Category:Krsna and Forest Fires
Pages in category "Krsna and Forest Fires"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total.
- After extinguishing the devastating fire, Krsna, surrounded by His relatives, friends, cows, calves and bulls and glorified by His friends' singing, again entered Vrndavana, which is always full of cows
- Another gopi said, "We are always grateful to Krsna because You have protected us many times: from the poisonous water of the Yamuna, the serpent Kaliya, Bakasura, the anger of Indra & his torrents of rain, from the forest fire & so many other incidents"
- In previous verses we have seen also that the Lord's engagement in the affairs of the forest fire was described along with His pastimes of punishing Kaliya, similarly the pastimes of the rasa dance and the killing of Sankhacuda are also described herein
- In the first part of the Gopala-campu the following subject matters are discussed: (16) the killing of Pralambasura and the eating of the forest fire; (17) the gopis’ attempt to approach Krsna; (18) the lifting of Govardhana Hill
- It is stated by Visvanatha Cakravarti Thakura that Krsna saved the cowherd boys from the blazing forest fire within a second, while their eyes were closed
- It was during this time that Lord Sri Krsna, with the help of Arjuna, allowed the fire-god, Agni, to devour the Khandava forest for his satisfaction
- The killing of Pralambasura & the devouring of the devastating forest fire by Krsna and Balarama became household topics in Vrndavana. The cowherd men described these wonderful activities to their wives and to everyone else, & all were struck with wonder
- The other gopi continued, "Does He (Krsna) propose to come back to Vrndavana to extinguish that fire, just as a cloud appears in the sky to extinguish a forest fire by its downpour"
- Then Krsna, the supreme mystic, the powerful Personality of Godhead, immediately swallowed up all the flames of the fire. The cows and boys were thus saved from imminent danger
- This (swallowing up the whole forest fire) was not impossible for Krsna, because He is unlimited. He has unlimited power to do anything He desires
- Thus they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) prayed to Krsna, saying that they could not take any shelter other than His lotus feet. Lord Krsna, being compassionate upon His own townspeople, immediately swallowed up the whole forest fire and saved them
- When Krsna had extinguished the fire, the cowherd boys opened their eyes and saw that they had been relieved from the danger and that their cows and calves were all safe
- When there was a forest fire all of Krsna's friends neglected their own protection and surrounded Krsna on all sides to protect Him from the flames
- When there was a forest fire in the Bhandiravana, Krsna instructed His friends to close their eyes tightly, and they all did this
- When there was a forest fire in Vrndavana, all the cowherd men assembled together and desperately appealed to Krsna for protection. This is an instance of emotion caused by fire