ferocious | ferociously
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Ferocious"
The following 45 pages are in this category, out of 45 total.
- Balabhit, Lord Indra, upon seeing this situation of his ferocious rivals, became extremely angry
- Birth after birth, such asuras go still further down, finally to animal forms like those of tigers or similar ferocious beasts. Thus for millions of years they have to remain in darkness without knowledge of Krsna
- Brahma could appreciate the transcendental land of Vrndavana, where all the living entities are transcendental to ordinary nature. In the forest of Vrndavana, even ferocious animals like tigers live peacefully along with the deer and human beings
- Ferocious animals like tigers transformed a lion into a calf, and thus they were able to get flesh for milk. The birds made a calf out of Garuda and took milk from the planet earth in the form of moving insects and nonmoving plants and grasses
- From these instructions intelligent men can understand that the senses of a person in the bodily conception are like rogues and thieves in that forest, and one's wife and children are like jackals and other ferocious animals
- Krsna said, "At this time all the ferocious jungle animals - the tigers, bears, jackals and wolves - are prowling in the forest. Therefore it is very dangerous for you (the gopis). You cannot select a secure place now"
- Ksatriya kings are sometimes advised to go to the forest to hunt ferocious animals just to learn how to kill, but such forays are never meant for sense gratification. Killing animals to eat their flesh is forbidden for human beings
- Let me offer my obeisances unto the angry Lord Siva, who is simultaneously the very ferocious great demigod and the fulfiller of all material desires. He is all-auspicious and forgiving, but his anger can immediately move him to chastise
- Like tigers, jackals and other ferocious animals in a forest that are ready to take away a lamb from the custody of its protector, the wife and children enter the heart of the merchant and plunder him in so many ways
- Of the many animals, the lion is the most powerful and ferocious, and of the million varieties of birds, Garuda, the bearer of Lord Visnu, is the greatest
- One who (a sannyasi) prefers living in great mountains, even among ferocious animals, to attain the summit of philosophical speculation (understanding that the essence of this material world is useless) is called Parvata
- Satya said, "My father arranged for an assembly for my svayamvara, and to test the strength and heroism of the prospective bridegrooms, he stipulated that they each fight with his seven ferocious bulls, which had long, sharp horns"
- Simply by catching scent of that elephant, all the other elephants, the tigers and the other ferocious animals, such as lions, rhinoceroses, great serpents and black and white sarabhas, fled in fear. The camari deer also fled
- Some of the dead animals that were fit to be offered in sacrifices were carried by servants and sent to King Yudhisthira. The ferocious animals, such as tigers and rhinoceroses, were killed only to stop disturbances in the forest
- The hair that dropped from that body (the body of Lord Brahma, that he gave up) transformed into snakes, and even while the body crawled along with its hands and feet contracted, there sprang from it ferocious serpents and Nagas
- The industries, they are mentioned in the Bhagavad-gita as ugra-karma. Ugra-karma means ferocious activities
- The Personality of Godhead replied: My dear Lord Brahma, O great lord born from the lotus flower, just as it is dangerous to feed milk to a snake, so it is dangerous to give benedictions to demons, who are by nature ferocious and jealous
- The rabbit, when he's in face to face of some ferocious animal, the rabbit closes the eyes. He thinks he is safe. Similarly, simply by trying to cover our sufferings by artificial means, that is not solution. That is ignorance
- There are many instances in history wherein even the most ferocious animal became friendly to a pure devotee of the Lord
- There are so many ugly Gods nowadays that ferocious face and he is God
- These people are envious. Although they have become so-called Vaisnava, they are ferocious. They have not acquired the qualification of Vaisnava
- They are Aditi, Diti, Danu, Kastha, Arista, Surasa, Ila, Muni, Krodhavasa, Tamra, Surabhi, Sarama and Timi. From the womb of Timi all the aquatics took birth, and from the womb of Sarama the ferocious animals like the tigers and lions took birth
- This is an instance of fearfulness caused by a ferocious animal and of the search for shelter while remembering Krsna in ecstatic love
- This river, which is a moat surrounding hell, is full of ferocious aquatic animals. When a sinful man is thrown into the River, the aquatic animals there immediately begin to eat him, but because of his extremely sinful life, he does not leave his body
- This world is full of ditches of so-called distress and happiness, & there are many ferocious animals always ready to attack. The fire of lamentation is always blazing, & the mirage of false happiness is always alluring, but one has no shelter from them
- Tigers never wander in the forest in flocks. Each tiger wanders alone, but forest boars keep together. Hogs, wolves and dogs also do the same. Thus Maharaja Bharata thought that the deer had been killed by some of many ferocious animals within the forest
- To go to the forest does not mean to become a monkey or a ferocious animal
- When a person becomes disturbed in his heart by seeing lightning in the sky, by seeing a ferocious animal, or by hearing a tumultuous sound, his state of mind is called apprehensive
- When he was dying he also saw that three ferocious persons, very fearful persons with rope in their hands, very fearful, he saw. Sometimes dying man cries because he sees that "Somebody has come to take me to Yamaraja." He sees, and he is very fearful
- When Maharaja Bharata wanted to enter the forest to collect kusa grass, flowers, wood, leaves, fruits, roots and water, he would fear that dogs, jackals, tigers and other ferocious animals might kill the deer
- When persons who do not know your austerity see you moving with Uma, they misunderstand you to be lusty, or when they see you wandering in the crematorium they mistakenly think that you are ferocious and envious. Certainly they are shameless
- Whether a highway robber or a government thief, such a man will be punished in his next life by being thrown into the hell known as Sarameyadana, where he will suffer greatly from the bites of ferocious dogs