Krsna As a Brother
Pages in category "Krsna As a Brother"
The following 30 pages are in this category, out of 30 total.
- After a short time passed, both brothers, Rama and Krsna, began to crawl on the ground of Vraja with the strength of Their hands and knees and thus enjoy Their childhood play - SB 10.8.21
- Akrura was warmly received by Lord Krsna and Nanda Maharaja and offered a resting place for the night. In the meantime, the two brothers Balarama and Krsna went to take Their supper
- Although Balarama can do everything, because of intense affection for His brother He was momentarily bewildered. A similar thing is stated to have happened in connection with rukmini-harana, the kidnapping of Rukmini
- Although her (Subhadra) father, Vasudeva, and her brother Krsna were not in agreement with Him, Balarama was in favor of marrying Subhadra to Duryodhana
- Arjuna prayed, "My dear Krsna, I thought of You as my cousin-brother, and so I have shown disrespect to You in so many ways, calling You Krsna, or friend. But You are so great that I could not understand"
- As confirmed in the prayers of Kunti (SB 1.8.19), nato natya-dharo yatha. The Lord was to play the part of a demon-killer, and a friend, son and brother to His devotees, and thus these devotees were all summoned
- Balarama represents plowing the land for agriculture and therefore always carries in His hand a plow, whereas Krsna tends cows and therefore carries a flute in His hand. Thus the two brothers represent krsi-raksya and go-raksya
- Balarama suspected that they would attack Krsna, and thus out of great affection for His brother He took strong military divisions of chariots, infantry, horses and elephants and went to the precincts of Kundina
- Kamsa called for his expert elephant trainers, as well as for the wrestlers Canura, Mustika, Sala, Tosala, etc., & he told them, “My dear friends, try to hear me attentively. At Nanda's place in Vrndavana there are two brothers, Krsna & Balarama
- Krsna was speaking this Bhagavad-gita, He was not less than ninety years old. He remained on this earth for 125 years. So Arjuna was His contemporary friend and cousin-brother
- Let me offer my respectful obeisances again and again to those who always eagerly meditate upon the Supreme Personality of Godhead as a husband, son, friend, brother, father or intimate friend
- Lord Krsna was also one of them as a cousin of the Pandavas and nephew of Kunti, as well as brother of Subhadra, etc. The Lord, therefore, was equally sympathetic toward all of them, and therefore he began to pacify them befittingly
- Mother Yasoda addressed Balarama thus: "My dear Rama, the glory of Your family, my dear child, please come back with Your younger brother Krsna immediately. You have been engaged in playing since early morning, and You must be very tired"
- My dear Balaramaji, You two brothers, cowherd boys only, may be very expert in tending cows, but how can You be expert in playing chess or shooting arrows on the battlefield? These arts are well known only to the princely order
- The hunchbacked woman continued, "The King is very much pleased with me for supplying this nice thing, but now I see that there is no one who can better be served by this pulp of sandalwood than You two brothers"
- The King embraced Him as a younger brother, although the King knew perfectly well that Krsna is the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The Laghu-bhagavatamrta (5.383) states: Sometimes He (Krsna) is called Narayana; sometimes Upendra (Vamana), the younger brother of Indra, King of heaven; and sometimes Ksirodakasayi Visnu
- The Lord, although conscious of His supreme position, always behaved in a humanly custom, and so He also bowed down before the dying Bhismadeva as if He were one of the younger brothers of King Yudhisthira
- When the brothers (Krsna and Balarama) were passing through the streets, all the brahmanas in the neighborhood went out with sandal water and flowers and respectfully welcomed Them to the city
- When the commanders of the Yadu dynasty came back to see Krsna, they were all surprised to see the condition of Rukmi. Lord Balarama became especially compassionate toward His sister-in-law (Rukmini), who was newly married to His brother (Krsna)
- When the gopis arrived, Lord Balarama glanced over them with loving eyes. Being overjoyed, the gopis, who had so long been mortified on account of Krsna's and Balarama's absence, began to ask about the welfare of the two brothers
- While Krsna danced, some of the cowherd boys sang and others played on flutes; some bugled on buffalo horns or clapped their hands, praising Krsna, "Dear brother, You are dancing very nicely"