forbear | forbearance | forbearing | forebearing
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Forbearing"
The following 21 pages are in this category, out of 21 total.
- A person who is very peaceful, forbearing, considerate and obliging is called dhira-prasanta. This dhira-prasanta trait of Krsna was exhibited in His dealings with the Pandavas
- A person who tolerates all kinds of troubles, even though such troubles appear to be unbearable, is called forbearing
- According to Bhagavad-gita there are eighteen items in culturing knowledge. By such culture of knowledge one becomes gradually prideless, devoid of vanity, nonviolent, forbearing, simple, devoted to the great spiritual master, and self-controlled
- Brahmanas are generally very softhearted and forbearing because they have the power to control the senses and the mind. Daksa, however, was not forbearing
- Brahminical culture includes truthfulness, sense control, forbearance, simplicity, full knowledge and full faith in God. It is not that one simply becomes proud of his high parentage
- By brahminical culture, the development of the dormant qualities of goodness, namely truthfulness, equanimity, sense control, forbearance, simplicity, general knowledge, transcendental knowledge, and firm faith in the Vedic wisdom
- By strict adherence to prescribed principles for all orders of social life, one can attain the qualities of truthfulness, control the mind, control the senses, forbearance, etc., & can be elevated to the plane of rendering pure devotional service to God
- By such culture of knowledge one becomes gradually prideless, devoid of vanity, nonviolent, forbearing, simple, devoted to the great spiritual master, and self-controlled
- The great sage Visvamitra saw that Maharaja Hariscandra, along with his wife, was truthful, forbearing and concerned with the essence. Thus he gave them imperishable knowledge for fulfillment of the human mission
- The queens continued, "We think you have been attacked by insomnia, or, if we are not wrong, our dear Syamasundara has tactfully taken away your gravity and power of forbearance, which are your natural qualifications"
- The Supreme Lord is very favorable towards all activities performed according to brahminical culture, or the qualities of control of the senses and mind, cleanliness, forbearance, faith in scripture, and practical and theoretical knowledge
- The thirty-three vyabhicari-bhavas, bodily symptoms manifest in ecstatic love, are as follows: (23) mati, attention; (24) dhrti, forbearance; (25) harsa, jubilation; (26) autsukya, eagerness; (27) augrya, violence and (28) amarsa, anger
- This child (Pariksit) will be as strong as a lion, and as worthy a shelter as the Himalaya Mountains. He will be forbearing like the earth, and as tolerant as parents
- Vidura said: You (Dhrtarastra) must now return the legitimate share to Yudhisthira, who has no enemies and who has been forbearing through untold sufferings due to your offenses
- Vidura said: You must now return the legitimate share to Yudhisthira, who has no enemies and who has been forbearing through untold sufferings due to your offenses