harsh | harshly | harshness
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
- ► Drastic (4 P)
- ► Unkind (7 C, 25 P)
Pages in category "Harsh"
The following 32 pages are in this category, out of 32 total.
- Although they (the gopis) were depressed by the words of Krsna, they did not like to use harsh words against Him. Yet they wanted to rebuke Krsna for His unkind words, and therefore they began to speak in faltering voices
- Apparently it was never expected that the King (Prataparudra) wanted to see the Lord at His place, but by way of being externally harsh, the Lord indicated that if all the devotees so desired, He would go to Kataka to see the King
- Arrogance, pride, anger, conceit, harshness and ignorance - these qualities belong to those of demonic nature, O son of Prtha. BG 16.4 - 1972
- He (Arjuna) was considering whether respectable persons such as Bhisma and Drona should be killed or not, so he was not acting under the influence of anger, false prestige, or harshness. BG 1972 purports
- Hearing all these statements, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu's mind was certainly softened, but externally He wished to speak some harsh words
- His eyes became red, and he prepared to curse Daksa and all the brahmanas present there who had tolerated Daksa's cursing Siva in harsh words
- How wonderful are the powerful ksatriyas. They cannot tolerate even a slight infringement upon their prestige. Just imagine! This boy is only a small child, yet harsh words from his stepmother proved unbearable to him.
- If one thinks that Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, is the only perfect personality whereas the demigods, even demigods as Siva, are inclined to improper social affairs, he is an offender. Citraketu was somewhat harsh in his behavior with Siva
- It is general etiquette that superiors are not to be offered even a verbal fight. Even if they are sometimes harsh in behavior, they should not be harshly treated. Then, how is it possible for Arjuna to counterattack them? BG 1972 purports
- On the other hand, they captivate My heart who are gladdened in heart and who, their lotus faces enlightened by nectarean smiles, respect the brahmanas, even though the brahmanas utter harsh words
- Over trifles they (the demoniac) become very angry and speak harshly, not gently. They do not know what should be done and what should not be done. BG 1972 purports
- Rebuking Indra with harsh, cruel words that were piercing to the heart, these demons showered him with arrows, just as torrents of rain wash a great mountain
- Rupa Gosvami states that when the gopis hear the sound of Krsna's flute, they immediately forget all rebukes offered by the elderly members of their families. They forget their defamation and the harsh behavior of their husbands
- The descendants of Vrsni and Bhoja were not expected to forget themselves in this way, but by the will of the Supreme it happened, and thus they became harsh towards one another
- The offenses in Deity worship are: (q) to show someone favor before the Deity, (r) to use harsh words before the Deity, (s) to wear a woolen blanket before the Deity, (t) to blaspheme someone before the Deity, (u) to worship someone else before the Deity
- The sons of Kuvera, when cursed by the great sage Narada, did not seek revenge in the same harsh way, but submitted
- This godless civilization means people have lost even common sense. Even common sense. Otherwise, you may, if you use in a harsh word, that they have become fools and rascals, that's all. They have lost their common sense
- Wandering in the forest of the material world, the conditioned soul sometimes hears an invisible cricket making harsh sounds, and his ears become very much aggrieved
- When Daksa cursed Lord Siva in harsh words, some of the brahmanas present might have enjoyed it because some brahmanas do not very much admire Lord Siva
- When Jaya and Vijaya were cursed by the four Kumaras, they did not become harsh towards them; rather, they submitted. That should be the way of treating brahmanas and Vaisnavas
- When Krsna entered the cave of the hill, Kalayavana followed, chastising Him with various harsh words. Krsna suddenly disappeared from the demon's sight, but Kalayavana followed and also entered the cave