This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Krsna's Dress"
The following 118 pages are in this category, out of 118 total.
- A person who is very fond of dressing himself is called lalita, or a meticulous dresser. This characteristic was found in Krsna in two ways
- Abhimanyu did not like Radharani's association with Krsna, and therefore when Raktak saw Krsna in the dress of Abhimanyu and thus mistook His identity, he began to strongly rebuke Him
- Actually Radharani inquired from Krsna, "Where is Your dress?" But Krsna took the meaning as residence, and He replied to Radharani, "My dear captivated one, at the present moment my residence is in Your beautiful eyes"
- After dressing nicely, Krsna and Balarama went to a florist of the name Sudama. As soon as They reached the precinct of his house, the florist immediately came out and with great devotion fell down on his face to offer his respectful obeisances
- After equipping Themselves with military dress, Krsna and Balarama mounted Their chariots. Krsna rode the chariot of which Daruka was the driver. With a small army They came out of the city of Mathura, blowing Their respective conchshells
- After meditating for millions of years, Brahma could understand the transcendental form of the Lord as Krsna, in the dress of a cowherd boy, thus he recorded his experience in the Brahma-samhita in the famous prayer, govindam adi-purusam tam aham bhajami
- After the body of the Deity was cleansed, He was dressed very nicely with new garments. Then sandalwood pulp, tulasi garlands and other fragrant flower garlands were placed upon the body of the Deity
- After this ghastly incident, the employees of the washerman immediately dispersed, leaving the clothing. Krsna and Balarama took possession of it and dressed according to Their choice
- Akalpa refers to the texture of Krsna's hair, His nicely dressed body anointed with sandalwood pulp and decorated with flower garlands, His tilaka and His chewing pan
- Akrura could understand that both Krsna and Balarama had returned from tending cows in the forest; They had taken Their baths and were dressed with fresh clothing and garlanded with flowers and with necklaces made of valuable jewels
- Although the Lord is by nature very beautiful due to the perfect figure of His transcendental body, He would dress Himself in yellow garments and put on His necklace of Kaustubha jewels
- Another gopi said, "My dear friends, Krsna is so nicely dressed that He appears to be the impetus to various kinds of ceremonies held by the womenfolk"
- Arjuna is described here as the conqueror, and Krsna is described as his intimate friend. Bhismadeva, on his bed of arrows after the Battle of Kuruksetra, is remembering the particular dress of Lord Krsna which He put on as the driver of Arjuna's chariot
- As soon as Raktak finally understood that it was Krsna in the dress of Abhimanyu, he began perspiring. This perspiration was caused by fearfulness
- As soon as they saw Krsna and Balarama coming out on the street, very nicely dressed and smiling and looking at the citizens with grace, the citizens were immediately filled with loving ecstasies simply by seeing the personal presence of Mukunda
- At the present moment, we are accustomed to see my dress. "How costly dress I have got, I become satisfied..." No. When by dressing Krsna you'll feel satisfied, that is spiritual satisfaction. That is spiritual satisfaction
- Bakula, please cleanse the yellowish dress of Krsna. Varika, you just flavor the bathing water with aguru scent. And Rasala, you just prepare the betel nuts. You can all see that Krsna is approaching
- Because Krsna comes before us just like a human being, if we think that "He's also like me," then we are ass. Krsna does not change His dress
- Being very nicely attired, Krsna and Balarama looked like elephants dressed with colored clothing on the full-moon day or the dark-moon day
- Being village girls, they (the gopis) were not very much attracted to the field of Kuruksetra, where Krsna was present with elephants, horses and royal dress. Indeed, they did not very much appreciate Krsna in that atmosphere
- Bhima and Arjuna were ksatriyas (warrior-kings). Jarasandha was also a ksatriya and was very charitable toward the brahmanas. Thus Krsna, who had planned to fight with Jarasandha, went to him with Bhima and Arjuna in the dress of brahmanas
- Bhimasena, Arjuna & Krsna then started together for Girivraja, the capital city of Jarasandha, dressing themselves in the garb of brahmanas. This was the plan devised by Uddhava before He started for Hastinapura, & now it was given practical application
- Bhismadeva, fixed his wide-open eyes upon the original Personality of Godhead, Sri Krsna, who stood before him, four-handed, dressed in yellow garments that glittered and shined
- Blessed are all these foolish deer because they have approached Maharaja Nanda's son, who is gorgeously dressed and is playing on His flute. Indeed, both the does and the bucks worship the Lord with looks of love and affection
- By His Vasudeva feature, Krsna simultaneously expanded Himself into the exact number of missing cowherd boys and calves, with lunch bags, their particular types of dress and ornaments placed in various ways - SB 10.13.19
- Childhood age, childish dress, movements by the child, sweet words spoken by the child, nice smiling and various forms of childish play are considered provocations for increasing the parental love for Krsna
- Constantly, if we worship, then Krsna's form is always impressed - I can see Krsna any time. If I close my eyes, I will see Krsna, how Krsna is nicely dressed. I see Krsna is very pleasingly eating what I have prepared with devotion, bhaktya
- Dressed in yellow, His (Krsna's) body blackish like a dense cloud, His scattered hair fully grown, and His helmet and earrings sparkling uncommonly with the valuable gem Vaidurya - SB 10.3.9-10
- Dressed with garlands of lotus flowers, They were sometimes singing very sweetly among Their friends. One gopi told her friends, "How is it Krsna and Balarama are looking so beautiful?"
- Dressed with muddy earth mixed with cow dung and cow urine, the babies (Krsna and Balarama) looked very beautiful - SB 10.8.23
- Finally the Lord showed Nityananda Prabhu His two-armed form of Krsna, the son of Maharaja Nanda, simply playing on His flute, His bluish body dressed in yellow garments
- Following the regulative principles of mahabhiseka, Maharaja Ambarisa performed the bathing ceremony for the Deity of Lord Krsna with all paraphernalia, and then he dressed the Deity with fine clothing, ornaments, fragrant flower garlands
- For instance, Krsna's nice dress, the all-auspicious symptoms on His body, His strongly-built body, His knowledge of different languages, His learned teachings in the Bhagavad-gita
- Here at Kuruksetra You are dressed like a royal prince, accompanied by great warriors, but in Vrndavana You appeared just like an ordinary cowherd boy, accompanied only by Your beautiful flute
- His garment glowed yellow-gold, and He was garlanded with a Vaijayanti necklace. Dressed in such an attractive way, Krsna filled up the holes of His flute with the nectar emanating from His lips
- If somebody gives me a new dress, so I say: "Oh, it is a new dress. Very nice." So that is my enjoyment. Similarly if you satisfy Krsna daily a very gorgeous dress. Just like today I see it is very nice. This kind of dress should be supplied to Krsna
- If we become accustomed to see Krsna beautifully decorated, nicely decorated, nicely dressed, then we forget other, so-called material beauty
- In His original form, the Lord dresses like a cowherd boy and thinks Himself one. When He appears as Vasudeva, the son of Vasudeva and Devaki, His dress and consciousness are those of a ksatriya, a warrior
- In one situation the great sage Narada saw Lord Krsna, the Supreme Personality of Godhead and master of mystic powers, acting as a spy by changing His usual dress in order to understand the motives of different citizens in the city and the palaces
- In Padyavali a devotee says, "Who (Krsna) is dressed in yellow garments and who has beautiful lotus-like eyes. We wish only to meditate upon Him"
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 1.8.19) Srimati Kuntidevi has explained that Krsna appears in this world nato natyadharo yatha, "exactly like an actor dressed as a player"
- In that dress He used to take care of the calves near the house, and sometimes He played with cowherd boys of about the same age
- In the Dvapara-yuga the Personality of Godhead appears in a blackish hue. He is dressed in yellow, He holds His own weapons, and He is decorated with the Kaustubha jewel and marks of Srivatsa. This is how His symptoms are described
- In the Third Canto, 2nd Chapter, 13th verse, of Srimad-Bhagavatam there is a statement about this. "The SP of Godhead, in His pleasing dress, appeared at the scene of the sacrificial arena when King Yudhisthira was performing the raja-suya sacrifice"
- In this age Krsna wore a silk dress that glittered like lightning, His head was decorated with a silk turban covered with gold lace, and in His hand He carried a stick about fifty-six inches long
- Indeed, a human being is but an imitation of His form. Krsna's dress is just like that of a cowherd boy's. He has a flute in His hand, and He seems to be just like a newly grown youth. He is always playful, and He plays just like an ordinary boy
- Inhabitants of Vrndavana say, "He (Krsna) holds His wonderful flute in His lotus hands. He is dressed in yellow silks and bedecked with a peacock feather on His head"
- Jarasandha, being very charitable toward the brahmanas, asked them (Krsna, Bhima & Arjuna) what they wanted & they expressed their desire to fight with him. Then Krsna, dressed as a brahmana, declared to be the same Krsna who was the King's eternal enemy
- Just like Krsna is dressed, similarly, His friends, cowherd boys, they are also dressed. In the spiritual world, when you go, you'll not be able to understand who is Krsna and who is not Krsna. Everyone is like Krsna
- Krsna and Balarama learned the art of dressing hair in various styles and fixing a helmet in different positions on the head
- Krsna being richly dressed, richly fed, it will be reflected on you. Krsna is not in necessity, but we should dress Krsna with the first-quality ornaments. In India, the Deities, They are given very, very valuable jewelry
- Krsna has dressed Himself in such an enchanting way, as though He had defeated all kinds of players at the chessboard. He lives wonderfully at the topmost height of artistic craftsmanship
- Krsna immediately changed His dress to look exactly like Abhimanyu and approached Abhimanyu's mother, Jatila, addressing her thus: "My dear Mother, I am your real son Abhimanyu, but just see - Krsna, dressed up like me, is coming before you!"
- Krsna is also described as a meticulous dresser and a magnanimous personality. These are generally considered to be the qualities of great personalities
- Krsna is always neat, clean and opulent and does not need to be washed, bathed or dressed, yet mother Yasoda, because of affection, considered Him her ordinary child and did her duties to keep her son brilliant
- Krsna was decorated constantly in this akalpa process. Krsna's hair was sometimes decorated with flowers placed on the middle of His head, or else reaching down to His back. In this way Krsna dressed His hair differently at different times
- Krsna was dressed in glowing garments of yellow, Balarama in blue, and They held new twigs of mango tree, peacock feathers and bunches of flowers in Their hands
- Krsna was dressed in yellowish garments, & Balarama was dressed in bluish garments. They were given all sorts of ornaments and flower garlands
- Krsna was dressed like this not only in Vrndavana but also on the battlefield of Kuruksetra. Seeing such colorful dress and the garlands of different flowers, some great sages prayed
- Krsna would be dressed by Mother Yasoda, and when she would see a boy standing at the door, she would call him
- Krsna would wear this dress when He used to go into the forest to tend the cows. Sometimes He would wrestle there with His different friends, and sometimes they would dance all together in the forest
- Krsna's youth is described as follows: "He was always nicely dressed, in beauty surpassing even Cupid, and He was always attracting the minds of the gopis, who were thereby always feeling pleasure"
- Krsna, in the dress of a young girl, told Radharani, "Oh, You hard-hearted girl! Don't You know that I am Your sister? Why are You unable to recognize Me? Be merciful upon Me and please capture My shoulders and embrace Me with love"
- Lord Krsna, Arjuna and Bhimasena were actually ksatriyas, but they dressed themselves as brahmanas, and at the time when King Jarasandha was to give charity to the brahmanas and receive them as guests, they approached him
- Lord Krsna, in the dress of a brahmana, said to the King, "We wish all glories to Your Majesty"
- May His (Krsna) glittering yellow dress and His lotus face, covered with paintings of sandalwood pulp, be the object of my (Bhismadeva) attraction, and may I not desire fruitive results
- Mother Yasoda addressed Krsna thus, "My dear son, why do Your eyes look like they have been smeared with some oxides? Have You dressed Yourself with the blue garments of Baladeva?"
- Mother Yasoda told Krsna, "You should also be cleansed and decorated with nice dress and ornaments. Please, therefore, come back, take Your bath, dress Yourself nicely, and then again You may go on playing"
- My dear friend, the luster of Krsna's body is more brilliant than that of a newly formed cloud, and His yellow dress is more attractive than newly arrived lightning
- Perspiration caused by fearfulness was exhibited by Raktak, one of the servants of Krsna. One day Krsna dressed Himself just like Abhimanyu, the husband of Radharani
- Putting flower garlands on His (Krsna) neck, dressing His hair, getting Him to lie down on the bed & assisting Him in taking His bath. Thus they (Krsna's wives) served always in every respect, especially when Krsna was eating
- Radharani replied, "My dear cunning boy (Krsna), I did not ask You about Your residence. I inquired about Your dress"
- Radharani says, "His ears are decorated with the buds of asoka flowers, and He has dressed Himself in yellow robes. By the sound of His flute, this boy has already made Me impatient"
- Seeing this exquisitely beautiful dress of Krsna, one devotee addressed his friend in this manner
- She (mother Yasoda) took Krsna by the hand, along with Balarama, and brought Them home, where she performed her duties by fully bathing Them, dressing Them and feeding Them - SB 10.11.20
- Simultaneously, the mothers (Yasoda and Rohini) rendered service and bestowed benediction upon their transcendental sons. They took care of their children by bathing Them and dressing Them very nicely
- Sometimes Krsna began to play by dressing Himself like a woman. Seeing this form, Uddhava said, "How wonderful it is that this woman is attracting my ecstatic love exactly as Lord Krsna does. I think she must be Krsna covered by the dress of a woman"
- Sometimes the devotee becomes filled with the same awe and reverence by seeing a picture of Visnu, who is dressed like Krsna and who has a similar complexion. The only difference is that Visnu has four hands
- Subala said, "My dear Krsna, You (Krsna) are very cunning. You can understand the thoughts of others; therefore I am whispering within Your ear that all these five gopis, who are most beautiful, have been attracted by Your dress"
- Suddenly, due to their feelings of separation, Lord Krsna appeared among the gopis dressed in yellow garments and wearing a flower garland. His lotus face was smiling, and He was directly attracting the mind of Cupid
- Sukadeva Gosvami tells Pariksit: "The gopis would meditate on Krsna's dressing Himself just like a dancing actor and entering the forest of Vrndavana, marking the ground with His footprints"
- That is Krsna anxiety. That is Krsna anxiety. If you become anxious how to worship Deity, how to dress Krsna nicely, how to do, if you remain, that will develop your anxiety for Krsna. Therefore Deity worship essential
- The entire body of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, is decorated. He wears a valuable jeweled helmet, necklaces and bracelets, His neck is adorned with the Kaustubha jewel, and He is dressed in yellow silk garments
- The ideal yogi concentrates his attention on Krsna, who is called Syamasundara, who is as beautifully colored as a cloud, whose lotus-like face is as effulgent as the sun, whose dress is brilliant with jewels and whose body is flower garlanded. BG 1972 p
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana do not want You dressed like a prince, nor do they want You to associate with great warriors in a different country. They cannot leave the land of Vrndavana, and without Your presence, they are all dying
- The Lord appeared like a blackish cloud. He was dressed with yellow garments, His earrings shone on His ears like lightning, and His hair spread over His shoulders. He wore a garland of flowers, and His eyes were pinkish
- The Lord's forms are proof of His inconceivable qualities. Although the Lord maintains innumerable universes within the period of His breath, He is dressed with a form exactly like that of a human being. That does not mean that He is a human being
- The luster of Krsna's body is more brilliant than that of a newly formed cloud, and His yellow dress is more attractive than newly arrived lightning
- The same gopi said, "Not only are they attracted by the dress of Krsna and Balarama, but as soon as they hear the playing of the flute, the deer, along with their husbands, offer respectful obeisances unto the Lord"
- The two transcendental brothers, Krsna and Balarama, were naturally beautiful and had beautiful complexions, and They were nicely dressed in colorful garments
- Their specific duties can be understood from a statement by Mother Yasoda, who said, 'Bakula, please cleanse the yellowish dress of Krsna. Varida, you just flavor the bathing water with aguru scent
- There is the following prayer by a devotee for the vayasyas in Vrndavana, "All glories to Krsna's vayasyas, who are just like Krsna in their age, qualities, pastimes, dress and beauty
- There was protective tilaka on His forehead, black mascara around His eyes and silk thread around His waist. These are the descriptions of Krsna's dress at the beginning of the kaumara age
- They (Krsna and Balarama) were beautifully dressed, and They were attractive to all the people assembled there. They were dressed as if They were going to act on a dramatic stage, and They drew the attention of all people
- They (the queens) fanned Him (Krsna) nicely, offered Him fragrant essential floral oil, decorated Him with flower garlands, dressed His hair, asked Him to lie down to take rest, bathed Him personally and fed Him palatable dishes
- This dress of Krsna is described as gorgeous. As a baby elephant is sometimes dressed in colorful clothing, so Krsna's gorgeousness was manifested by decoration with such colorful clothing on the different parts of His body
- Try to understand this fact. Krsna does not require your nice dress or nice flower or nice food. Krsna does not require. But if you give Him, then you become benefited. It is Krsna's favor that He's accepting
- When Akrura entered Vrndavana, he saw Krsna and Balarama engaged in supervising the milking of the cows. Krsna was dressed in yellow garments and Balarama in bluish
- When he had fixed the form of the Lord in his mind, he (the brahmana) began to imagine in his meditations that he was dressing the Lord very nicely in costly clothing, with ornaments, helmets and other paraphernalia
- When I was there I saw the Deity was nicely dressed. So continue all your programs at Bhaktivedanta Manor and Krsna will save you
- When Krsna came out of the city, Kalayavana, who had never seen Krsna before, saw Him to be extraordinarily beautiful, dressed in yellow garments
- When Krsna left the rasa-lila dance, the gopis became very morose, and when they were grieving, Krsna reappeared dressed in yellow garments. Wearing a flower garland & smiling, He was attractive even to Cupid. In this way Krsna appeared among the gopis
- When Lord Krsna appeared before Mucukunda, the King saw Him dressed in a yellow garment, His chest marked with the symbol of Srivatsa, and the Kaustubha-mani jewel hanging around His neck
- When Lord Sri Krsna saw Paundraka imitating His posture and dress, He could not check His laughter, and thus He laughed with great satisfaction
- When mother Yasoda's children, Krsna and Balarama, came home, she bathed Them very nicely and dressed Them with ornaments
- When Raktaka saw Krsna in the dress of Abhimanyu and thus mistook His identity, he began to strongly rebuke Him. As soon as Raktaka finally understood that it was Krsna in the dress of Abhimanyu, he began perspiring
- When Uddhava was describing Krsna's pastimes to Vidura, he said, "One day the gopis became stunned when Krsna, in the dress of a gardening maid, entered the greenhouse and enlivened them with joking and laughter"
- Where is Krsna, the treasure of My life? Where is the lotus-eyed one? Alas! Where is the divine ocean of all transcendental qualities? Alas! Where is the beautiful blackish youth dressed in yellow garments? Alas! Where is the hero of the rasa dance
- While discussing the transcendental vibration, they (the gopis) remembered also how Krsna dressed, decorated with a peacock feather on His head, just like a dancing actor, and with blue flowers pushed over His ear
- While fighting was going on between Arjuna and Bhisma, Bhisma's attraction was drawn by the glittering dress of Krsna, and indirectly he admired his so-called enemy Arjuna for possessing the Lord as his friend
- While Krsna was the charioteer of Arjuna, sun rays glittered on the dress of the Lord, and the beautiful hue created by the reflection of such rays was never forgotten by Bhismadeva
- While Lord Brahma looked on, all the calves and the boys tending them immediately appeared to have complexions the color of bluish rainclouds and to be dressed in yellow silken garments - SB 10.13.46
- While Mother Yasoda was dressing Krsna, he (Visala) would try to help put on Krsna's ankle bells, and Krsna would jokingly strike him with His flute