improper | improperly
This category has the following 3 subcategories, out of 3 total.
Pages in category "Improper"
The following 51 pages are in this category, out of 51 total.
- All the great, learned sages present realized that although they considered the action of Lord Balarama improper, the Lord was immediately able to compensate with greater profits
- Although born of a brahmana family, this rascal, bereft of intelligence because of the prostitute's association, earned money somehow or other, regardless of whether properly or improperly, and used it to maintain the prostitute's sons and daughters
- Although Lord Siva sometimes very liberally gives such benedictions to his devotees, the difficulty is that the demons, being very cunning, sometimes want to experiment improperly with such benedictions
- Although the great sages could subdue the disturbance by their powers - just as they could kill the King - they considered it improper on their part to do so. Thus they did not attempt to stop the disturbance
- Anyone who deviates from his prescribed duty and declares another's duty to be his own is following a foul and improper duty
- As far as the urges of the genitals are concerned, there are two - proper and improper, or legal and illicit sex
- As such, it is not improper to conclude that the living entities appearing within this material world in different shapes, such as human beings, demigods, animals, birds and beasts, all get their respective bodies due to different desires
- Balarama said, "Every statement they (Kurus) made was full of crazy proposals. I should immediately take them to task and bring them to their senses. If I do not take steps against them, it will be improper on My part"
- Balarama said, "King Ugrasena knows very well that you warriors of the Kuru dynasty improperly fought with the pious Samba, who was alone, and that with great difficulty and unrighteous tactics you have arrested him"
- Balarama said, "We have all heard this news (Bhismadeva, Dhrtarastra, Dronacarya, Duryodhana and Bahlika faught with Samba improperly), but we are not very much agitated because we are most intimately related to one another"
- By rajo-guna everything material is created, by sattva-guna everything material is maintained properly, and by tamo-guna, when the creation is improperly situated, everything is destroyed
- By recitation of the hymns of the Vedas in the proper way, certainly the performer gets relief from the reactions of sins, but in case of such sacrifices improperly done under inexpert management, surely one has to become responsible for animal sacrifice
- By such improper study or hearing of Bhagavatam, the material opportunists have played havoc by indulgence in sex life in the name of Bhagavatam
- Charity performed at an improper place and time and given to unworthy persons without respect and with contempt is charity in the mode of ignorance. BG 17.22 - 1972
- Charity performed at an impure place, at an improper time, to unworthy persons, or without proper attention and respect is said to be in the mode of ignorance
- If one thinks that Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the only perfect personality whereas the demigods, even demigods as Siva, are inclined to improper social affairs, he is an offender. Citraketu was somewhat harsh in his behavior with Siva
- If one thinks that Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the only perfect personality whereas the demigods, even such demigods as Lord Siva, are inclined to improper social affairs, he is an offender
- If one who is eager for devotional service utters the holy name even partially or improperly, the holy name, which is identical with the Supreme Personality of Godhead, exhibits its spiritual potency because of that person's offenseless utterance
- Independence implies that one can use it properly or improperly. It is not static; it is dynamic. Therefore, misuse of independence is the cause of being influenced by maya
- Instead of doing so, i.e. converting the actions of the senses, the impersonalists began to make the conditioned souls sense-less, and the Lord also senseless. That is improper treatment for the conditioned souls
- Instead of giving more importance to the better type of engagement, namely, devotional service to the Lord, he (Vyasadeva) had more or less improperly used his valuable time, and thus he was despondent
- Krsna is explaining about the demonic nature. The first characteristic of demonic nature is they do not know what should be the pravrtti and what should be nivrtti, proper and improper action
- Krsna is the supreme proprietor. So when everything is used for the fulfillment of the will of the proprietor, that is proper use. Otherwise improper use
- The best thing is that they should be educated to become gentlemen. Keep guns, but they may not improperly use them
- The fighting was conducted in the ksatriya spirit, so all together (Karna, Sala, Bhuri, Yajnaketu, Duryodhana and Bhismadeva), although it was improper, they obliged Samba to get down from his chariot, now broken to pieces
- The great sage Narada immediately carried the news to the Yadu dynasty that Samba had been arrested and told them the whole story. The members of the Yadu dynasty became very angry at Samba's being arrested, and improperly so by six warriors
- The idea is that any man may be given the chance to become a brahmana, but if he improperly uses the position of a brahmana without actual realization, then his elevation to the brahminical position is not valid
- The instructions of Bhagavad-gita are open to everyone, but some people understand them properly, whereas others understand them so improperly that they cannot even believe in the existence of Krsna, although reading Krsna's book
- The letters of the holy name have so much spiritual potency that they act even when uttered improperly
- The Lord (Balarama) replied, "Yes, I must atone for this action, which may have been proper for Me but is improper for others; therefore, I think it is My duty to execute a suitable act of atonement enjoined in the authorized scriptures"
- The offenses in Deity worship are: (bb) to sit with one's back toward the Deity, (cc) to offer obeisances to someone else in front of the Deity, (dd) not to chant proper prayers when offering obeisances to the spiritual master
- The pious King (Pariksit) regretted his accidental improper treatment of the powerful brahmana (Samika Rsi) who was faultless. Such repentance is natural for a good man like the King and it delivers a devotee from all kinds of sins accidentally committed
- The sages said, "He (Romaharsana) was seated on the vyasasana by our (sages) election, and when one is seated on the vyasasana, it is improper for him to stand up to receive a person"
- The scientists can falsely, improperly declare that there is no God, but this is not a fact
- The son of Dronacarya, who made use of this subtle science, did not know how to retract. He applied it, being afraid of his imminent death, and thus the practice was not only improper but also irreligious
- There are prescribed duties for everyone, such as the brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya and sudra, but anyone who deviates from his prescribed duty and declares another's duty to be his own is following a foul and improper duty
- They (so-called educated men) use their lives improperly and simply waste them thinking about the material welfare of their relatives, countrymen, society and so on
- This is the only process recommended for relief from sinful reactions. Even if one chants the holy name of the Lord with improper pronunciation, he will achieve relief from material bondage if he chants without offenses
- This statement by Lord Balarama definitely confirms that the Supreme Personality of Godhead is free to act in any way. Although His killing of Romaharsana Suta may be considered improper, He could immediately counteract it with greater profit to all
- We Kurus, can't allow them (the Yadus) to do any more of these things, nor shall we allow them to use these royal insignias. Best to take all these things away; it is improper to feed a snake with milk, since merciful activities simply increase his venom
- When the mind becomes unattached to material enjoyment, it becomes the cause of liberation. When the flame in a lamp burns the wick improperly the lamp is blackened, but when the lamp is filled with ghee & is burning properly, there's bright illumination
- Without the Lord's relation, worship of the demigods is unauthorized (avidhi-purvakam), just as it is improper to water the leaves and branches of a tree without watering its root. Therefore the demigods are also dependent on Narayana