Krsna As a Son
This category has the following 4 subcategories, out of 4 total.
Pages in category "Krsna As a Son"
The following 115 pages are in this category, out of 115 total.
- After you (Devaki and Vasudeva) received that benediction and I (Krsna) disappeared, you engaged yourselves in sex to have a son like Me, and I fulfilled your desire - SB 10.3.40
- Although all the elderly gopis knew that Krsna was the son of mother Yasoda, they still desired, If Krsna had become my son, I would also have taken care of Him like mother Yasoda. This was their inner ambition
- Although the cowherd men and cowherd women previously had more affection for Krsna than for their own children, now, for one year, their affection for their own sons continuously increased, for Krsna had now become their sons - SB 10.13.26
- As confirmed in the prayers of Kunti (SB 1.8.19), nato natya-dharo yatha. The Lord was to play the part of a demon-killer, and a friend, son and brother to His devotees, and thus these devotees were all summoned
- As the men remembered their sons (Krsna's cowherd boy expansions), tears began to roll down from their eyes - SB 10.13.34
- As the mothers cared for their respective babies, by the arrangement of yogamaya the babies thought, Here is My mother, and the mothers thought, Here is my son. Because of affection, milk naturally flowed from the mothers' breasts, & the babies drank it
- At that time (when the cowherd men came down from Govardhana and saw their sons (Krsna's cowherd boy expansions)), all the thoughts of the cowherd men merged in the mellow of paternal love, which was aroused by the sight of their sons - SB 10.13.33
- Because of their relationship as mother and son (with Krsna), although the gopis were engaged in various family activities, one should never think that they returned to this material world after leaving their bodies - SB 10.6.39-40
- Being husband and wife but always sonless, you (Devaki) were attracted by sexual desires, for by the influence of devamaya, transcendental love, you wanted to have Me (Krsna) as your son - SB 10.3.39
- Bhadra said, "My dear Draupadi, Lord Krsna is the son of my maternal uncle. Fortunately, I became attracted to His lotus feet"
- Both of you (Vasudeva and Devaki), husband and wife, constantly think of Me (Krsna) as your son, but always know that I am the Supreme Personality of Godhead - SB 10.3.45
- He (Krsna) is atmarama, self-satisfied; He can derive all pleasure by Himself, without anyone’s help. But when the Lord descends to play the part of a human being, He plays a role either as a husband, son, friend or enemy in full perfection
- He (Lord Krsna) was the son of a well-to-do landholder who owned hundreds and thousands of cows, and according to Vedic economics, one is considered to be a rich man by the strength of his store of grains and cows
- If Krsna is accepted as a son, He will never die
- If one cherishes pure loving devotion to Me, thinking of Me as his son, his friend or his beloved, regarding himself as great and considering Me his equal or inferior, I become subordinate to him
- If one is connected with Krsna in any of these transcendental relationships (as a supreme master, supreme friend, supreme son and supreme conjugal lover) , the course of one's material life is understood to have already ended
- If one wants a relationship with Krsna as master and servant, Krsna plays the part of the perfect master. For one who wants Krsna as a son in the parental relationship, Krsna plays the part of a perfect son
- In Bhagavad-gita the vaisyas are described as the natural agriculturalists, the protectors of cows, and the general traders. When Lord Sri Krsna incarnated Himself at Vrndavana, He took pleasure in becoming a beloved son of such a vaisya family
- In Bhakti-rasamrta-sindhu (NOD 1.2.308), Rupa Gosvami offers his respectful obeisances to those who always think of Krsna as He is, and His relation as son, well-wisher, brother, father, friend, etc
- In pure Krsna consciousness, without knowledge of the Lord's opulences, a devotee considers Krsna his friend or son. Therefore this devotional attitude is praised even by Sukadeva Gosvami and Vyasadeva, the supreme authority
- In SB 10.8.45 it is said, "Lord Krsna, the SPG, who is worshiped with exalted hymns by all the Vedas & Upanisads & by great personalities through sankhya-yoga in the mode of goodness, was considered by mother Yasoda and Nanda to be their own little son"
- In SB 3.25.38 the Lord says: Persons who are satisfied with the idea of becoming My adherents alone. They consider that I am their soul, their friend, I am their son, I am their master, I am their well-wisher, I am their God, & I am their supreme goal
- In the previous chapter (of CC Adi 2) it has been established that Krsna, the son of Vrajendra (the King of Vraja), is the SPG, with six opulences. He eternally enjoys transcendentally variegated opulences on His planet, which is known as Goloka
- In the Rama incarnation He remained a king's son from His very childhood, but in the incarnation of Krsna, although He was the son of a king, He at once left the shelter of His real father & mother (King Vasudeva & Queen Devaki) just after His appearance
- In the Skanda Purana there is a story of an old man residing in Hastinapur, capital of the kingdom of the Pandus, who desired Krsna as his beloved son
- In the Tenth Canto, Ninth Chapter, verse 21, it is said, This Personality of Godhead (Krsna), appearing as the son of a cowherd damsel, is easily available and understandable to devotees
- In Vrajabhumi Krsna is certainly the central point of love, but no one knows Him there as the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Rather, a person may know Him as a friend, son, lover or master. In any case, the center is Krsna
- Incarnations exhibit only a certain percentage of the potencies of Godhead; the complete Godhead is Krsna Himself, who appeared as the eighth son of Devaki
- Is there any contradiction in such statements (of SB 3.2.17)? Vasudeva, due to his great appreciation for Krsna, wanted to give Him protection. He never thought that Krsna was the Supreme Lord and could protect Himself; he thought of Krsna as his son
- It is stated (SB 10.9.12) that Mother Yasoda bound the child Krsna with a rope, as if He were an ordinary son born of her body
- Kamsa said, "My dear sister, having seen your dear son Krsna, I think that He is so strong that He can kill even wrestlers strong as the mountains"
- King Kamsa's death is only briefly described here (SB 3.3.1) because such pastimes are vividly and elaborately described in the Tenth Canto. The Lord (Krsna) proved to be a worthy son of His parents even at the age of sixteen years
- Krsna has appeared as the son of mother Saci, and Balarama has appeared as Nityananda, and Their business is to deliver all fallen souls, especially in this age, Kali-yuga
- Krsna immediately changed His dress to look exactly like Abhimanyu and approached Abhimanyu's mother, Jatila, addressing her thus: "My dear Mother, I am your real son Abhimanyu, but just see - Krsna, dressed up like me, is coming before you!"
- Krsna is our most intimate master, friend, father or son and object of conjugal love. Forgetting Krsna, we have created so many objects of questions and answers, but none of them are able to give us complete satisfaction
- Krsna said to Akrura, "My father has undergone much tribulation simply from My being his son. For this reason also he has lost many other sons"
- Krsna's devotees relate to Krsna in various relationships; one might treat Krsna as a son, one might treat Krsna as a husband, as a friend, as a master, etc. BG 1972 purports
- Krsna's position is father, but He's simply father. So he voluntarily becomes a son also sometimes to taste how to become a son. Son is not His constitutional position. Father is His constitutional position
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances again and again to those who always eagerly meditate upon the Supreme Personality of Godhead as a husband, son, friend, brother, father or intimate friend
- Lord Caitanya declared that Lord Krsna, who presents Himself as the son of the King of Vraja, is worshipable, and that Vrndavana-dhama is equally worshipable
- Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu spoke, "My dear beautiful friend, if one develops love of Godhead, love of Krsna, the son of Nanda Maharaja, all the bitter and sweet influences of this love will manifest in one's heart. Such love of Godhead acts in two ways"
- Lord Krsna cannot be accepted as one of the human beings, even though He played the role of an obedient son. His actions were so extraordinary that by the simple raising of His eyebrows He could deliver death-blows to those who were burdening the earth
- Lord Krsna thought: "If one cherishes pure loving devotion to Me, thinking of Me as his son, his friend or his beloved, regarding himself as great and considering Me his equal or inferior, I become subordinate to him"
- Lord Krsna, the Lord of the universe, plays the part of an ideal son just to teach others how to treat their stepmothers
- Lord Madana Gopala, the chief Deity of Vrndavana, is the enjoyer of the rasa dance and is directly the son of the King of Vraja
- Nanda Maharaja, for the sake of the affluence of his own son Krsna, gave the brahmanas cows fully decorated with garments, flower garlands and gold necklaces - SB 10.7.16
- Narada said, "My dear sages, it is not very difficult to understand that because of his great goodness and simplicity, Vasudeva, who has become the father of the PG by accepting Krsna as his son, is inclined to ask us about his welfare"
- O Maharaja Pariksit, having been received and welcomed by Nanda Maharaja with honor, Vasudeva sat down very peacefully and inquired about his own two sons because of intense love for them - SB 10.5.22
- O supremely chaste mother, I (Krsna), the same personality, have now appeared of you both (Devaki and Vasudeva) as your son for the third time. Take My words as the truth - SB 10.3.43
- Of course, it is not possible for everyone to get Krsna as his son, but at least one can get very good sons and daughters for the benefit of human society
- One devotee may want Krsna as supreme master, another as his personal friend, another as his son, and still another as his lover. Krsna rewards all the devotees equally, according to their different intensities of love for Him. BG 1972 purports
- One devotee said, "My dear Krsna, how can I address You as my son when You are addressed by the great Vedantists as the absolute truth and by the Vaisnavas who follow the principles of Narada-pancaratra as the Supreme Personality of Godhead"
- One devotee said, "You are the same Supreme Person, so how shall my tongue be so extraordinarily bold as to address You as an ordinary son"
- One may have a relationship with Krsna as a son or servant, as a friend, as a parent, or as a beloved wife or lover. All these relationships are pervertedly reflected in life in the material world
- One may think of Krsna as the supreme personality, one may think of Krsna as the supreme master, one may think of Krsna as the supreme friend, one may think of Krsna as the supreme son, or one may think of Krsna as the supreme conjugal lover
- One old gopi informed King Nanda, "Your son (Krsna) possesses various wonderful fate lines on His palms. There are the signs of lotus flowers and wheels on His palms"
- Our philosophy is "Come. Come here, play with Krsna as cowherd boy. Come here, dance with Krsna as gopi. Come here, accept Krsna as your son, Krsna will accept you as His mother"
- Since I am the best of all bestowers of benediction, I appeared in this same form as Krsna to ask you (Devaki and Vasudeva) to take from Me the benediction you desired. You then expressed your desire to have a son exactly like Me - SB 10.3.37-38
- Since the Supreme Lord Sri Krsna is all-perfect, His transcendental pastimes with His pure devotees never lack anything in any respect, either as a friend, son or lover
- Such (parents, lovers and friends) devotees of the Lord never think of the Lord as the Supreme, but think of Him exactly as a common friend, a pet son, or a lover or husband very much dear to heart and soul
- Suddha-bhava, pure Krsna consciousness, is not dependent on an understanding of the Lord’s opulences. Even without such opulences, the devotee in suddha-bhava is inclined to love Krsna as a friend or son
- The brahmana replied that the son of the Yadu dynasty, Sri Krsna, had arrived; he further encouraged her (Rukmini) by saying that Krsna had promised to carry her away without fail
- The child is accepting service from the parents. Her business is only to accept. Torture and accept service. So devotees accept Krsna as son so that Krsna may simply torture them and accept service. That is the policy
- The conclusion is that Lord Caitanya is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, the son of the King of Vraja
- The eighth son was the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself - Krsna. The highly fortunate Subhadra, the one daughter, was your (King Pariksit's) grandmother
- The elderly cowherd men, having obtained great feeling from embracing their sons (Krsna's cowherd boy expansions), gradually and with great difficulty and reluctance ceased embracing them and returned to the forest - SB 10.13.34
- The elderly gopis could not distinguish between their own sons and Krsna, for since their own sons had been taken by Brahma, Krsna had expanded as their sons
- The fifty-fifth verse (of SB, 9th Canto) says, svayam eva harih kila, indicating that Krsna, the eighth son of Devaki, is the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Krsna is not an incarnation
- The gopi wives of the cowherd men were very pleased to hear that mother Yasoda had given birth to a son, and they began to decorate themselves very nicely with proper dresses, ornaments, black ointment for the eyes, and so on - SB 10.5.9
- The gopis said, "You (Krsna) are the eternal husband, eternal son, eternal friend and eternal master, and one who enters into a relationship with You is eternally happy"
- The great devotees sometimes treat God (Krsna) as a son in their execution of devotional service - CC Intro
- The Lord (Krsna) is known as Devaki-nandana and Yasoda-nandana because He accepted the role of son for mother Devaki and mother Yasoda, and He is known as Gopala because He enjoyed the sport of maintaining the cows and calves
- The Lord descends to attract all by His specific transcendental pastimes, and thus He plays the part of the most perfect master, friend, son and lover
- The Lord exchanges transcendental relations in five ways, as proprietor, master, friend, son and lover, and in each of these pastimes He plays fully by the potency of yogamaya, the internal potency
- The Lord is supremely perfect, and whenever He enacts His transcendental pastimes as a son, a rival or an object of enmity, He plays the part so perfectly that even pure devotees like Uddhava are bewildered
- The Lord is the object of maintenance, like a son, and therefore this mellow is full of the qualities of four rasas - santa-rasa, dasya-rasa, fraternity and parental love. This is more transcendental nectar
- The Lord reminded Vasudeva and Devaki of two other incarnations in which He had appeared as their son. He had appeared as Prsnigarbha and Vamanadeva, and now this was the third time He was appearing as the son of Devaki to fulfill their desire
- The mothers of the boys (Krsna's cowherd boys expansions), upon hearing the sounds of the flutes and bugles being played by their sons, immediately rose from their household tasks, lifted their boys onto their laps - SB 10.13.22
- The mothers, after embracing their son (Krsna), sat Him on their laps. Due to pure affection, milk sprang from their breasts. They were overwhelmed with delight, and the tears from their eyes wetted the Lord
- The son demands, and the father supplies, and in supplying Krsna the devotee becomes like a father. Instead of taking from God, we give to God
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, Krsna, certainly has no business being anyone's husband or son or father, because everything belongs to Him and everyone is under His control. He does not require anyone's help for His satisfaction
- The Vrndavana pastimes demonstrated that although generally people worship God with reverence, the Lord is more pleased when a devotee thinks of Him as his pet son, personal friend or most dear fiance
- There (in Goloka Vrndavana) someone may accept Him (Krsna) as a son and sometimes bind Him to a grinding mortar. Someone else may accept Him as an intimate friend and, attaining victory over Him, playfully mount His shoulders
- There are no other scriptures in the world in which God (Krsna) is treated as the son of a devotee. Usually God is seen as the almighty father who supplies the demands of His sons - CC Intro
- There was no limit to the increment of their (the cowherd men and women's) affection for their sons, who were now Krsna. Every day they found new inspiration for loving their children as much as they loved Krsna - SB 10.13.26
- Thereafter, at the conjunction of two yugas, the Lord of the creation will take His birth as the Kalki incarnation and become the son of Visnu Yasa. At this time the rulers of the earth will have degenerated into plunderers
- These are some of the signs of parental love for Krsna by His mother, father and elderly persons. Symptoms of ecstatic love in parental affection are expressed when Krsna is accepted as the son
- They (the cowherd men) crossed the rough road with great difficulty, but when they came down and saw their own sons (Krsna's cowherd boy expansions), they were overwhelmed by great affection - SB 10.13.32
- This (Teachings of Lord Caitanya) is not only the philosophy of Caitanya-caritamrta but of Srimad-Bhagavatam as well. There are no other literatures in the world in which God is treated as the son of a devotee
- This devotional service (when a devotee thinks of Krsna as his pet son, personal friend or most dear fiance) is executed in a favorable atmosphere freed from material affection
- This was their (the elderly gopis) inner ambition. Now, in order to please them, Krsna personally took the role of their sons and fulfilled their desire
- Those who accept Krsna, or the Supreme Lord, as their son will never be bereft of their son
- Uddhava continued, "The Personality of Godhead is no one's son; He is actually everyone's father, mother and supreme controller. There is no doubt of this"
- Usually God is seen as the almighty Father who supplies the demands of His sons. The great devotees, however, sometimes treat God as a son in their execution of devotional service
- We should be careful to understand that to get Krsna as one's son, one must undergo such great austerities - twelve thousand years on the celestial planets
- What is the use of this material husband? Make Krsna husband. Krsna's prepared to become everything - love Him as husband, love Him as son, love Him, friend. Krsna is prepared
- When Devaki, the mother of Krsna, saw her son very jubilant in the presence of the wrestlers in Kamsa's arena, two kinds of tears were simultaneously gliding down her cheeks: sometimes her tears were warm, and sometimes they were cold
- When Drona and Dhara were requested to beget children, they chose to come to this world to have the Supreme Personality of Godhead as their son, Krsna
- When the devotee is situated on this platform (of vatsalya-rati), he wants to maintain the Lord like a son, and he desires all good fortune for the Lord. He offers blessings to the Lord by touching His feet and head
- When the same relationships (from the material world with a son, a wife, a friend and a conjugal lover) awaken in Krsna consciousness, one's spiritual life is revived, and one is guaranteed to return home, back to Godhead
- When the Supreme Personality of Godhead appears, He accepts His eternal father and mother, and they accept Krsna as their son. This pastime takes place eternally and is therefore called nitya-lila. Thus there was no cause for surprise or ridicule
- When Vasudeva was addressing his divine sons in that way, Lord Krsna and Balarama were smiling. Because They are very affectionate to Their devotees, They accepted all the appreciation of Vasudeva with a kindly, smiling attitude
- While playing in such a perfect transcendental relation, the devotee forgets, by the internal potency of the Lord, that his friend or son is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, although sometimes the devotee is bewildered by the acts of the Lord
- Without a doubt He is directly the son of the King of Vraja. Only a fool considers Him a statue
- Yamaraja returned the boy to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, and Krsna and Balarama brought him to his father. The brothers asked if Their teacher had anything more to ask from Them, but he replied, "My dear sons, You have done enough for me"
- Yasoda was astonished (seeing all the universes in Krsna's mouth), but out of deep affection for Krsna she thought that the Almighty Godhead Narayana had kindly looked after her son just to protect Him from all the continuous calamities happening to Him