"power of Krsna"|"power of Lord Krsna"|"power of God"|"power of the Purusa"|"power of the Supreme Godhead"|"power of the Supreme Personality of Godhead"|"power of the Lord"|"power of Visnu"
Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 9 subcategories, out of 9 total.
- ► As Powerful As Krsna (2 C, 6 P)
- ► Empowered by Krsna (1 C, 44 P)
- ► God's Power (19 C, 92 P)
- ► Testifying to Krsna's Great Power (1 P)
- ► Visnu Is as Powerful as Krsna (1 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Power"
The following 127 pages are in this category, out of 127 total.
- A description of Krsna's power in minimizing the sufferings of sinful reactions is given in Brahma-samhita as follows
- Actually people in the Vedic culture worship both the Powerful and the power. There are many hundreds and thousands of temples of Visnu and Devi, and sometimes they are worshiped simultaneously
- After stringing the bow in the presence of the crowd, He drew it and broke it at the middle into two parts, exactly as an elephant breaks sugarcane in the field. Everyone present appreciated Krsna's power
- After this incident ( Vidyadhara's deliverance), on a very pleasant night Krsna and His elder brother, Balarama, who are inconceivably powerful, went into the forest of Vrndavana
- All energies and powers are derived from the supreme source, Lord Krsna, and they act as long as He desires and cease to function as soon as He withdraws
- All power belongs to Krsna. But if anyone takes shelter of Krsna, he becomes as powerful as Krsna. This is the process
- Although he was a great outlaw in the city, Satadhanva was still very much afraid of Krsna's power, and thus when Krsna arrived he became most afraid
- Appearing in bodies like those of an ordinary fish, tortoise and hog, You (Krsna) exhibit activities impossible for such creatures to perform - extraordinary, incomparable, transcendental activities of unlimited power and strength - SB 10.10.35
- Arjuna said: O King! The Supreme Personality of Godhead Hari, who treated me exactly like an intimate friend, has left me alone. Thus my astounding power, which astonished even the demigods, is no longer with me
- As explained in the Eleventh Chapter of the Bhagavad-gita, Krsna has spread Himself all over the universe in many personalities through specific powers, known as vibhuti
- As Krsna confirms in Bhagavad-gita, sambhavamy atma-mayaya: (BG 4.6) I appear at My will, by My internal potential power
- At this age Krsna enjoyed the rasa-lila, exhibiting His power of joking with the cowherd girls and enjoying their company in the bushes of the gardens by the bank of the Yamuna
- Brahma did not see Krsna as catur-bhuja, the opulent Narayana; rather, he simply saw an innocent boy. Nonetheless, he could understand that although Krsna was not demonstrating His power, He was the same Supreme person
- Brahma wanted to show some of his own power and see the power of Krsna, who was engaged in His childhood pastimes, playing as if with ordinary cowherd boys - SB 10.13.15
- Brahma was contemplating his own power and the immense, unlimited power of Krsna, but before he could come to a conclusion, he saw this immediate transformation
- Brahma's stealing of calves & boys from Krsna may be a wonderful display of mystic power, but when Krsna exhibited His expansive power in so many calves & boys and maintained them without effort, Brahma could understand that his power was insignificant
- By His personal features and transcendental attributes, the Lord attracts all psychological activities of a pure devotee. Such is the attractive power of Lord Krsna
- Caitanya said, "Love of Krsna is so powerful that it simultaneously defeats the poisonous effects of a snake, as well as the happiness derived from pouring nectar on one's head. It is perceived as doubly effective, simultaneously poisonous & nectarean"
- Coming to his senses, Lord Brahma saw that although he was a very powerful living creature in the estimation of all other living creatures within this material world, his power was nothing in comparison to the power and energy of the S.P. of Godhead
- Garga Muni said, "This child (Krsna) will grow in power, beauty, opulence - in everything - on the level of Narayana, the Supreme Personality of God. Therefore I would advise that you protect Him very carefully so that He may grow without disturbance"
- God's senses, Krsna's senses are as powerful as other senses. Just like I can see with my eyes, but Krsna can eat also with His eyes
- Great asuras like Ravana, Hiranyakasipu, Kamsa, and others who were very powerful living entities were all killed by the Personality of Godhead. And the almighty Vasudeva has empowered His name with the powers of His personal Self
- He (Akrura) further informed Satadhanva, "Krsna and Balarama are so powerful that simply by willing They create, maintain and dissolve the whole cosmic manifestation"
- He (Krsna) appeared extremely powerful; His influence and vast power are so great that every human being should be afraid of Him
- He (Lord Krsna) can lift millions of Govardhana Hills by His simple desire; He does not need to lift it with His hand. But He imitates the ordinary living entity by this lifting, and at the same time He exhibits His supernatural power
- He is the predominating Deity of egotism, and by the will of Krsna and the power of the spiritual energy, He creates the spiritual world, which consists of the planet Goloka Vrndavana and the Vaikuntha planets
- He who knows in truth this glory and power of Mine engages in unalloyed devotional service; of this there is no doubt. BG 10.7 - 1972
- His (Lord Krsna) personal weapon is the most powerful weapon, greater than the brahmastras or similar other disastrous weapons
- I thank you very much for your appreciation of my association. This association is disciplic and as such all thanks are due to Lord Krishna Who infuses His powers through the bona fide disciplic succession
- I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, who is endowed with great power
- In every millennium, Krsna appears in a different form, either as white, red or yellow, but this time He personally appeared in His original, blackish form and, as predicted by Garga Muni, exhibited the power of Narayana
- In Him (Krsna) reside (1) truthfulness, (2) cleanliness, (3) intolerance of another's unhappiness, (4) the power to control anger, (5) self-satisfaction, (6) straightforwardness, (7) steadiness of mind, (8) control of the sense organs
- In His childhood He killed many powerful demons, such as Aghasura, Bakasura and Sakatasura, and there was no question of His having acquired such power through any extraneous endeavor
- In Narada's statement it is confirmed that Krsna was able to illusion even Lord Brahma and Lord Siva as well as Indra. So there is no question of Krsna's power to do the same to lesser living entities
- In such chivalrous fighting between friends (like Krsna & Arjuna), there is sometimes bragging, self-complacence, pride, power, taking to weapons, challenging & standing as opponent. All of these symptoms become impetuses to chivalrous devotional service
- In the present age, Krsna has appeared as holy name. So we should not consider that holy name of Krsna is less important than Krsna. The holy name of Krsna is as powerful as Krsna
- In this way, Krsna is endowed with all opulences, transcendental qualities and mystic powers. No ordinary living being can compare to Him
- Indeed, His complexion is so pleasing that it attracts the eyes and minds of everyone, and it is so powerful that it defies all comparison
- Indra said, "My dear Lord (Krsna), I committed a great offense unto Your lotus feet, being falsely proud of my material opulences, not knowing Your unlimited power. Therefore, my Lord, kindly excuse me, because I am fool number one"
- It is said here (in SB 3.32.28), jnanam ekam. Bhagavad-gita confirms that they are fools who, simply upon seeing Krsna, consider Him a common man. They do not know the unlimited knowledge, power and opulence of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Just as a simple spark from a fire can't harm the fire, so my bewildering potency was completely unsuccessful in thwarting Your (Krsna's) superior illusory power. Therefore I find myself to be most insignificant & think of myself as a most useless person
- Just as the sun can act through the sunshine and thus distribute its heat and light, so Krsna, by His inconceivable power, can appear in His original spiritual form in any material element, including stone, wood, paint, gold, silver and jewels
- Kamsa once said, "What harm can this boy (Krsna) do to me? He has no power." The next moment Kamsa was informed that all of his friends had been killed by the boy
- Kamsa, Jarasandha, Sisupala and other demons like them were also always rapt in the thought of Lord Krsna, but they were absorbed in a different way, namely unfavorably, or thinking Him to be a powerful man only
- King Nrga said, "You (Krsna) are all-pervading, present everywhere as cause and effect. You are the cause of all causes, and Your power is unlimited"
- Krishna is so powerful that He can become smaller than the smallest and greater than the greatest. He can keep millions of skies within His Belly and at the same time He can enter within the existence of the smallest atom
- Krsna and Yogamaya appeared as brother and sister - the Supreme Powerful and the supreme power. Although there is no clear distinction between the Powerful and the power, power is always subordinate to the Powerful
- Krsna continued, "My dear Rukmini, such great and exalted love for Me will always remain within My soul. As far as I am concerned, it is not within My power to repay you for your unalloyed devotion to Me"
- Krsna exhibits His powers as isvara, or the supreme controller, when He assures His devotee in Bhagavad-gita (BG 18.66): "Abandon all varieties of religion and just surrender unto Me. I shall deliver you from all sinful reaction. Do not fear."
- Krsna is God from the childhood. When He was three months old He demonstrated His godly powers. He immediately killed Sakatasura. He immediately killed Putana. So He did not become God by meditation, manufactured in some mystic factory
- Krsna is the origin of the powers delegated to demigods, great sages and mystics. Although they are endowed with great powers, these powers are limited, and thus it is very difficult for them to know how Krsna Himself appears
- Krsna transferred His power into the body of Bhimasena and informed him of the device by which Jarasandha could be killed
- Krsna was playing like a dramatic actor. Because Brahma had some false prestige, thinking that he had some power, Krsna showed him his real position. A similar incident occurred when Brahma went to see Krsna in Dvaraka
- Krsna's knowledge, His power of remembrance, His power of knowing everything perfectly is different from our knowing. But unfortunately we think, "God may be little greater than me." That is that Dr. Frog philosophy
- Krsna's power is variegated, and thus the same sakti, or potency, works in variegated ways
- Krsna's quality is proportionately exhibited. This proportionate exhibition of Krsna's power is misunderstood by less intelligent men to be Krsna's partiality, but actually it is no such thing
- Krsna's reaction is a controversial point among great authorities and saintly persons. How could Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the reservoir of all power and knowledge, be bewildered in such a way?
- Krsna, the supreme hero, has the most beautiful transcendental body. This body possesses all good features. It is radiant and very pleasing to the eyes. His body is powerful, strong and youthful
- Lord Brahma had stolen all the calves and cowherd boys in order to test Krsna’s power. Lord Brahma admitted that his own extraordinary powers within the universe were not in the least comparable to the unlimited powers of Lord Krsna
- Lord Brahma presented himself to Lord Krsna as the most presumptuous living creature because he wanted to examine the wonder of His personal power. He stole the boys and calves of the Lord in order to see how the Lord would recover them
- Lord Brahma, who has full control over the goddess of learning and who is considered to be the best authority in Vedic knowledge, was thus perplexed, being unable to understand the extraordinary power manifested by the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Lord Krsna has unlimited power, and Narada's astonishment was boundless upon observing again and again the demonstration of Lord Krsna's internal energy
- Material entanglement is no problem; if Krishna was not so powerful that He can easily undo our material entanglement then there would be no need to follow the path of Krishna Consciousness
- Material nature has no power to create without the power of the purusa, just as a prakrti, or woman, cannot produce a child without the connection of a purusa, or man. The purusa impregnates, and the prakrti delivers
- Material senses cannot have any estimation of the Supreme Lord, but by His inconceivable power the Lord can incarnate Himself to the sense perception of the conditioned souls in a suitable manner through the agency of matter
- Maya has no powers. Krsna has given her power to chastise these individual souls who are defying the authority of Krsna. They should be punished. It is Maya's thankless task, but Maya is obedient servant of Krsna
- Mother Yasoda did not care to understand who Krsna was and how His power spreads everywhere. This is an example of pure love for Krsna
- My dear King Pariksit, I have now described the wonderful power of Krsna, as displayed when the Lord delivered the King of the elephants. O best of the Kuru dynasty, those who hear this narration become fit to be promoted to the higher planetary systems
- O learned brahmanas, just as hundreds and thousands of small rivulets issue from great reservoirs of water, innumerable incarnations flow from Sri Hari, the Supreme Personality of Godhead and the reservoir of all power
- O my Lord, those influenced by demoniac principles cannot realize You, although You are clearly the Supreme by dint of Your exalted activities, forms, character and uncommon power
- O wise Suta, please narrate to us the transcendental pastimes of the Supreme Godhead's multi-incarnations. Such auspicious adventures and pastimes of the Lord, the supreme controller, are performed by His internal powers
- One should take shelter of Krsna-Balarama, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, whose protective power is so great that it cannot be equaled in the material world
- Only those who render unreserved, uninterrupted, favorable service unto the lotus feet of Lord Krsna, who carries the wheel of the chariot in His hand, can know the creator of the universe in His full glory, power and transcendence
- Pure devotional service is so sublime that one can very easily forget the happiness derived from material enjoyment, material liberation and mystic or yogic perfection. Thus the devotee is bound by Krsna's mercy and His uncommon power and qualities
- Putana was immediately aware that the child whom she was observing in the house of Nanda Maharaja was the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself. He was lying there as a small baby, but that does not mean He was less powerful
- Sri Krsna and His various personal expansions are nondifferent in potential power. These expansions are associated with further, secondary expansions, or servitor expansions, who are called devotees
- Sri Radha is the full power, and Lord Krsna is the possessor of full power. The two are not different, as evidenced by the revealed scriptures
- Sri Yamunacarya further says in his prayer that the forgiving power of Lord Krsna is even greater than that of Lord Ramacandra, because Sisupala was always in the habit of insulting Krsna - not only in one lifetime, but continually throughout three lives
- Sri Yamunacarya praises Krsna's power of forgiveness with the following statement: "My dear Lord Ramacandra, You are so merciful to have excused the crow's clawing on the nipples of Janaki simply because of his bowing down before You"
- Supreme Person is neither very fat nor very thin; He is always transcendental to material qualities, and yet His bodily luster is blackish. His eyes are reddish, He is all-powerful, and He is equipped with all different kinds of opulences
- The assembled gopis and gopas, unaware that Krsna is always unlimited, could not believe that baby Krsna had such inconceivable power - SB 10.7.10
- The Brahma-samhita confirms that the spiritual body of the Supreme Lord is so powerful that any part of His body can perform the functions of any other part
- The cowherd men and women could not understand that the all-powerful Personality of Godhead was lying there as a baby and that He could do anything. Both the possible and impossible were in His power
- The foolish man thinks of the transcendental body of the Lord as something like his own, and therefore he cannot think of the unlimited controlling power of the Lord, who is not visible in the acting of the physical laws
- The great sage Narada spoke as follows: "Your (Krsna's) energies are so extensive and inconceivable that even powerful personalities like Brahma, the lord of this particular universe, cannot measure Your inconceivable power"
- The holy name of Lord Krsna is an attractive feature for many saintly, liberal people. It is the annihilator of all sinful reactions and is so powerful that, save for the dumb who cannot chant it, it is readily available to everyone
- The incarnations of the Lord display limited powers because so much power is needed at that particular time
- The individual soul in the body of a baby cannot show the full power of a grown man, but the S P of Godhead, Krsna, even when lying on the lap of His mother as a baby, could exhibit His full power by killing Putana and other demons who attacked Him
- The Krsna consciousness movement is spreading to enlighten people about their real position, their original relationship with Krsna. One requires Krsna’s special power in order to be able to do this
- The learned brahmana scholars showed respect to Nawab Hussain Shah because he represented a fraction of Krsna’s power
- The Lord (Krsna) offered His services to His teacher, Sandipani Muni, and the muni, knowing the power of the Lord, asked something which was impossible to be done by anyone else
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord (Krsna), we know very well that Jarasandha cannot defeat You at any time, for Your power, strength, resources and authority are all unlimited. No one can equal You or surpass You"
- The messenger said, "Dear Lord, who can estimate Your mercy & powerful activities? You are present always as the insurmountable force of eternal time, baffling the indefatigable desires of the materialists, who are thus repeatedly confused & frustrated"
- The most wonderful manifestation of the Lord's power is exhibited when the infinite Lord becomes visible to our eyes as one of us. Yet His activities are different from those of the finite beings
- The power of Krsna is just like a government that cannot be overcome
- The quality of Krsna - knowledge, can be further extended into five subheadings, namely intelligence, gratefulness, power of understanding the circumstantial environments of place, object & time, perfect knowledge of everything, & knowledge of the self
- The spiritual abode known as Goloka, which is a pasturing land for surabhi cows, is as powerful and opulent as Krsna. By the will of Krsna, the original Goloka and Gokula dhamas are manifested with Him in all the universes
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead has unlimited powers, and He wants to see that His devotees are also entrusted with unlimited powers. A devotee of the Lord is always, therefore, distinguished from all other living entities
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead is the reservoir of all knowledge, all potency, all strength, opulence and influence. There is no limit to His powers
- The thunderbolt, indeed a mighty weapon, represents Krsna's power. BG 1972 purports
- Therefore You are the primeval Lord, the original father of everyone. They (the purusas) are protectors of the universes by Your power
- These opulences of the Godhead (wealth, power, fame, beauty, wisdom and renunciation) are delineated by Parasara Muni, a great Vedic authority
- They (persons who are engaged in destructive work) are all of the demoniac mentality, always challenging the supreme power of the Lord
- This (swallowing up the whole forest fire) was not impossible for Krsna, because He is unlimited. He has unlimited power to do anything He desires
- This opulence is described in the revealed scriptures as vaibhava-prakasa. When Lord Krsna married sixteen thousand wives, He expanded Himself into sixteen thousand forms, each one of them as powerful as He Himself
- This universal form is not possible to be seen by any ordinary man. Krsna must give one the power to see it. BG 1972 purports
- Those who are born into this family of Yadu are all My eternal associates. Dear wife, you should not consider that My associates are ever separated from Me; they are My personal expansions, as such, you must know that they are almost as powerful as I am
- To explain how maya acts by Krsna’s power, the author of Sri Caitanya-caritamrta gives the example of an iron rod in a fire
- We find that there have been many great heroes in history, but they could not escape from the cruel hands of death. Even the greatest hero cannot escape from the ruling power of the Supreme Personality of Godhead when Krsna comes as death
- We understand Krsna by analytical study, how His divine power is working throughout the whole universe, within the atom, within myself, within the movable, immovable, everywhere, antaryami
- When a person is developed in love of Godhead, his body, mind and everything else are attracted by the transcendental qualities of the Lord. Such is the power of Krsna's merciful activities and transcendental qualities
- When I think of Krsna - how He went away from His father's protection to Vraja and lived there incognito out of fear of the enemy, and how, although unlimitedly powerful, He fled from Mathura in fear - all these bewildering incidents give me distress
- When Kamsa came to understand about the breaking of his wonderful bow and the killing of the caretakers and soldiers by Krsna, he could partially realize the power of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- When they (opulences) are partly manifested through the plenary portions or parts of the plenary portions, it should be noted that certain manifestations of His different powers are required for those particular functions
- While Krsna was thus engaged in His transcendental pastimes, exhibiting His internal potency in the company of the supermost fortunate cowherd boys, there occurred another chance for Him to exhibit the superhuman powers of Godhead
- Without asking anyone's permission, she entered Nanda Maharaja's room, where she saw the child (Krsna) sleeping in bed, His unlimited power covered like a powerful fire covered by ashes - SB 10.6.7
- Without Krsna's special power of attorney, nobody can preach His name
- Without power, how the rose flower is coming to beautiful shape from the bud? There is power. That power is Krsna's power
- Yogamaya naturally could not see how it was possible for her to attract Sankarsana (from the womb of Devaki to the womb of Rohini). Therefore Krsna addressed her as subhe, auspicious, & said, "Be blessed. Take power from Me, & you will be able to do it"
- You are clearly the Supreme by dint of Your exalted activities, forms, character and uncommon power, which are confirmed by all the revealed scriptures in the quality of goodness and the celebrated transcendentalists in the divine nature