foresee | foreseeing | foreseen | foreseer
This category has the following 2 subcategories, out of 2 total.
Pages in category "Foresee"
The following 22 pages are in this category, out of 22 total.
- Amongst all the Vaikunthalokas, there is one supreme loka called Goloka Vrndavana, which is the abode of Krsna and His specific associates. Pariksit was destined to achieve this particular loka, and the great rsis assembled there could foresee this
- As far as his (Arjuna's) soldiers were concerned, he was sympathetic from the beginning, but he felt compassion even for the soldiers of the opposite party, foreseeing their imminent death. BG 1972 purports
- During the Battle of Kuruksetra, he (Karna) foresaw the conclusive result, and he expressed his opinion that due to Lord Krsna's being the chariot driver of Arjuna, the battle should be won by Arjuna
- Duryodhana was exactly like blind, troubling eyes; he would be a source of great trouble to the family of Dhrtarastra, as foreseen by Vidura
- Foreseeing disturbances, she (mother Yasoda) called for the brahmanas to counteract this heaviness (of Krsna), and then she engaged in her other household affairs - SB 10.7.19
- Foreseeing the bad effects of their presenting Vedanta philosophy in a perverted way, Srila Vyasadeva compiled Srimad-Bhagavatam as a commentary on the Vedanta-sutra
- Foreseeing the degraded condition of Kali-yuga, Lord Krsna hardly discusses varnasrama religion in the Bhagavad-gita and instead stresses the performance of work as sacrifice
- Foreseeing the incompetencies of the people in this age of Kali, or the iron age of quarrel, the sages requested that Suta Gosvami give a summary of all revealed scriptures because the people of this age are condemned in every respect
- Nanda Maharaja and the other gopas exclaimed: My dear friends, you must know that Anakadundubhi, Vasudeva, has become a great saint or a master of mystic power. Otherwise how could he have foreseen this calamity and predicted it to us? - SB 10.6.32
- Nanda Maharaja, of course, was very much obliged to Vasudeva, who had foreseen the incident (of Putana trying to kill Krsna), and simply thanked him, thinking how wonderful Vasudeva was - SB 10.6.42
- The devotees of the Lord are always anxious for the spiritual improvement of the general public. When the sages of Naimisaranya analyzed the state of affairs of the people in this age of Kali, they foresaw that men would live short lives
- The forbidden time for sexual intercourse would be noted by Lord Siva, and Diti would meet with proper punishment by giving birth to a child of ghostly character or a godless impersonalist. Kasyapa foresaw this, and thus he warned his wife Diti
- The Personality of Godhead, Lord Sri Krsna, after foreseeing the end (of His family) by His internal potency, went to the bank of the River Sarasvati, sipped water, and sat down underneath a tree
- This is especially true for boys; if the mother is not good, there cannot be good sons. The learned Kasyapa could foresee the character of the sons who would be born of the condemned womb of Diti
- To pacify the mourning Yudhisthira, Narada first of all spoke from the philosophical point of view, and then he began to describe the future movements of his uncle, which he could see by his foreseeing powers, and thus began to describe as follows