Krsna Book Chapter 04 - Kamsa Begins His Persecutions
Pages in category "Krsna Book Chapter 04 - Kamsa Begins His Persecutions"
The following 41 pages are in this category, out of 41 total.
- A civilization that commits such sinful activities (offenses at the lotus feet of the devotees and brahmanas) generally loses all faith in the Supreme Lord, and such a godless civilization becomes the source of all calamities in human society
- A person influenced like this (misunderstanding this material body to be his self) engages in enmity only due to the material body. Being engaged in such activities, we forget our eternal relationship with the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- After hearing these words (from goddess Durga), Kamsa became very much overwhelmed with fear. Out of pity, he immediately released Vasudeva and Devaki from the bondage of their shackles and very politely began to address them
- After this appearance (at Krsna's birth), the goddess Durga became known by various names in various parts of the world
- After Vasudeva adjusted things as they had been before he carried Krsna to Gokula, and all the doors and gates became similarly closed, the gatekeepers awoke and heard the newborn child crying
- Although Lord Visnu, Siva & Brahma are always ready to help the demigods, headed by Indra, we have no reason to be afraid of them. As far as Visnu is concerned, He has already hidden Himself within the hearts of all living entities, He cannot come out
- An offense at the lotus feet of the devotees and brahmanas is a greater offense than that committed at the lotus feet of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Devaki said "You are not to be killed by any female child. That was the prophecy. You are to be killed by a male child, so please do not kill her. My dear brother, you have killed so many of my children who were just born, shining like the sun"
- Devaki said "You have been advised by demoniac friends to kill my children. But now I beg you to excuse this girl at least. Let her live as my daughter"
- Devaki, on seeing her brother approaching, prayed in a very meek attitude to Kamsa: “My dear brother, please do not kill this female child. I promise that this child will be the wife of your son; therefore don’t kill her
- He (Kamsa) ordered the demons to harass all kinds of saintly persons, and then he entered his house. The adherents of Kamsa were all influenced by the mode of passion as well as illusioned by the mode of ignorance
- He (Kamsa) personally unlocked the iron shackles and very sympathetically showed his friendship for his family members. When Devaki saw her brother so repentant, she also became pacified and forgot all his atrocious activities against her children
- Kamsa became perplexed now that his death was approaching, and his hair scattered. Immediately he proceeded toward the place where the child was born
- Kamsa called all his counselors together & narrated the incidents that happened the night before. All the counselors of Kamsa were demons & eternal enemies of the demigods, so they became depressed upon hearing their master speak of the night’s events
- Kamsa got up from his bed very quickly and exclaimed, “Now the cruel death of my life is born"
- Kamsa was so cruel that he did not listen to the pitiful prayers of his sister Devaki. He forcibly grabbed the newborn child to rebuke his sister and attempted to dash her on the stone mercilessly
- Kamsa was waiting to hear the news of the child's birth, and the gatekeepers immediately approached him and informed him that the child was born
- Seeing the appearance of the child (who was actually the goddess Durga), all the demigods from different planets like Siddhaloka, Caranaloka, Gandharvaloka, Apsaroloka, Kinnaraloka and Uragaloka presented her with various articles
- She (goddess Durga) was decorated with nice garments and flower garlands and ornaments; in her eight hands she held a bow, lance, arrows, sword, conchshell, disc, club and shield
- The child immediately slipped out of his (Kamsa's) hands, went up into the sky and appeared with eight arms as the younger sister of Visnu
- The demons continued to say, “If there is some disease in the body which is neglected, it worsens and becomes incurable. Similarly, we must now be very careful of the demigods (disease for the demons) before they get too strong to be subdued
- The demons said "Foundation of the strength of the demigods is Lord Visnu, because the ultimate goal of all religious principles is to satisfy Him"
- The demons said "Let us immediately begin by killing all the brahmanas who are in charge of the Vedic knowledge, along with the great sages who are in charge of sacrificial ritualistic performances"
- The demons said "Let us kill all the cows, which are the source of butter, which is so necessary for performing sacrifices. Please give us your (Kamsa) permission to kill all these creatures"
- The demons said "The Vedic injunctions, the brahmanas, the cows, austerities, sacrifices, performances of charity and distribution of wealth are all for the satisfaction of Lord Visnu"
- Their only business was to create enmity with saintly persons. Such activities can only reduce one’s duration of life. The demons accelerated the process and invited their deaths as soon as possible
- They (the counselors of Kamsa) were not very experienced or learned, they began to give instructions to Kamsa as follows, Dear sir, let us now make arrangements to kill all children who were born within the last ten days in all towns, counties & villages
- They (the demigods) are always afraid of fighting with us (the counselors of Kamsa), and even if they wish to check our activities, they will not dare to do so. Because of your (Kamsa) immeasurable strength, they fear your bow
- This (Kamsa's cruelty towards Devaki) is a graphic example of a cruel demon who could sacrifice all relationships for the sake of personal gratification
- Thus being advised by his demoniac ministers, Kamsa, who was from the very beginning the greatest rascal, decided to persecute the brahmanas and Vaisnavas, being entrapped by the shackles of all-devouring, eternal time
- Vasudeva talked with Kamsa in such an illuminating way, Kamsa became very much pleased, and his guilt for killing his nephews subsided. With the permission of his sister Devaki and brother-in-law Vasudeva, he returned to his home with a relieved mind
- Vasudeva took the opportunity of Kamsa’s benevolence and informed him that his atheistic activities were also due to this misconception of life - namely taking the material body to be the self
- We (the counselors of Kamsa) have nothing to fear from these demigods. They are very proud of being great fighters in peacetime outside the war field, but actually they cannot show any talent or military power on the war field
- We must not neglect them, for the demigods are our determined enemies. We must be careful to protect ourselves. To root them out from their very existence, we should just engage ourselves in your service and be always ready for your command
- While Kamsa was speaking to his brother-in-law and sister, tears flowed from his eyes, and he fell down at their feet. Believing the words of Durga-devi, whom he had tried to kill, Kamsa immediately released his brother-in-law and sister