"intimate friend"|"intimate friends"
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Intimate Friends"
The following 46 pages are in this category, out of 46 total.
- A person in full Krsna consciousness is not unduly anxious about executing the duties of his existence. The foolish cannot understand this great freedom from all anxiety. For one who acts in Krsna consciousness, Lord Krsna becomes the most intimate friend
- A relative or intimate friend is always fearful of some injury to his beloved
- In order to acquire these things (apartment, house, food, friends) he has to cheat others, and this creates enmity even among the most intimate friends. Sometimes this enmity is created between the conditioned soul and the father or spiritual master
- It is not that because Krsna is Arjuna's intimate friend Arjuna is flattering Him by calling Him the Supreme Personality of Godhead, the Absolute Truth
- Kamsa said, "You (Akrura) may know also that Sambara, Narakasura and Banasura are my intimate friends, and when I begin this war against the kings who support the demigods, they will help me considerably. Surely I shall be rid of all my enemies"
- Krsna and Sridama were very intimate friends, yet Sridama, out of anger with Krsna, challenged Him. When both of them began to fight, all the friends on the bank of the Yamuna enjoyed the wonderful fighting of the two friends
- Maharaja Sibi, the King of Usinara, was an intimate friend of Maharaja Yayati, who was able to reach the heavenly planets along with Maharaja Sibi. Maharaja Sibi was aware of the heavenly planet where he was to be transferred after his death
- Maharaja Yudhisthira said: Is it that you are feeling empty for all time because you might have lost your most intimate friend, Lord Krsna? O my brother Arjuna, I can think of no other reason for your becoming so dejected
- Mr. Tom Driberg is an intimate friend of Ginsberg and he has already written to him promising all help to us. So by Grace of Krishna there you are meeting nice gentlemen, interested gentlemen, and I hope it will come very grand success
- Mukunda sang, "My dear intimate friend! What has not happened to Me! Due to the effects of the poison of love for Krsna, My body and mind have been severely afflicted"
- My dear friends, you are all My intimate friends. Now I am begging a favor of you. Please give it to Me
- One sort of friendship is with awe and veneration. Just like if you have a very rich friend, you cannot talk with him so frankly although he is so..., he is your intimate friend. But a friend in the same status, you can talk with him very freely
- Out of the many intimate priya-narmas, Subala and Ujjvala are considered to be the most prominent
- Sarvabhauma Bhattacarya said, "Damodara Svarupa is my intimate friend. He will come sometimes with You and sometimes alone"
- Since Lord Sri Ramacandra is the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vasudeva, He is not attached to anything in this material world. He is the most beloved Supersoul of all self-realized souls, and He is their very intimate friend
- Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu called Pundarika Vidyanidhi - father, and He gave him the title Premanidhi. Pundarika Vidyanidhi later became the spiritual master of Gadadhara Pandita and an intimate friend of Svarupa Damodara’s
- Sri Ramacandra Kaviraja, the son of Khandavasi Ciranjiva and Sunanda, was a disciple of Srinivasa Acarya and the most intimate friend of Narottama dasa Thakura, who prayed several times for his association. His youngest brother was Govinda Kaviraja
- Srila Jiva Gosvami has written in the beginning of his Tattva-sandarbha, - A devotee from southern India who was born of a brahmana family & was a very intimate friend of Rupa & Sanatana Gosvami has written a book that he has not compiled chronologically
- Srivasa Pandita was an incarnation of Narada Muni, and thus Srivasa’s younger brother, Srirama Pandita, is accepted as an incarnation of Parvata Muni, Narada Muni’s most intimate friend
- Statement in Srimad Bhagavatam: "How wonderful are the fortunate residents of Vrndavana, such as Nanda and the other cowherd men. The Supreme Personality of Godhead, the supreme Brahman, has actually become their intimate friend!"
- Sukadeva Gosvami said, "By this anyone can understand that these boys must have accumulated heaps of the results of pious activities to enable them to associate with the Supreme Personality of Godhead in such intimate friendship"
- The brahmana continued: My dear friend, even though you cannot immediately recognize Me, can't you remember that in the past you had a very intimate friend? Unfortunately, you gave up My company and accepted a position as enjoyer of this material world
- The description of Ujjvala, another intimate friend, is given as follows. Ujjvala always wears some garment of orange color, and the movements of his eyes are always very restless
- The husband is a very intimate friend; the wife must render service just like an intimate friend, and at the same time she must understand that the husband is superior in position
- The inhabitants of Vrndavana were well-wishers and intimate friends of the Yadu dynasty. This meeting of the two parties after long separation was a very touching incident
- The maha-bhagavata’s heart is completely freed from material contamination, and he can become very dear even to fierce animals like tigers and elephants. Indeed, the maha-bhagavata treats them as his very intimate friends
- The Personality of Godhead Ramacandra, being aggrieved for His distant intimate friend (Sita), glanced over the city of the enemy Ravana with red-hot eyes like those of Hara (who wanted to burn the kingdom of heaven)
- The personified Vedas continued, "When the mind is engaged in the devotional service of the Lord, it becomes the intimate friend of the living entity because the mind can then think of the Supreme Lord always"
- The serpent with five hoods became very weak because he had to fight alone with so many soldiers, all of whom were great warriors. Seeing that his most intimate friend was weakening, King Puranjana and his friends all became very anxious
- The talk was going on between intimate friends, namely the Hrsikesa (Krsna) and the Gudakesa (Arjuna). BG 1972 purports
- There (in Goloka Vrndavana) someone may accept Him (Krsna) as a son and sometimes bind Him to a grinding mortar. Someone else may accept Him as an intimate friend and, attaining victory over Him, playfully mount His shoulders
- There are other friends who are still more confidential. They are called priya-narma, or intimate friends. Counted among the priya-narma friends are Subala, Arjuna, Gandharva, Vasanta and Ujjvala
- There was talk among the friends of Radharani, the gopis, about these most intimate friends