Pages in category "God's Telling"
The following 16 pages are in this category, out of 16 total.
- Having accepted the order of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, she (Yogamaya) circumambulated Him and started for the place on earth known as Nanda-gokula. There she did everything just as she had been told - SB 10.2.14
- How many common men have written their autobiographies, and how enthusiastically we have read and accepted them. But when the Personality of Godhead Himself tells about Himself, we cannot take it as it is. This is nothing but our misfortune
- In Srimad-Bhagavatam Lord Kapiladeva told His mother that the living entity gets a particular type of body in accordance with his work and that this body is decided upon by higher authorities
- In this verse (SB 5.5.1) Lord Rsabhadeva tells His sons about the importance of human life. The word deha-bhak refers to anyone who accepts a material body, but the living entity who is awarded the human form must act differently from animals
- It is said by the Lord: yasyaham anugrhnami harisye tad-dhanam sanaih. The Lord told Yudhisthira Maharaja that His special favor is shown to His devotee when He takes away all the devotee's material opulences
- The devotees are told by the Lord and His representatives, the spiritual masters or acaryas, that not one of the planets within all the innumerable universes is suitable for the residential purposes of a devotee
- The Lord told Daksa in this verse (SB 6.4.52), "This girl is offered to you only for sex life to beget children, not for any other purpose. She is very fertile, and therefore you will be able to have as many children as you can beget
- The Supersoul in the heart of the thief dictates, "Go and steal things from that particular house," at the same time the Lord tells the householder, "Now be careful of thieves and burglars." These instructions to different persons appear contradictory