This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
- ► God's Own (7 C, 81 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Own"
The following 111 pages are in this category, out of 111 total.
- A chaste devotee also never asks the Lord (Krsna) for help, but the Lord, out of His own accord, is always anxious to render it
- Actually, the fact was that the Lord wanted to kill them through the agency of His (Krsna) own men, devotees like Mucukunda and Bhima. Kalayavana and the King of Magadha were killed by Mucukunda and Bhima respectively, who acted as agents of the Lord
- After the brahmana had been received nicely and seated on Lord Krsna's own cushioned bed, he and Krsna took each other's hands and began to talk about their early life, when they had both lived under the protection of the gurukula
- Akrura continued, "You (Krsna and Balarama) create this cosmic manifestation by Your own potencies, and You enter into it Yourself"
- Akrura thought, "Today it will be possible for me to actually see the beauty of the spiritual kingdom of Visnuloka because Krsna is the Supreme Visnu and He has advented Himself out of His own good will"
- All these devotees are undoubtedly magnanimous souls, but he who is situated in knowledge of Me I consider to be just like My own self. Being engaged in My transcendental service, he is sure to attain Me, the highest and most perfect goal
- Although the Battle of Kuruksetra was almost finished, still, according to His (Krsna's) vow, He should not have taken up His own weapon. But the emergency was more important than the vow
- An old woman in Vrndavana, present at the time of Krsna's pastimes, once stated in surprise: "How wonderful it is that Krsna, who owns the hearts of all the young girls of Brajabhumi, can nicely speak the language of Brajabhumi with the gopis"
- Another gopi said, "You (Krsna) have, out of Your own causeless mercy, appeared in this world, requested by Lord Brahma for the protection of the world. It is by Your kindness only that You have appeared in the dynasty of Yadu"
- As the Supreme Lord, He can increase or decrease the duration of life of a living being. Thus the Lord conducted the Battle of Kuruksetra according to His own plan
- As the supreme teacher of human society, He teaches His own way of activities, and thus He inaugurates the real path of religion. I request everyone to follow Him
- At that time (Bhisma about to kill Arjuna) Lord Krsna wanted to please His devotee, Bhisma, by keeping Bhisma's promise, which was more important than His own. Seemingly He broke His own promise
- First (Krsna would distribute garlands, betel nuts, sandalwood pulp) to the brahmanas and elderly members of the family, then to the queens, and then to the ministers, and if there were still some balance He would engage it for His own personal use
- Fulfilling my (Bhismadeva) desire and sacrificing His own promise, He (Krsna) got down from the chariot, took up its wheel, and ran towards me hurriedly, just as a lion goes to kill an elephant. He even dropped His outer garment on the way
- He (Krsna) does not assume any form, as the impersonalists think, because He comes at His own will, and the form in which He descends is His eternal form
- He (Krsna) is not forced to appear by any external agency; He descends by His own internal potency to reestablish the standard functions of human activities, simultaneously annihilate the disturbing elements in the progressive march of human civilization
- He (Lord Krsna) is also causelessly merciful, and He wants to bestow upon us this privilege of raga-bhakti. Thus He appeared by His own internal energy. He was not forced to appear by any extraneous force
- He (Lord Krsna) was the son of a well-to-do landholder who owned hundreds and thousands of cows, and according to Vedic economics, one is considered to be a rich man by the strength of his store of grains and cows
- He for whom I have left everything is personally killing Me with His own hands. Krsna has no fear of killing women. Indeed, I am dying for Him, but He doesn't even turn back to look at Me. Within a moment, He has broken off Our loving affairs
- He is the supreme enjoyer of both the material and spiritual worlds, yet He enjoys His own abode in the spiritual sky. There is no one equal to Him because His transcendental opulence is immeasurable
- He was proud to see the beauty of the forest due to the rainy season, which was nothing but the manifestation of His own energy. At such times Krsna would praise nature's special activities during the rainy season
- Her mind, senses and body are steeped in love for Krsna. She is Krsna's own energy, and She helps Him in His pastimes
- How wonderful it is that I have never seen such a beautiful form! Although it is My own form, still, like Radharani, I am trying to embrace this form and enjoy celestial bliss
- I worship Govinda, the primeval Lord, who resides in His own realm, Goloka, with Radha, who resembles His own spiritual figure and who embodies the ecstatic potency (hladini)
- If the Absolute Truth is beyond measurement, one may ask, how can one realize Him? The answer is given here by the word svayambhuve: one may understand Him or not, but nevertheless He is existing in His own spiritual potency
- In the Bhagavad-gita it is clearly said that He (Krsna) appears by His own internal potency for the protection of the devotees and the annihilation of the nondevotees
- In the Bhagavad-gita the Lord says that He descends by His own potency (atma-maya). His form, name, fame, paraphernalia, abode, etc., are not, therefore, creations of matter
- In the Padyavali, one of the friends of Radharani once addressed Her thusly: "My dear friend, please do not be too puffed up because Krsna has decorated Your forehead with His own hand. It may be that Krsna is yet attracted by some other beautiful girl"
- Indeed, You alone know Yourself by Your own potencies, O origin of all, Lord of all beings, God of gods, O Supreme Person, Lord of the universe! BG 10.15 - 1972
- Intending to make my promise true, Lord Krsna broke His own promise not to take up a weapon at Kuruksetra
- It appears that the Lord (Krsna) is partial to His devotees. Everyone is related with the Lord. He is equal to everyone, and yet He is more inclined to His own men and devotees
- Kalayavana, the King of Magadha and Salva attacked the city of Mathura, but when the city was encircled by their soldiers, the Lord refrained from killing them personally, just to show the power of His own men
- Krishna is not an ordinary human being. How can you think that Krishna is contradicting Himself in His own statements? It is your concoction.The jiva is jivatma and Krishna is paramatma. Where is the contradiction?
- Krsna continued, "This offer of wrestling is a great favor of his, but the fact is that We (Krsna and Balarama) are simply boys. We sometimes play in the forest of Vrndavana with Our friends who are Our own age"
- Krsna did not think it wise to kill him (untouchable king) directly with His own hand. Still the king had to be killed, & therefore Krsna decided with fine discretion that He should flee from the battlefield so that the untouchable king would chase Him
- Krsna has no false ego, for He does not identify Himself with the false and temporary body. His body is always eternal; He descends to this world in His own original, spiritual body. This is explained in Bhagavad-gita as param bhavam
- Krsna is Bhavagrahi Janardana. Krsna has many Temples big and small, besides that He has his own abode in the Spiritual Sky, Goloka Vrndavana, so all our plans are under the jurisdiction of Bhavagrahi
- Krsna is the proprietor. Krsna is the proprietor of everything. He is the owner. We are simply occupier
- Krsna plainly says that His devotees are more dear to Him than Lord Brahma, Lord Siva, Lord Sankarsana (the original cause of creation), the goddess of fortune or even His own Self
- Krsna tries to taste His own sweetness, but He cannot do so without accepting the emotions of a devotee
- Krsna was both hidden, raised by Nanda Maharaja. Jarasandha accused Krsna of three faults: that He killed His own maternal uncle, that He was not even a ksatriya, that He was hidden in His childhood. Therefore Jarasandha felt ashamed to fight with Him
- Krsna was to start for Dvaraka, His own kingdom, after the Battle of Kuruksetra & Yudhisthira's being enthroned, but to oblige the request of Yudhisthira & to show special mercy to Bhismadeva, Lord Krsna stopped at Hastinapura, the capital of the Pandavas
- Krsna's own form has only two hands, but in the form of Lord Narayana He has four hands. Lord Narayana holds a conchshell, disc, club and lotus flower, and He is full of great opulence. The sri, bhu and nila energies serve at His lotus feet
- Krsna, the SP of Godhead, belongs to everyone, but just as the sun rises from the east, although there are other directions from which it could rise, so by His own choice the Lord appears in a particular family, and that family becomes famous
- Lord Krishna killed his own dynasty under His personal supervision. So certainly Krishna didn't like the idea that future dynasties would be able to identify having Krishna's blood. Krishna has no material blood; neither He is different from His body
- Lord Krsna appreciated the hard labor of His mother, and being compassionate upon her, He agreed to be bound up by the ropes. Krsna, playing as a human child in the house of mother Yasoda, was performing His own selected pastimes
- Lord Krsna is Narayana, the father of Brahma, because Lord Krsna's plenary expansion Garbhodakasayi Visnu, after placing Himself on the Garbha Ocean, created Brahma from His own body
- Lord Krsna manifests His own form in Mathura and Dvaraka. He enjoys pastimes in various ways by expanding into the quadruple forms
- Lord Krsna's own beauty attracts Lord Krsna Himself. But because He cannot fully enjoy it, His mind remains full of sorrow
- Lord Krsna's sweetness is so attractive that it steals away His own mind. Thus even He wants to embrace Himself
- Lord Krsna, stepping over the other hopeful candidates, carried her (Rukmini) away as His own share, as Garuda carried away nectar
- Lord Krsna, with His own club, broke the club of Mura to pieces before it could reach Him. The demon, bereft of his weapon, decided to attack Krsna with his strong arms
- Lord Sri Krsna, although in the form of a human being by His own potency, is still the Supreme Lord with full potency as the supreme controller
- May the Lord, who in the beginning of the creation amplified the potent knowledge of Brahma from within his heart, inspired him with full knowledge of creation & of His own Self, who appeared to be generated from the mouth of Brahma, be pleased with me
- My dear Lord, although You have no material form, You have Your own innumerable forms. They truly are Your transcendental forms, which are pleasing to Your devotees
- Narada Muni continued: Thereafter, Lord Krsna, by His own personal potency, consisting of religion, knowledge, renunciation, opulence, austerity, education and activities, equipped Lord Siva with all the necessary paraphernalia
- Narada Muni said, "You (Krsna) have taken birth in the Yadu dynasty, or the Vrsni dynasty. Your advent on the surface of the earth in Your original form of eternal blissful knowledge is Your own pastime"
- Narada Muni said, "Your (Krsna's) unlimited potency cannot even be measured by anyone. My dear Lord, You are the supreme controller. You are under Your own internal potency, and it is simply vain to think that You are dependent on any of Your creations"
- Now He (Krsna) was awaiting the annihilation of His own dynasty, called the Yadu-vamsa, who appeared by His will in this world. He wanted to take them away before His own departure to His eternal abode
- Now that Sri Krsna, the Absolute Truth, the master of all mystic powers, has departed for His own abode, please tell us by whom religious principles are presently protected
- O Uddhava! Neither Brahma, nor Sankara, nor Sankarsana, nor Laksmi, nor even My own self is as dear to Me as you
- Once Lord Krsna considered within His heart, "Seeing the luster of Her (Radharani's) complexion after Our pastimes together, I forget My own identity in happiness"
- One gopi told mother Yasoda, "My dear mother, your son is very expert among the cowherd boys. He knows all the different arts of how to tend the cows & how to play the flute. He composes His own songs, & to play them He puts His flute to His mouth"
- Seeing His own beauty, Lord Krsna began to consider: He (Brahma) has not given millions of eyes to see the beauty of Krsna. He has given only two eyes, and even those eyes blink. How then shall I see the lovely face of Krsna?
- Since Sri Krsna, the Absolute Truth, the master of all mystic powers, has departed for His own abode, please tell us to whom the religious principles have now gone for shelter
- That is one desire. Now please hear of another. Seeing His own beauty, Lord Krsna began to consider
- The citizens arrived before the Lord (Krsna) with their respective presentations, offering them to the fully satisfied and self-sufficient one, who, by His own potency, incessantly supplies others
- The foolish man thinks of the transcendental body of the Lord as something like his own, and therefore he cannot think of the unlimited controlling power of the Lord, who is not visible in the acting of the physical laws
- The Lord (Krsna) also desires the association of His pure devotees, and for them only the Lord descends on the earth and enlivens them. The Lord appears out of His own will
- The Lord has created this universe from His own spiritual potency. According to His desire, the Lord entered this universe as the Supersoul, and by virtue of His different potencies, He is maintaining all living entities desiring material enjoyment
- The Lord left this earthly planet in His own transcendental body, and as soon as He left, the symptoms of the Kali-yuga, as were envisioned by Maharaja Yudhisthira prior to Arjuna's arrival from Dvaraka, began to manifest
- The Lord, Sri Krsna, appeared as a human being, yet He performed many uncommon and wonderful pastimes by His own potency. How can I say more about His activities than what has already been said by great saintly persons?
- The Mayavadi philosophers wrongly think that Krsna loses His own separate existence in His many expansions
- The Personality of Godhead (Krsna), again desiring to give names and forms to His parts and parcels, the living entities, placed them under the guidance of material nature. By His own potency, material nature is empowered to re-create
- The position of being a devotee is higher than that of equality with Lord Krsna, for the devotees are dearer to Lord Krsna than His own self
- The sufferings of the Pandavas were never due to their past deeds. The Lord had to execute the plan of establishing the kingdom of virtue, and therefore His own devotees suffered temporarily in order to establish the conquest of virtue
- The Supreme Lord, who can award liberation to anyone, showed more mercy toward the gopis than to Lord Brahma, Lord Siva or even the goddess of fortune, who is His own wife and is associated with His body
- The weapon called brahmastra, released by Asvatthama, was neutralized and foiled by Lord Sri Krsna by His own energy; that is to say, He did not wait for any other's help because He is absolute
- The wonderful form of Krsna in His personal feature is so great that it attracts even Krsna to taste His own association. Indeed, Krsna becomes very eager to taste it
- There are different opinions as to why He (Krsna) takes His birth. That is also declared in the Bhagavad-gita. He appears by His own internal potency to reestablish the principles of religion and to protect the pious and to annihilate the impious
- There is a principal cause for Lord Krsna's appearance. It grows from His own engagements as the foremost enjoyer of loving exchanges
- Thereafter, influenced by the interactions of eternal time, the supreme sum total of matter called the mahat-tattva became manifested, and in this mahat-tattva the unalloyed goodness, the SL, sowed the seeds of universal manifestation out of His own body
- They (foolish men) cannot understand that the Lord Sri Krsna, although in the form of a human being by His own potency, is still the Supreme Lord with full potency as the supreme controller
- They (Krsna and Balarama) learned practical psychology - how to influence another's mind and thus induce another to act according to one's own desire. Sometimes this is called hypnotism
- They appear in different bodies, and under the different bodily concepts of life they act. But Krsna does not change His body. He appears in His own body and is therefore not affected by the modes of material nature
- This Bhagavata Purana is as brilliant as the sun, and it has arisen just after the departure of Lord Krsna to His own abode, accompanied by religion, knowledge, etc
- Thus they (the inhabitants of Vrndavana) prayed to Krsna, saying that they could not take any shelter other than His lotus feet. Lord Krsna, being compassionate upon His own townspeople, immediately swallowed up the whole forest fire and saved them
- To say nothing of Anantadeva, even Lord Krsna Himself cannot find an end to His own transcendental qualities. Indeed, He Himself is always eager to know them
- We are satisfied that the Lord has now reached His own province, Dvarakadhama, from the Kuru provinces
- What else is there to say about the residential house of the Pandavas? Sri Krsna, the Lord of everything, acted as your minister. He used to enter that house as if it were His own, and He did not take any care of Duryodhana's house
- What to speak of others, even Lord Krsna Himself becomes thirsty to taste His own sweetness
- When Aditi saw the Supreme Personality of Godhead (Vamanadeva), who had appeared from her own womb, having accepted a transcendental body by His own spiritual potency, she was struck with wonder and was very happy
- When He (Krsna) descends on the material world by His causeless mercy to different living beings, He does so by His own potency. He is not subject to any condition of the material modes of nature, and He descends as He is originally
- When He (Krsna) desires to leave this world He creates the pastimes of killing His own family members (Yadu-kula) and remains unaffected by such annihilation
- When Lord Krsna was at Vrndavana even the cows would become moistened by affection towards Him, and He would draw milk from the nipples of every affectionate living being, so what to speak of the stepmothers who were already as good as His own mother
- When sandalwood pulp is mixed with aguru, kunkuma, musk and camphor and spread on Krsna's body, it combines with Krsna's own original bodily perfume and seems to cover it
- When Sri Krsna by His (Krsna's) own internal pleasure appears on earth, He does so by the agency of His internal potency
- When the demigod Indra saw that Krsna was constructing a particular city of His own choice, he sent the celebrated parijata tree of the heavenly planets to be planted in the new city, and he also sent a parliamentary house, Sudharma
- When the Lord saw that there was no time for the Pandavas to counteract the brahmastra of Asvatthama, He took up His weapon even at the risk of breaking His own vow
- When the untouchable king seized the city of Mathura, Krsna did not think it wise to kill him directly with His own hand
- Within a very short time both Rama and Krsna began to walk very easily in Gokula on Their legs, by Their own strength, without the need to crawl
- Without disturbing the ecstasy of His mother's affection, Krsna opened His mouth and displayed His own natural opulences
- Would Krsna ever attack His own grandfather, Ugrasena, or His teacher, Sandipani Muni? These were some of the arguments offered by Arjuna to Krsna
- You should know Krsna to be the original soul of all atmas (living entities). For the benefit of the whole universe, He has, out of His causeless mercy, appeared as an ordinary human being. He has done this by the strength of His own internal potency
- You should know that Lord Krsna Himself violated His own promise just to keep the promise of Grandfather Bhisma