hearted | heartedly | heartedness
- Vedabase query:hearted or heartedly or heartedness not "pure-hearted" not "pure in heart" not "pure heart" not "pure hearts" not "pure unalloyed heart" not "pure at heart" not "pure in his heart" not "pure at heart"
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Hearted"
The following 37 pages are in this category, out of 37 total.
- Aggrieved by her husband's behavior with another, the she-goat thought that the he-goat was not actually her friend but was hardhearted and was her friend only for the time being. Therefore, because her husband was lusty, she left him
- As soon as soft-hearted people such as women hear those transcendental pastimes of Lord Krsna, they immediately become attracted to Him. Soft-hearted women and girls are therefore very easily drawn to the Krsna consciousness movement
- Daksa is described here (in SB 4.4.30) as most hardhearted and therefore unqualified to be a brahmana. Brahma-dhruk is described by some commentators to mean brahma-bandhu, or friend of the brahmanas
- Daksa was so hardhearted that he was unworthy to be called an Aryan or brahmana. Thus his ill fame still continues. Daksa means "expert," and he was given this name because of his ability to beget many hundreds and thousands of children
- Having said this (please be merciful to such a poor-hearted person as me, since both of you are saintly persons. Please excuse my atrocities), Kamsa fell at the feet of Vasudeva and Devaki, his eyes full of tears of regret - SB 10.4.23
- He (Arjuna) did not consider how much the other party was bent upon fighting. All these symptoms are due to softheartedness resulting from his being a great devotee of the Lord. BG 1972 purports
- I am so pleased to know that your efforts at placing our books in the local libraries is successful and it is especially heartening to learn that they already have got our books on their shelves
- I understand from Kirtanananda Maharaja that there is a nice scheme for travelling sankirtana party. So I think that your joining them will be super-excellent scheme and I have my full hearted sanction for your joining the party if you like
- If a person does not cry or exhibit bodily changes after chanting the holy name of God without offense, it is to be understood that he is hardhearted and that therefore his heart does not change even after he chants the holy name of God, Hare Krsna
- If it is asked, “Why don’t the householders go to a saintly person or a brahmana for enlightenment?” the answer is that householders are very poor-hearted"
- If one is stone-hearted, then Krsna will stand as stone forever. But if one is soften-hearted by chanting Hare Krsna mantra, then he'll talk with Krsna. That is the difference
- In spite of his being so stronghearted, he (Daksa) was perturbed when he saw the various disturbances created by the gigantic black demon
- In the Tenth Canto of Srimad-Bhagavatam, Chapter Six, verse 43, it is stated, When magnanimous, broad-hearted Nanda Maharaja came back from a tour, he immediately took his son Krsna on his lap and experienced transcendental bliss by smelling His head
- Nabhaga was very simple hearted
- Nabhaga was very simple hearted. Therefore when he went to his father, the father, in compassion for his son, suggested that as a means of livelihood Nabhaga could go to the descendants of Angira and take advantage of their misgivings in performing yajna
- Nimai Pandita was naturally a soft-hearted person, though strong in his principles
- O my lord, O great devotee, persons like you (Gargamuni) move from one place to another not for their own interests but for the sake of poor-hearted grhasthas (householders). Otherwise they have no interest in going from one place to another - SB 10.8.4
- Our heart is filled up with all dirty things, adharma. And it is very difficult to purify the heart, but it is possible, tad api. Even the hard-hearted, stone-hearted, rajo-guna, tamo-guna, can be melted, can be reformed
- Our life membership program has been very successful here in India and we want to initiate this program whole-heartedly in all our centers. So you should certainly try to make life members also
- Persons who are desirous of becoming great personalities must be decorated with the following qualities: strength, memory, independence, tactfulness, luster, patience, kind-heartedness, ingenuity, gentility, mannerliness and determination
- Prasuti, being a softhearted woman, could immediately understand that the imminent danger approaching was due to the impious activity of hardhearted Prajapati Daksa
- So he (the brahmana) was not at all sorry for his poor material position, and he used to live very peacefully. He was very openhearted, and sometimes he went to hear some lectures delivered by great realized souls
- Srimati Radharani is a tenderhearted feminine counterpart of the supreme whole, resembling the perfectional stage of the worldly feminine nature
- Such nondevotees are not actually melted; they are hard-hearted. But the influence of the glories of the Lord is so great that even the nondevotees sometimes shed tears
- The process of bhakti-yoga can be executed successfully with full-hearted enthusiasm, perseverance, and determination by following the prescribed duties in the association of devotees and by engaging completely in activities of goodness. BG 1972 purports
- The same queen said, "But I cannot accept your entreaty to go to Syamasundara. When He does not care for me, why should I be mad after Him? I am very sorry to let you know that you have become the messenger of a poor-hearted soul"
- Those so-called yogis who, although engaged in meditation, are not broad hearted cannot find the four-handed Narayana form, even though He is seated within their heart