Krsna Book Chapter 77 - The Deliverance of Salva
Pages in category "Krsna Book Chapter 77 - The Deliverance of Salva"
The following 51 pages are in this category, out of 51 total.
- After talking with his charioteer, the son of Daruka, Pradyumna could understand the real circumstances. Therefore he refreshed himself by washing his mouth and hands
- Almost all the soldiers of Salva had been killed, but when Salva saw that Krsna had come to the battlefield, he released a great, powerful weapon, which flew through the sky with a roaring sound like a great meteor
- Appearing on the battlefield, Pradyumna immediately stopped him (Dyuman) and, smiling, shot eight arrows at him: with four arrows he killed Dyuman's four horses, and with one arrow his chariot driver
- As soon as he got his orders from Lord Krsna, Daruka had Him seated on the chariot and drove very quickly toward Salva
- Each party began to strike the opposite party very severely in a fierce, dangerous battle that continued for twenty-seven days without stopping
- Everyone thinks that Krsna is a great fighter & that no one can conquer You. So now You'll have to prove Your strength. I think that if You stand before me any longer, with my sharp arrows I shall send You to a place wherefrom You will never return"
- Great personalities and demigods who were observing the fighting between Salva and Krsna were most perturbed by this, and they exclaimed, "Alas! Alas!"
- Great saintly persons and sages who are engaged in the devotional service of the lotus feet of Lord Krsna and who have thus achieved the greatest perfection of self-realization have transcended the bewilderments of the bodily concept of life
- He (Krsna) said, "Daruka, please immediately take Me to where Salva is staying. You may know that this Salva is a very powerful, mysterious man. Don't fear him in the least"
- He (Pradyumna) refreshed himself by washing his mouth and hands, and after arming himself properly with bows and arrows, he asked his charioteer (Son of Daruka) to take him near the place where Salva's commander in chief was standing
- He (Salva) again rushed toward Lord Krsna. When Salva ran swiftly to attack Krsna with his club, Lord Krsna cut off his hand, which fell to the ground with the club
- Krsna replied, "Foolish Salva, you are talking nonsensically. You do not know that the moment of death is already upon your head. Actual heroes do not talk much. They prove their prowess by practical exhibition of chivalrous activities"
- Krsna said, "How could it be possible that he has conquered the strength of Balaramaji and taken away My father, arresting him as described by this man? Alas! Destiny is, after all, very powerful”
- Krsna said, "How could Salva possibly enter the city and arrest My father in that way? Whatever Salva may be, his power is limited, so how could it be possible that he has conquered the strength of Balaramaji"
- Krsna said, "How could that happen? My brother, Lord Balarama, is there, and it is impossible for anyone to conquer Balaramaji. He is in charge of Dvaraka City, and I know He is always alert"
- Krsna's reaction is a controversial point among great authorities and saintly persons. How could Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the reservoir of all power and knowledge, be bewildered in such a way?
- Lamentation, aggrievement and bewilderment are characteristics of conditioned souls, but how can such things affect the person of the Supreme, who is full of knowledge, power and all opulence?
- Lord Krsna began to think that while He was staying in Hastinapura with Balarama after the killing of Sisupala, Sisupala's men must have attacked Dvaraka. On reaching Dvaraka, Lord Krsna saw that the whole city was greatly endangered
- Lord Krsna is the self-sufficient Supreme Personality of Godhead, yet because He was playing the role of a human being, He became very depressed for a moment, as if He had actually lost His father
- Lord Krsna is the ultimate goal of life for such saintly persons. How then could Krsna have been bewildered by the mystic jugglery of Salva? The conclusion is that Lord Krsna's bewilderment was another opulence of His supreme personality
- Lord Krsna struck Salva with sixteen arrows, and with showers of arrows He overpowered the airplane, just as the sun in a clear sky overpowers the whole sky by an unlimited number of molecules of sunshine
- Lord Krsna then cut off Salva's head, and the head, with its earrings and helmet, fell to the ground. Salva was thus killed in the same way that Vrtrasura was killed by Indra, the King of heaven
- Lord Krsna, by hurling His arrows with unfathomable strength, injured Salva, whose armor, bow and jeweled helmet all scattered in pieces
- Lord Krsna, in great anger, struck Salva on the collarbone with His club so severely that Salva began to vomit blood and tremble as if he were going to collapse from severe cold
- On reaching Dvaraka, Lord Krsna saw that the whole city was greatly endangered. He placed Balaramaji in a strategic position for the protection of the city, and He Himself asked His charioteer, Daruka, to prepare to start
- On the other fronts, heroes like Gada, Satyaki and Samba were killing the soldiers of Salva. The soldiers staying with Salva in the airplane were also killed in the fighting, and they fell into the ocean
- Salva addressed Krsna, "You rascal, Krsna! Look. This is Your father, who has begotten You and by whose mercy You are still living. Now just see how I kill Your father. If You have any strength, try to save him"
- Salva said, "In the great assembly at King Yudhisthira's Rajasuya-yajna, while my friend Sisupala was a little absent-minded, You took an opportunity to kill him"
- Salva said, "You rascal, Krsna! You kidnapped Rukmini forcibly, even in our presence. You baffled my friend Sisupala and married Rukmini Yourself"
- Salva struck a severe blow to Krsna's left side, where the Lord carried His bow, Sarnga, and as a result the Sarnga bow fell from Lord Krsna's hand. This dropping of the bow was indeed wonderful
- Salva thought that he had become victorious, and with a roaring sound he addressed Lord Krsna as follows
- Since You (Krsna) are the most beloved son of Your father, Vasudeva, Your mother, Devaki, has sent me to inform You of the unfortunate news that Salva has arrested Your father and taken him away by force, just as a butcher mercilessly takes away an animal
- The chariot of Lord Krsna was marked with the flag bearing the insignia of Garuda, and as soon as the soldiers and warriors of the Yadu dynasty saw the flag, they could understand that Lord Krsna was on the battlefield
- The enthusiasm of Salva can be compared to the speedy march of moths into a fire
- The mystic juggler Salva, speaking in this way before Lord Krsna, immediately cut off the head of the false Vasudeva. Then without hesitation he took away the dead body and got into his airplane
- The next moment He (Krsna) could understand that the arrest and killing of His father were demonstrations of the mystic powers which Salva had learned from the demon Maya
- When Lord Krsna heard this unfortunate news from the unknown man, He at first became most perturbed, just like an ordinary human being. His face showed signs of grief, and He began to cry in a piteous tone
- When Lord Krsna understood that there was great danger in the city of Dvaraka, He took permission from the elder members of the Pandava family, especially from His aunt Kuntidevi, and started immediately for Dvaraka
- When Lord Sri Krsna stood up with His disc to kill Salva, He appeared just like a mountain with the red sun rising over it
- When Salva thought that Krsna had been bewildered by his mystic representations, he became encouraged and began to attack the Lord with greater strength and energy by showering volleys of arrows upon Him
- When Salva was killed, all his soldiers and followers cried, "Alas! Alas!" While Salva's men were thus crying, the demigods from the heavenly planets showered flowers on Krsna
- While Sri Krsna was thinking like this, Salva brought before Him in custody a man exactly resembling Vasudeva, His father. These were all creations of the mystic power of Salva
- While the fight was going on in the city of Dvaraka, Krsna was staying at Indraprastha with the Pandavas & King Yudhisthira. This fighting with Salva took place after the Rajasuyayajna had been performed by King Yudhisthira & after the killing of Sisupala
- With a crashing blow from Krsna's club, Salva's wonderful airplane burst into pieces and fell into the sea. Salva was very careful, and instead of crashing with the airplane, he managed to jump onto the land
- With another arrow he (Pradyumna) cut his (Dyuman's) bow in two, with another he cut his flag to pieces, and with the last he severed his head from his body
- Within a few moments, a mysterious, unknown man came before Lord Krsna. Crying loudly, he bowed down at the Lord's lotus feet and said to Him