Krsna Book Chapter 62 - The Meeting of Usa and Aniruddha
Pages in category "Krsna Book Chapter 62 - The Meeting of Usa and Aniruddha"
The following 68 pages are in this category, out of 68 total.
- After hearing Lord Siva's statement, Banasura, who was very much puffed up with his power, became elated that he would meet someone able to smash him to pieces. Banasura then returned home with great pleasure
- After hearing Usa's words, Citralekha immediately replied, "I can understand your bereavement, and I assure you that if this boy is within these three worlds - the upper, middle and lower planetary systems - I must find him for your satisfaction"
- Aniruddha knew, however, that his would-be father-in-law (Banasura) was not at all pleased and that he was gathering many soldiers in the palace to attack him
- Banasura and his company of soldiers saw that the boy (Aniruddha) was standing before them just like the superintendent of death with his invincible rod
- Banasura had a very beautiful daughter, whose name was Usa
- Banasura knew various arts of fighting, and by the grace of Lord Siva he knew how to arrest his enemy by the use of a naga-pasa, snake-noose, and thus he seized Aniruddha as he came out of the palace
- Banasura saw his daughter (Usa) and Aniruddha as a suitable match, yet for family prestige he did not like the combination at all. Banasura could not understand who the boy actually was
- Banasura was shocked to understand that his daughter Usa was no longer a virgin maiden. This weighed heavily on his heart, and without delay he rushed toward the palace where Usa was living
- Banasura was struck with wonder that, even in his presence, Aniruddha was peacefully sitting in front of Usa
- Banasura was very angry. When Banasura saw him, Aniruddha was engaged in playing with Usa. Aniruddha was nicely dressed, and Usa had garlanded him with various beautiful flowers
- Being baffled at not finding a match, I (Banasura) satisfy the itching of my arms by beating them against the mountains. In this way, I tear many great mountains to pieces
- Being pleased with Banasura, he (Siva) said, "Whatever you desire you can have from me, for I am very much pleased with you." Banasura replied, "My dear lord, if you please, you can remain in my city just to protect me from the hands of my enemies"
- By his (Aniruddha's) bedside sitting place were other paraphernalia for residential purposes - nice drinks such as milk & sherbet and nice eatables which could be chewed or swallowed. Above all, she pleased him with sweet words and very obliging service
- By the grace of Lord Siva, Banasura had one thousand arms, and he became so powerful that even demigods like King Indra were serving him most obediently
- Citralekha and Usa were intimate friends, and out of great curiosity Citralekha asked, "My dear beautiful princess, as of yet you are not married to any young boy, nor have you seen any boys until now; I am surprised that you are exclaiming like this"
- Citralekha painted many pictures. Among those of the human beings were the members of the Vrsni dynasty, including Vasudeva, the father of Krsna; Surasena, the grandfather of Krsna; Sri Balaramaji; Lord Krsna; and many others
- Citralekha was a great mystic yogini, and as soon as Usa identified the picture, Citralekha could immediately understand that it was of Aniruddha, a grandson of Krsna's, although neither she nor Usa had previously known his name or ever seen him
- Citralekha, by her mystic power, immediately brought Aniruddha, in that sleeping condition, to the city of Sonitapura so that Usa might see her desired husband. Usa immediately bloomed in happiness & began to enjoy the company of Aniruddha
- Citralekha, while talking, began to draw many pictures of the demigods inhabiting the higher planetary systems, then pictures of the Gandharvas, Siddhas, Caranas, Pannagas, Daityas, Vidyadharas and Yaksas, as well as many pictures of human beings
- He (Aniruddha) was dressed in yellow garments & had eyes just like lotus petals. His arms were very long, & he had nice, curling, bluish hair. The glaring rays of his glittering earrings & the beautiful smile on his lips were certainly captivating
- He (Banasura) always waited for the day when the suitable fighter would come to cut down his strength. He was such a foolish demon
- He (Banasura) appreciated the fact that Usa could not have selected anyone in the three worlds more beautiful. Aniruddha's complexion was brilliant and swarthy
- He (Banasura) saw that Usa and Aniruddha were sitting together and talking. They looked very beautiful together, Aniruddha being the son of Pradyumna, who was Cupid himself
- He (Banasura) was very intelligent and liberal also, and his activities are all praiseworthy because he never deviated from his promise and word of honor; he was very truthful & fixed in his vow. In those days, he was ruling over the city of Sonitapura
- He killed them just as the leader of a pack of boars kills barking dogs, one after another. In this way, Aniruddha was able to escape the palace
- I (Usa) am sorry to inform you (Citralekha) that just after this he disappeared, and I have been thrown into the whirlpool of disappointment. My dear friend, I am very anxious to find this wonderful young man, the desired lord of my heart
- If you (Usa) can identify him from your dream, I (Citralekha) shall bring you peace of mind. Now, let me draw some pictures for you to inspect, and as soon as you find the picture of your desired husband, let me know
- In such an atmosphere of love and service, Aniruddha practically forgot himself and could not recall how many days he had been away from his real home
- In the Vedic culture, an unmarried girl having association with a male is the greatest disgrace to the family
- It appears that foolish, demoniac human beings, when unnecessarily overpowered with material opulences, want to exhibit these opulences, and such foolish people feel satisfaction when these opulences are exhausted
- Long ago, when Lord Siva was dancing in his celebrated fashion called tandava-nrtya, for which he is known as Nataraja, Banasura helped Lord Siva in his dancing by rhythmically beating drums with his one thousand hands
- Lord Siva is well known as Asutosa ("very easily pleased"), and he is also very affectionate to his devotees. He is a great protector for persons who take shelter of him and is the master of all living entities in this material world
- Lord Siva realized that his benediction had become troublesome for Banasura and addressed him, "You rascal! You are very eager to fight, but since you have no one to fight with, you are distressed"
- Not finding any combatant, he (Banasura) struck his powerful arms against the mountains, breaking them to pieces. In contrast to this, Arjuna also possessed extraordinary powers for fighting, but he utilized them only for Krsna
- Not finding any other weapon, Aniruddha took hold of a big iron rod and stood up before Banasura and his soldiers. He firmly took a posture indicating that if attacked he would strike all of the soldiers down to the ground with the iron rod
- Offering his respectful obeisances, Banasura said, "My dear lord (Siva), anyone who has not fulfilled his ambition will be able to do so by taking shelter of your lotus feet, which are just like a desire tree from which one can take anything he desires"
- On hearing Citralekha's inquiries, Usa replied, "My dear friend, in my dream I saw a nice young man (Aniruddha) who is very, very beautiful. His complexion is swarthy, his eyes are just like lotus petals, and he is dressed in yellow garments"
- Once upon a time, Banasura came to offer his respects to Lord Siva. By touching the lotus feet of Lord Siva with his helmet, which was shining like the sun globe, he offered his obeisances unto him
- Out of great curiosity Citralekha asked Usa: "Who are you searching after? Who is your suitable match"
- She (Usa) awoke from her dream exclaiming very loudly, "My dear beloved, where are you?" Being exposed to her friends in this way, she became a little bit ashamed. One of Usa's girlfriends was Citralekha, who was the daughter of Banasura's prime minister
- She (Usa) identified the picture to Citralekha as that of the man (Aniruddha) who had stolen her heart
- Siva said: At that time your (Banasura) days will come to an end, and your flag of victory will no longer fly. Then you will see your false prestige smashed to pieces
- Sometimes I (Banasura) feel a great tendency to fight with my arms, and I go out to find a suitable warrior. Unfortunately, everyone flees, knowing my extraordinary power
- Sukadeva narrated: "My dear King, you must have heard the name of King Bali. He was a great devotee who gave away in charity all that he had - namely, the whole world - to Lord Vamana, the incarnation of Visnu as a dwarf brahmana"
- That very night, she (Citralekha) traveled in outer space and within a very short time reached the city of Dvaraka, which was well protected by Lord Krsna. She entered the palace and found Aniruddha sleeping in his bedroom on a very opulent bed
- The baula-sampradaya, aula-sampradaya and sahajiya-sampradaya, as well as the smartas, jata-gosanis, ativadis, cudadharis and gauranga-nagaris, claim to belong to the disciplic succession of Caitanya Mahaprabhu, the Lord actually rejected them
- The caretakers (of Usa) cautiously informed their master that Usa was showing symptoms indicating a disgraceful association
- The housekeeper and the guards of the palace could guess very easily that she was having relations with a male friend, and without waiting for further developments, all of them informed their master, Banasura
- The idea is that they (demoniac human beings) do not know how to expend their energy for right causes, being unaware of the benefit of Krsna consciousness. Actually, there are two classes of men - one is Krsna conscious, the other is non-Krsna conscious
- The meeting of Aniruddha and Usa, which caused a great fight between Lord Krsna and Lord Siva, is very mysterious and interesting. Maharaja Pariksit was eager to hear the whole story from Sukadeva Gosvami, and thus Sukadeva narrated it
- The non-Krsna conscious men are generally devoted to the demigods, whereas the Krsna conscious men are devoted to the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Krsna conscious persons utilize everything for the service of the Lord
- The non-Krsna conscious persons utilize everything for sense gratification, and Banasura is a perfect example of such a person. For his own satisfaction he was very eager to utilize his extraordinary power to fight
- The palace in which Usa and Citralekha lived was so well fortified that it was impossible for any male to either enter or see inside
- The reddish kunkuma powder put on the breasts of women was spotted here and there on the garland, indicating that Usa had embraced him (Aniruddha)
- The servants were so careful that a male could not even see what was going on there, & so they were surprised that she (Usa) had become contaminated. Since they could not trace out the reason for it, they submitted the whole situation before their master
- The statements of Srimad-Bhagavatam and other Vedic literatures prove definitely that on each and every planet there are living entities of different varieties. Therefore, it is foolish to assert that there are no living entities but those on this earth
- This great hero Banasura, born of Maharaja Bali, was a great devotee of Lord Siva and was always ready to render service unto him. Because of his devotion, Banasura achieved a great position in society, and he was honored in every respect
- Under the order of Banasura, the soldiers from all sides attempted to capture and arrest him. When they dared to come before him, Aniruddha struck them with the rod, breaking their heads, legs, arms and thighs, & one after another they fell to the ground
- Usa and Aniruddha lived together in the palace, and day after day Usa's love for Aniruddha grew four times upon four. Usa pleased Aniruddha with valuable garments, flowers, garlands, scents and incense
- Usa exhibited some bodily symptoms by which it could be understood that she was having intercourse with a male friend. The symptoms were so prominent that her actions could no longer be concealed from anyone
- Usa replied, "Aniruddha's arms are very long, & his general bodily features are so pleasing that any young girl would be attracted. I feel much pride in saying that this beautiful young man was kissing me, & I was enjoying the nectar of his kissing"
- Usa was always cheerful in the association of Aniruddha, and she did not know the bounds of her satisfaction
- Usa worshiped Aniruddha as if he were the Supreme Personality of Godhead. By her excellent service, Usa made Aniruddha forget all other things and was able to draw his attention and love to her without deviation
- When she (Usa) had attained the age of marriage & was sleeping amongst her many girlfriends, she dreamt that Aniruddha was by her side & that she was enjoying a conjugal relationship with him, although she had never actually seen him or heard of him
- When Usa received the news that her father had arrested Aniruddha, she was overwhelmed with grief and confusion. Tears glided down from her eyes, and being unable to check herself, she began to cry very loudly
- When Usa saw the picture of Pradyumna, she became a little bashful, but when she saw the picture of Aniruddha, she became so bashful that she immediately lowered her head and smiled, having found the man she was seeking