Four Regulative Principles - videos
Pages in category "Four Regulative Principles - videos"
The following 31 pages are in this category, out of 31 total.
- Base quality means kama, lusty desires, and greediness. In material world, generally they are under these base quality, means always filled up with lusty desires & not satisfied, greedy. So when we conquer over these base qualities, then we become happy
- Bhakti means realization of God consciousness. And the symptom of God consciousness is that he is averse to all material activities. He has no interest
- Bhaktih paresanubhavo viraktir anyatra syat. This is the test of bhakti. If one has entered the domain of devotional service, this material world will be not at all tasteful for him. Virakti. No more
- I would have collected millions of dollars if I would have cheated like that. But I do not want that. I want one student who follows my instruction. I don't want millions
- If somebody comes, "Swamiji, initiate me." I immediately say that "You have to follow these four principles," and he goes away
- If we study all these books, to finish them it will take at least twenty-five years. So you are all young men. I request you to engage your time in reading books, in chanting, in Deity worshiping, in going to preach, selling books. Don't be lazy
- If you simply follow these four principles, then you become immediately uncontaminated
- Initiation means beginning of the activities
- It is not that one has to become very learned scholar to become a preacher. Simply it requires enthusiasm, "My Lord is so great, so kind, so beautiful, so wonderful. So I must speak something about my Lord"
- It is not that the previous acaryas and others, they did not know what is airplane, what is speed, how to run. Don't think foolishly, as if they have manufactured. It is nothing, not even third-, not even fourth-class, tenth-class
- Sleeping is not good. The Gosvamis used to sleep only two hours. I also write at night book, and I also sleep, not more than three hours. But I take sometimes little, sleep more
- So long we'll continue this propensity of sense enjoyment, you'll have to accept body. That is birth and death. So long. Therefore, the process should be how to make zero all these propensities. That is perfection. Not to enhance it
- So this civilization, modern civilization, is just like madman civilization. They have no knowledge of past life, neither they are interested in the future life
- The so-called educational system, all over the world, there is no such education. They are kept in darkness and ignorance and still so much money is being spent, especially in the Western countries
- The whole world is infected with the maya's influence, and this Krsna consciousness movement, Hare Krsna mantra, is disinfectant. It is sure
- This initiation by the grace of guru and Krsna, do not take it very leniently. Take it very seriously. It is a great opportunity
- This initiation means the third stage of Krsna consciousness. Those who are being initiated, they should remember that they have to follow the rules and regulations
- To make the whole human society happy, this God consciousness movement must spread
- Unfortunately, the modern civilization, they do not know what is vimoksaya. They're so blind. They do not know that there is some position which is called vimoksaya. They do not know. They do not know what is next life
- Unless we take care of the books and preach and read ourself, understand the philosophy, this Hare Krsna will be finished within few years
- Unless you change the society, how you can make social welfare? If you keep them as it is, then where is the question of welfare?
- You cannot expect any happiness guided by the fourth-class men. That is not possible. Therefore throughout the whole world there is chaotic condition. Nobody is happy. So this is essential that the human society must be divided into four divisions
- You don't find all these things in our Society. We don't drink Coca-cola. We don't drink Pepsi-cola. We don't smoke. So many things which are selling in the market in huge quantity by advertisement, by victimizing the poor customer