Gaya - the place
Pages in category "Gaya - the place"
The following 20 pages are in this category, out of 20 total.
- He (Lord Balarama) also took His bath there and performed the Vedic ritualistic ceremonies. He continued His travels and gradually came to the pilgrimage city of Gaya, where there is a celebrated Visnu temple
- Hundreds & thousands of men gather in Gaya daily to offer oblations, or sraddha. Following this principle (offering oblations for relatives), Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu also went there to offer pinda to His dead father. Fortunately He met Isvara Puri there
- In Gaya, Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu was initiated by Isvara Puri, and immediately afterwards He exhibited signs of love of Godhead. He again displayed such symptoms after returning home
- In Vedic society, after the death of a relative, especially one's father or mother, one must go to Gaya and there offer oblations to the lotus feet of Lord Visnu
- In Vedic society, after the death of a relative, especially one’s father or mother, one must go to Gaya and there offer oblations to the lotus feet of Lord Visnu
- India has many holy places of pilgrimage, such as Gaya, Benares, Mathura, Prayaga, Vrndavana, Haridvara, Ramesvaram and Jagannatha Puri, and still people go there by the hundreds and thousands
- It is the duty of family members, especially the son, to offer oblations to the demigod Aryama or to Visnu. From time immemorial in India the son of a dead man goes to Gaya & at a Visnu temple there, offers oblations for the benefit of his ghostly father
- The performance of sraddha, or offering oblations with prasada, is still current in India, especially at Gaya, where oblations are offered at the lotus feet of Visnu in a celebrated temple
- The sacred lakes like Puskara and places where saintly persons live, like Kuruksetra, Gaya, Prayaga, Pulahasrama, Naimisaranya, the banks of the Phalgu River, Setubandha, Prabhasa, Dvaraka - all of these are to be considered most pious and sacred
- Thereafter the Lord went to Gaya. There He met Srila Isvara Puri
- When Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu returned from Gaya, Mukunda Datta gave Him pleasure by reciting verses from Srimad-Bhagavatam about krsna-lila
- When Lord Caitanya returned from Gaya after initiation, He stayed with Suklambara Brahmacari because He wanted to hear from this devotee about the pastimes of Lord Krsna
- When Lord Caitanya went to Gaya, accompanied by many of His disciples, He became sick on the way. He had such a high fever that He asked His students to bring water that had washed the feet of brahmanas, and when they brought it God drank it & was cured