Krsna Book Chapter 55 - Pradyumna Born to Krsna and Rukmini
Pages in category "Krsna Book Chapter 55 - Pradyumna Born to Krsna and Rukmini"
The following 65 pages are in this category, out of 65 total.
- A serpent cannot tolerate being kicked by another animal or by a man, and it immediately bites its opponent
- All of them (women) were conjecturing as to who he (Pradyumna) was, for he was so beautiful. Among the women was Rukmini-devi, who was equally beautiful, with her lotuslike eyes
- Although the demon exhibited his mystic powers and took shelter of supernatural strength, Pradyumna was able to counteract his strength and powers by the superior power of mahavidya
- As soon as he (Sambara) learned that Pradyumna had been born, he took the shape of a woman and kidnapped the baby from the maternity home less than ten days after his birth
- At Pradyumna's words, the demon Sambara, being insulted, felt just as a snake feels after being struck by someone's foot
- At that very moment, Lord Krsna, along with His father and mother, Devaki and Vasudeva, appeared on the scene. Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, could understand everything, yet in that situation He remained silent
- Being empowered by his wife, Pradyumna immediately went before Sambara and challenged him to fight. Pradyumna addressed him in very strong language, so that his temper would be agitated and he would be moved to fight
- By the desire of Krsna, the great sage Narada appeared, he disclosed all the incidents - how Pradyumna had been stolen from the maternity home & how he had grown up & had come there with his wife, Mayavati, who had formerly been Rati, the wife of Cupid
- He (Cupid) was born as the son of Krsna and celebrated by the name Pradyumna. Because he was begotten by Lord Krsna directly, his qualities were most similar to those of Krsna
- He (Kamadeva) belongs to the category of jiva-tattva, but for exhibiting special power in the category of demigods he was a part and parcel of the superprowess of Pradyumna. That is the verdict of the Gosvamis
- He (Pradyumna) inquired from her (Mayavati), "How is it possible that first you were affectionate like a mother and now you are expressing the symptoms of a lusty woman? What is the reason for such a change"
- He (Sambarasura) thus raised himself high into the sky and threw various types of nuclear weapons at the body of Pradyumna
- His (Baby Pradyumna's) eyes were just like the petals of lotus flowers, and his arms were long, reaching down to his knees; any woman who happened to see him was captivated by his bodily beauty
- In the kitchen of the demon was a maidservant whose name was Mayavati. This woman had formerly been the wife of Cupid, called Rati
- It is clear from this statement that Pradyumna's bodily characteristics were so similar to Krsna's that he was mistaken for Krsna even by his mother
- It is said that Cupid, who is directly part and parcel of Lord Vasudeva and who was formerly burned to ashes by the anger of Lord Siva, took birth from the womb of Rukmini, begotten by Krsna
- Mayavati could understand that her former husband, Cupid, born as Pradyumna, had grown into such a nice young man, and she also gradually became captivated and lusty
- Mayavati had mystic knowledge of supernatural powers. Supernatural powers are generally known as maya, and to surpass all such powers there is another supernatural power, called maha-maya
- Mayavati had the knowledge of the mystic power of maha-maya, and she delivered to Pradyumna this specific energetic power in order to defeat the mystic powers of the Sambara demon
- Mayavati knew that she had previously been Rati, the wife of Cupid; after her husband was burned to ashes by the wrath of Lord Siva, she was always expecting him to come back in a material form
- Miraculously, the baby (Pradyumna) swiftly grew up, and within a very short period he became a beautiful young man
- On hearing this statement from Pradyumna, the woman, Rati, replied, "My dear sir, you are the son of Lord Krsna. Before you were ten days old, you were stolen by the Sambara demon and later thrown into the water and swallowed by a fish"
- One after another, all the members of the family - Devaki, Vasudeva, Lord Sri Krsna, Lord Balarama, Rukmini and all the women of the family - embraced Pradyumna and his wife, Mayavati
- Rati continued, "Before he (Demon Sambara) again attempts to kill you (Pradyumna), please kill him as soon as possible with your divine power"
- Rati continued, "She (Rukmini-devi) is very affectionate toward you, and since you have been taken away from her, she has been living like a cow aggrieved over the loss of its calf"
- Rati continued, "You have come under my care, but actually, in your former life as Cupid, I was your wife; therefore, my manifestation of conjugal symptoms is not at all incompatible. Sambara wanted to kill you, he is endowed with various mystic powers"
- Roaring like a thundering cloud, in great anger the demon began to beat Pradyumna with his club, just as a thunderbolt beats a mountain. Pradyumna protected himself with his own club and eventually struck the demon very severely
- Rukmini continued, "Who is that young woman who has accompanied him? How have they met? Remembering my own son, who was stolen from the maternity home, I can only guess if he is living somewhere, he might have grown by this time to be like this boy"
- Sambara felt the words of Pradyumna as if they were a kick. He immediately took his club in his hand and appeared before Pradyumna to fight
- Sambara, understanding that his enemy (Pradyumna) was formidable, took assistance from various kinds of demoniac mystic powers belonging to the Guhyakas, the Gandharvas, the Pisacas, the snakes and the Raksasas
- Sambarasura knew the art of mystic powers and could raise himself into the sky and fight from outer space. There is a demon of the name Maya, and Sambarasura had learned many mystic powers from him
- Seeing Pradyumna, she (Rukmini-devi) naturally remembered her own son, and milk began to flow from her breasts out of motherly affection
- She (Rukmini-devi) began to think more confidently that the boy must be her own grown-up son (Pradyumna) because she felt so much affection for him, and, as an auspicious sign, her left arm was trembling
- She (Rukmini-devi) then began to wonder, "Who is this beautiful young boy? He appears to be the most beautiful person. Who is the fortunate young woman able to conceive this nice boy in her womb and become his mother"
- She (Rukmini-devi) was struck with wonder as to how he had acquired all the characteristics of Lord Krsna
- Simply by intuition, Rukmini could understand that Pradyumna was her own lost son. She could also observe that Pradyumna resembled Lord Krsna in every respect
- Smiling before him (Pradyumna) with a feminine attractiveness, she (Mayavati) expressed her desire for sexual union
- Srila Sukadeva Gosvami has explained that in the beginning all the ladies of the palace, who were all mothers and stepmothers of Pradyumna, mistook him to be Krsna and were all bashful, infected by the desire for conjugal love
- The demon took him (baby Pradyumna) and threw him directly into the sea. But, as it is said, "Whoever is protected by Krsna, no one can kill, and whoever is destined to be killed by Krsna, no one can protect"
- The explanation is that Pradyumna's personal appearance was exactly like Krsna's, and he was factually Cupid himself. There was no cause for astonishment, therefore, when the mothers of Pradyumna and the other women mistook him in that way
- The great sage Narada then appeared and explained to her about the birth of Pradyumna and how the baby had been taken away by Sambara and later thrown into the sea. In this way the whole story was disclosed to Mayavati
- The inner section of a palace is known as the antah-pura (private apartments). Pradyumna and Mayavati could see many women there, and they set down among them
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, has many grades of parts and parcels, but the quadruple expansions of Krsna - Vasudeva, Sankarsana, Pradyumna and Aniruddha - are directly in the Visnu category
- The woman, Rati, replied, "Since you (Pradyumna) were stolen by Sambara, your mother, Rukmini-devi, has been in a very grievous condition, like a kurari bird who has lost her babies"
- There was a demon of the name Sambara who was destined to be killed by Pradyumna. The Sambara demon knew of his destiny
- They (women) all felt very bashful at the sudden presence of Krsna and wanted to hide in a different corner of the palace
- This is Kamadeva, a demigod of the heavenly planets especially capable of inducing lusty desires
- This practice (Demons eating meat and flesh without discrimination) is still prevalent in India, and those who eat meat and fish are generally called demons and Raksasas
- This woman (Mayavati) was surprised to see how such a nice baby (Pradyumna) could remain within the belly of a fish, and the situation perplexed her
- This woman was engaged for cooking rice and dhal in the kitchen, but when she got this nice baby and understood that he was Cupid, her own husband, she naturally took charge of him and with great affection began to bathe him regularly
- To combat the mystic powers of Sambarasura, Pradyumna invoked another mystic power, known as mahavidya, which was different from the black mystic power. The mahavidya mystic power is based on the quality of goodness
- When Cupid was burned to ashes by the anger of Lord Siva, he merged into the body of Vasudeva, and to get his body again he was begotten in the womb of Rukmini by Lord Krsna Himself
- When everyone was informed of the mysterious disappearance of Pradyumna and how he had grown up, they were all struck with wonder because they had gotten back their dead son after they were almost hopeless of his return
- When Pradyumna thus killed the demon (Sambara), all the demigods in the higher planetary systems showered flowers on him
- When Pradyumna was thrown into the sea, a big fish immediately swallowed him. Later this fish was caught in the net of a fisherman, and the fish was later sold to the Sambara demon
- When Sambarasura was defeated in every respect, Pradyumna took his sharp sword and immediately cut off the demon's head, which was decorated with a helmet and valuable jewels
- When the cook was cutting the fish, he found within its stomach a nice baby (Pradyumna), which he immediately presented to the charge of Mayavati, who was an assistant in the kitchen affairs
- When the fish was presented to the demon Sambara, it was taken charge of by his cook, who was to make it into a palatable fish preparation
- When the news of Pradyumna's return spread all over the city of Dvaraka, all the astonished citizens came with great eagerness to see the lost Pradyumna. "The dead son has come back," they said. "What can be more pleasing than this"
- When the women saw Pradyumna, dressed in yellowish garments, with very long arms, curling hair, beautiful reddish eyes, a smiling face, jewelry and ornaments, they at first could not recognize him as a personality different from Krsna
- When the women saw that not all the characteristics of Lord Krsna were present in the personality of Pradyumna, out of curiosity they came back to see him and his wife, Mayavati
- When they (members of Yadu family and the women) understood that it was Pradyumna who was present, they received him with great delight