This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Krsna's Joking with Radharani (2 P)
Pages in category "Krsna's Joking"
The following 57 pages are in this category, out of 57 total.
- Although I was worshiped by those on the path of monism and initiated into self-realization through the yoga system, I have nonetheless been forcibly turned into a maidservant by some cunning boy who is always joking with the gopis
- Although Krsna cheated the young unmarried gopis and made them stand naked before Him and enjoyed joking words with them, and although He treated them just like dolls and stole their garments, they were still pleased with Him and never lodged complaints
- Although Krsna was joking with Queen Rukmini, she was thinking that He was going to give up her company, and she was therefore shocked
- At this age Krsna enjoyed the rasa-lila, exhibiting His power of joking with the cowherd girls and enjoying their company in the bushes of the gardens by the bank of the Yamuna
- He (Krsna) is the only resort for all devotees, and so He knows very well how to satisfy His pure devotees. Krsna understood that Rukmini could not follow the statements He had made in a joking way. To counteract her confusion, He spoke
- He (Sridama) would carry a buffalo horn, and his turban was of reddish, copper color. His bodily complexion was blackish, and around his neck there was a nice garland. He would always challenge Krsna in joking friendship
- Here in the arena of the rasa dance, I remember Krsna, who is always fond of joking and performing pastimes
- His (Krsna's) exceptional joking abilities, exhibited sometimes by His pretending to be a royal prince, or even the Supreme Personality of Godhead, also give impetus to devotees developing love for Krsna in friendship
- I (Krsna) have no desire to play any joke with you (the Gopis), for you are tired from observing the regulative principles for one month by worshiping Goddess Katyayani
- I saw Krsna and the gopis enjoying all kinds of pastimes while laughing and joking together. Hearing their vocal expressions enhanced the joy of My ears
- In their dealings as husband and wife, Krsna & His queens would smile, talk, joke, embrace and so on, and their conjugal relationship ever-increasingly developed. In this way, Krsna and the queens enjoyed transcendental happiness in their household life
- Krsna continued, "My dear beautiful wife, you (Rukmini) know that because we are householders we are always busy in many household affairs and long for a time when we can enjoy some joking words between us. That is our ultimate gain in household life"
- Krsna joked, Why have you (the bumblebee) come to disturb My brahmana friend Madhumangala? You want to kill a brahmana. This is not good. All the boys would laugh and enjoy, speaking such joking words while eating
- Krsna said, "My dear chaste wife, My dear princess (Rukmini), I expected such an explanation from you, and only for this purpose did I speak all those joking words, so that you might be cheated of the real point of view. Now My purpose has been served"
- Krsna said, "The words which have affected you (Rukmini) so much are not factual. I wanted to irritate you a bit, and I was expecting you to make counter answers to those joking words. Unfortunately, you have taken them seriously"
- Krsna's attraction for Radharani is described by Krsna Himself thus, "When I create some joking phrases in order to enjoy the beauty of Radharani, Radharani hears these joking words with great attention"
- Krsna's friends played blindman's buff, challenging and touching one another. Sometimes they imitated the forest deer and various kinds of birds. They joked with one another by imitating croaking frogs, and they enjoyed swinging underneath the trees
- Looking forward toward all His (Krsna's) friends, personally joking with them and creating jubilant laughter among them as He ate - SB 10.13.11
- Lord Krsna immediately realized that Rukmini had not taken His words in a joking spirit. She had taken them very seriously, and in her extreme anxiety over immediate separation from Him, she had fallen into this condition
- Lord Krsna wanted to exhibit Himself as being like an ordinary householder who delights himself by exchanging joking words with his wife. He therefore repeatedly requested Rukmini not to take those words very seriously
- O King! His (Krsna's) jokings and frank talks were pleasing and beautifully decorated with smiles. His addresses unto me as "O son of Prtha, O friend, O son of the Kuru dynasty," and all such heartiness are now remembered by me, and thus I am overwhelmed
- One day, in a joking mood, Krsna informed Radharani, "My dear Radharani, I am going to give up Your company." Upon saying this, He immediately disappeared
- One imitates the joking behavior of Krsna, but one cannot imitate lifting the Govardhana Hill. That is not possible
- One night Radharani was talking in a dream. "My dear Krsna, please do not play any more jokes on Me! Please stop! And please don't touch My garments either. Otherwise I shall inform the elderly persons, and I shall disclose all of Your naughty behavior
- Radharani trembled as She told one of the gopis, "Don't joke with this disappointing boy! Please ask Him not to approach Me, because He is always the cause of all grief for us"
- Ramananda Raya described Krsna as dhira-lalita, a word indicating a person who is very cunning and youthful, who is always expert in joking, who is without anxiety, and who is always subservient to his girlfriend
- Since Krsna is the reservoir of all pleasure, He wanted to make all His companions joyous by cutting a joke with the hunchbacked woman
- Some minor demigods said, "Krsna, whose joking words were once the source of so much laughter for the residents of Braja, has now been attacked by the serpent king, Kaliya, and He has become the object of everyone's overwhelming lamentation"
- Somewhere Lord Krsna was found enjoying the company of a particular wife by exchanging joking words with her. Somewhere else He was found engaged with His wife in religious ritualistic functions
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "(Krsna and His friends) thus enjoyed joking amongst themselves, the denizens of heaven would become struck with wonder and would only stare at the scene"
- That Personality of Godhead, known as Madana-mohana, whose joking words carry many indications and deep meanings, is increasing the lusty desires of My ears
- The cowherd friends used to please Krsna by sitting together with Him on couches or on swings, by lying together on their beds, by joking together and by swimming in the pool
- The gopis began to splash water on the body of Krsna, all the while smiling, and Krsna enjoyed this. As Krsna was taking pleasure in the joking words and splashing water, the demigods in the heavenly planets showered flowers
- The gopis continued, "We constantly remember various attractive features of beautiful Krsna - His walking, His smiling, His joking words. We have all become lost by the dealings of Krsna, and it is impossible for us to forget Him"
- The mind of Arjuna (the fact that he didn't want to fight) was predicated by the Lord in friendly joking. BG 1972 purports
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead, who accepts the results of all great sacrifices, was laughing and joking, enjoying lunch with His friends in Vrndavana
- The sweetness of Krsna's joking words plays indescribable havoc with the hearts of all women. His words bind a woman's ear to the qualities of their sweetness. Thus there is a tug-of-war, and the life of the ear departs
- The word prahasitapanga, referring to Krsna's smile and sidelong glances at His devotees, specifically applies to His dealings with the gopis. Krsna is always in a joking mood when He increases the feelings of conjugal rasa in the hearts of the gopis
- They (Gopis) all remembered the characteristics of the Personality of Godhead, how He moved within the area of Vrndavana and how, with joking words, He attracted all their hearts
- They (the gopis) told Krsna, "Dear son of Nanda Maharaja, please do not joke with us in that way. It is completely unjust to us"
- This verse (CC Madhya 19.202) from Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.60.24) refers to Krsna’s speaking to Rukmini in His bedroom. Just to test her sincerity, He began to joke with her, presenting Himself as poor, incapable and unfit to be her lover
- To say nothing of Lord Narayana personally, Lord Krsna Himself appeared as Narayana just to play a joke on the gopis
- We know that this is all a well-planned trick. You know how to make jokes that cause the complete annihilation of women, but we can understand that Your real mind, words and behavior are different. Therefore please give up all these clever tricks
- When Krsna, the supreme joker, planted the parijata tree in the courtyard of Satyabhama, Rukmini, the daughter of King Vidarbha, became very angry, but due to her natural gentle behavior, she did not express anything
- When Lord Krsna pacified Rukmini by His sweet words, she could understand that what He had formerly said was not actually meant seriously but was spoken to evoke some joking pleasure between themselves
- When the girls (the gopis) in the water heard such joking words from Krsna, they began to look at one another and smile. They were very joyous to hear such a request from Krsna because they were already in love with Him
- When Uddhava was describing Krsna's pastimes to Vidura, he said, "One day the gopis became stunned when Krsna, in the dress of a gardening maid, entered the greenhouse and enlivened them with joking and laughter"
- While Krsna was joking in this way with the damsels of Braja, who with great hope had come to enjoy the rasa dance with Him, Subala was also on the scene, and he began to look at Krsna with wide and laughing eyes
- While Krsna was joking with Rukmini in Dvaraka, she was full of distress, fear and lamentation. She had also lost her intelligence. She dropped her hand bangles and the fan she was using to fan the Lord
- While Mother Yasoda was dressing Krsna, he (Visala) would try to help put on Krsna's ankle bells, and Krsna would jokingly strike him with His flute
- While they were walking on the bank of the Yamuna, Krsna would sometimes put His arms around a gopi’s head, breast or waist. Pinching one another and joking and looking at one another, they enjoyed