God and Treta-yuga
Pages in category "God and Treta-yuga"
The following 5 pages are in this category, out of 5 total.
- In the month of Caitra on the ninth day of the growing moon in the Treta-yuga, the Lord appeared, as usual, to establish the principles of religion and to annihilate the disturbing elements
- In Treta-yuga, the Lord appeared in a body that had a reddish hue and four arms. There were three distinctive lines on His abdomen, and His hair was golden
- Lord Visnu is called tri-yuga. He appears in three yugas-Satya, Treta and Dvapara - but in Kali-yuga He does not appear
- The entire Vedic civilization aims at satisfying the Supreme Personality of Godhead. This was possible in Satya-yuga by meditation upon the Supreme Lord within the core of one's heart and in Treta-yuga by the performance of costly yajnas
- The Lord is addressed in this verse (SB 3.16.22) as tri-yuga, or one who appears in three millenniums - namely the Satya, Dvapara and Treta yugas. He is not mentioned as appearing in the fourth millennium, or Kali-yuga