Subcategories Pages in category
This category has the following 6 subcategories, out of 6 total.
Pages in category "God's Becoming"
The following 43 pages are in this category, out of 43 total.
- A living entity in the liberated position of transcendental service to God becomes attracted to one of the mellows, and when one is engaged in transcendental loving service to God one's service attachment in the material world is automatically vanquished
- After creating different species of life, He (the Lord) has no connection with them. The creation takes place to accommodate the inclinations of the various living entities, and so the Lord does not become involved with it. BG 1972 purports
- Although the Lord is the transcendental personification of the Vedic hymns, He has become more beautiful because of His (Varahadeva's) appearance to sustain the earth
- Anasuya, the wife of Rsi Atri, prayed before the Lords Brahma, Visnu and Siva as follows: "My lords, if you are pleased with me, and if you desire me to ask from you some sort of blessings, then I pray that you combine together to become my son"
- As soon as a devotee wants the Supreme Personality of Godhead to be his order supplier, the Lord immediately refuses to become the master of such a motivated devotee
- As stated in Bhagavad-gita, the Lord descends on the earth by His own internal potency, and therefore there is no question of His becoming materially contaminated, changed or otherwise affected by the modes of material nature
- As the incarnation of Manu, the Lord became the descendant of the Manu dynasty and ruled over the miscreant kingly order, subduing them by His powerful wheel weapon
- Bali Maharaja was very glad to receive the Lord's remaining step upon his head, and thus Bali Maharaja, instead of losing everything he possessed, was blessed by the Lord's becoming his constant companion and doorman
- Becoming very angry at Romaharsana, Balarama declared from His seat, "This man, Romaharsana, is so impudent that he has accepted a higher seat than that of all the respectable brahmanas present here, although he was born in a degraded pratiloma family"
- Brahma was generated from rajo-guna of prakrti, or the mode of passion in nature, and Visnu became the Lord of the mode of goodness
- He (God) lives everywhere - in the houses of the poor and those of the rich - but in all circumstances He remains Narayana; to think that He becomes either poor or rich is a material calculation
- He therefore became angry, moving His eyebrows and thus frightening the ocean, who then allowed the Lord to construct a bridge to cross the ocean
- Hiranyakasipu was very much afraid of Visnu's becoming an animal to kill him because his brother had been killed by Visnu when the Lord took the shape of a boar. He was therefore very careful to guard against all kinds of animals
- His (Brahma's) power is like the power of the sun reflected in valuable stones and jewels. When there is no such living being to take charge of the post of Brahma, the Lord Himself becomes a Brahma and takes charge of the post
- I request that for the time being You (Visnu) become invisible to our material eyes - Devaki expressed her motherly affection to God while praying
- If a devotee approaches the Supreme Personality of Godhead for an immoral or improper purpose, he nonetheless becomes purified; the Lord does not become infected
- If a living entity is God, then how can he become bewildered by nescience? Does God become bewildered by nescience? If so, then nescience, or Satan, is greater than God. Real knowledge can be obtained from a person who is in perfect KC. BG 1972 purports
- If in a kalpa a suitable living entity is not available to take charge of Brahma's post, the Supreme Personality of Godhead Himself personally expands and becomes Lord Brahma
- In each creation, the living entities are given a chance to close their business as conditioned souls. When they misuse this opportunity and do not go back home, back to Godhead, Lord Sankarsana becomes angry
- In other appearances also - the Lord said - I took the form of an ordinary child just to become your (Vasudeva and Devaki's) son so that we could reciprocate eternal love
- In the Chandogya Upanisad (6.2.3), it is said, tad aiksata bahu syam prajayeya. This statement confirms the fact that when the SP of Godhead wishes to become many, the cosmic manifestation arises simply by His glancing over material energy
- In the fourth incarnation, the Lord became Nara and Narayana, the twin sons of the wife of King Dharma. Thus He undertook severe and exemplary penances to control the senses
- In this regard (various names of the demigods, Brahma, Siva, Indra & so on are not personal names; they are names of different posts), we understand that Lord Visnu sometimes becomes Brahma or Indra when there is no suitable person to occupy these posts
- The Lord assumed the shape of a boar to kill the demon Hiranyaksa and pick up the earth from the Garbha Ocean. Thus He became adi-sukara, the original boar
- The Lord became Bali Maharaja's doorkeeper not because of his giving everything to the Lord, but because of his exalted position as a lover of the Lord
- The Lord Himself at that time became Indra. Assisted by His own sons like Yama and other demigods, Lord Yajna ruled the administration of the universal affairs
- The Lord in His tortoise incarnation became the pivot for the churning rod, and thus His ornaments were polished by the turning of Mandara Hill
- The moon and sun were always alert in regard to Rahu. When Rahu entered the assembly of the demigods, the moon and sun immediately detected him, and then the Supreme Personality of Godhead also became aware of him
- The Personality of Godhead becomes ever glorified. He also exacted a share from the sacrifices, and it is he only who inaugurated the medical science or the knowledge of medicine in the universe
- The troubles of penance accepted by Lord Brahma were certainly in the line of devotional service (bhakti). Otherwise there was no chance that Vaikuntha or svalokam, the Lord's personal abodes, would become visible to Brahmaji
- They (Mayavadis) further say that God is imaginary, that people think of God only because of ignorance, and that when the Supreme Absolute Truth is befooled by the external energy, maya, He becomes a jiva, or living entity
- This (CC Madhya 20.306) is a quotation from Srimad-Bhagavatam (SB 10.68.37). When the Kauravas flattered Baladeva so that He would become their ally and spoke ill of Sri Krsna, Lord Baladeva became angry and spoke this verse
- To worship the Deity with the sixty-four items mentioned may be a difficult job, but the Lord has become so small that anyone in any temple can carefully handle Deity worship simply by performing the same activities with the salagrama-sila
- When the intelligence of the gigantic form separately became manifest, Brahma, the lord of the Vedas, entered into it with the partial power of understanding, and thus an object of understanding is experienced by the living entities
- With our present materialized senses we cannot perceive anything of the transcendental Lord. Our present senses are to be rectified by the process of devotional service, and then the Lord Himself becomes revealed to us