don't you look to see if your son is in a dangerous spot? The trees are falling on the ground, and He is simply loitering there"
- Rohinidevi, the mother of Balarama, was the most fortunate wife of Vasudeva. She was away from her husband, yet just to congratulate Maharaja Nanda on the occasion of the birth ceremony of his son, Krsna, she dressed herself very nicely
- Similar ecstatic love for Krsna in anger was expressed by Rohini-devi when she heard the roaring sound of the two falling arjuna trees to which Krsna had been tied
- Simultaneously, the mothers (Yasoda and Rohini) rendered service and bestowed benediction upon their transcendental sons. They took care of their children by bathing Them and dressing Them very nicely
- The crawling of Krsna and Balarama was enjoyed by the people of the neighborhood, as well as by mother Yasoda and Rohini and the two children Themselves
- The elder gopis said, "If They (Krsna and Balarama) cannot reach (the butter and yogurt), They make a hole in the pot. We think therefore that you’d better take all the jeweled ornaments from the bodies of your children"
- The gopis, headed by mother Yasoda and Rohini, chanted the names of Visnu to give Krsna's body full protection from all evil influences. They washed their hands and feet and sipped water three times, as is the custom before chanting mantra
- They (Krsna and Balarama) were given palatable dishes by Their mothers (Yasoda and Rohini), and They pleasantly ate everything. After eating, They were seated nicely on clean bedding, and the mothers began to sing various songs of Their activities
- When all the principal queens of Lord Krsna had finished their statements, Rohini, as the representative of the other sixteen thousand queens, began to narrate the incident of their becoming wives of Krsna
- When Krsna and Balarama began to walk, other friends of the same age joined Them, and together They gave the highest transcendental pleasure to the gopis, specifically to mother Yasoda and Rohini
- When Krsna was defeated by Sridama, He had to carry him on His shoulders. Similarly, Bhadrasena carried Vrsabha, and Pralamba carried Balarama, the son of Rohini
- When Krsna was saved from such a great danger (Putana), mother Yasoda and Rohini were principally concerned, and the other elderly gopis, who were almost equally concerned, followed the activities of mother Yasoda and Rohini
- When Putana was taking Krsna on her lap, both Yasoda & Rohini were present, but because she was beautifully dressed & showed motherly affection toward Krsna, they did not forbid her. They could not understand that she was a sword within a decorated case
- When she (Putana) directly came and placed the child (Krsna) on her lap to offer the child her breast to suck, the mothers (Yasoda and Rohini) were so captivated by her beauty that they did not prohibit her
- When the babies (Krsna and Balarama) were sucking their breasts, the mothers would see small teeth coming in. Thus their joy would be intensified to see their children grow
- When the gopis saw Krsna fearlessly playing on Putana's lap, they very quickly came and picked Him up. Mother Yasoda, Rohini and other elder gopis immediately performed the auspicious rituals by taking the tail of a cow and circumambulating His body
- When the time was mature for the appearance of the Lord, the constellations became very auspicious. The astrological influence of the star known as Rohini was predominant
- Yasoda & Rohini were seated on a separate cart, and Krsna and Balarama were seated on their laps. While Rohini & Yasoda were riding on the cart, they talked to Krsna and Balarama, and feeling the pleasure of such talks, they looked very, very beautiful
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: My dear Krsna, may Lord Cakradhara protect Your front; may Lord Gadadhara protect Your back; may Lord Madhusudana, who carries a bow in His hand, protect Your right side; may Lord Ajana protect Your left side
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: My dear Krsna, may Lord Haladhara protect You from all sides; may the Personality of Godhead known as Hrsikesa protect all Your senses; may Lord Narayana protect Your life airs
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: My dear Krsna, may Lord Kesava protect Your heart; may Lord Isa protect Your chest; may Lord Surya protect Your neck; may Lord Visnu protect Your arms; may Lord Urukrama protect Your face; may Lord Isvara protect Your head
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: My dear Krsna, may Lord Urugaya with His conchshell protect You on all sides; may the Personality of Godhead Upendra protect You from above; may Lord Tarksya protect You on the ground
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: My dear Krsna, may the Lord of Svetadvipa, Narayana, protect the core of Your heart; may Lord Yogesvara protect Your mind; may Lord Prsnigarbha protect Your intelligence; and may the Supreme Personality of God protect Your soul
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: My dear Krsna, may the Lord who is known as Aja protect Your legs; may Lord Maniman protect Your knees; may Lord Yajna protect Your thighs; may Lord Acyuta protect Your upper waist; may Lord Hayagriva protect Your abdomen
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: When You (Krsna) are sitting, may Lord Narayana give You all protection; and while You are eating, may the Lord of all sacrifices give You all protection
- Yasoda and Rohini chanted: While You (Krsna) are playing, may Lord Govinda protect You from all sides, and when You are sleeping, may Lord Madhava protect You from all danger; when You are walking, may the Lord of Vaikuntha protect You from falling down
- Yasodam presayam asa. These very words show that since Krsna and Balarama did not care to return in response to the order of Rohini, Rohini thought that if Yasoda called They would have to return, for Yasoda was more affectionate to Krsna and Balarama