excuse | excused | excuses | excusing
This category has the following 5 subcategories, out of 5 total.
Pages in category "Excuse"
The following 117 pages are in this category, out of 117 total.
- A brahmana never commits any sinful activity. If he, sometimes in an unnatural condition, if he does something. So he should be excused. This is Vedic law
- A devotee who commits sinful acts, which he may do unwillingly or accidentally because of his former habits, is excused. That is the value of the sankirtana movement
- A great soul may forgive offenses, but Krsna does not excuse offenses to the dust of that great soul's feet, just as one can tolerate the scorching sunshine on one's head but cannot tolerate the scorching sunshine on one's feet
- A thief pleading not guilty because of committing theft not for personal interest but for the interest of society or country has never been excused by the established law of any country
- Accidental mistake is not dangerous. Willful mistake is dangerous. That we should be careful. We should be very careful always so that accidental mistakes also may not take place. But if it takes place, it is excused
- According to the Vedic civilization, cows, women, children, old men and brahmanas should be excused if they are at fault. But asuras, uncivilized men, do not care about that
- After Svarupa Damodara Gosvami returned within the temple, he requested Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu to excuse that innocent person
- Asvatthama was the son of a great brahmana, Dronacarya, and in spite of his having committed the great offense of killing all the sleeping sons of the Pandavas, Arjuna excused him by not killing him because he happened to be the son of a brahmana
- Asvatthama's mother, she's innocent, but on account of the son's death, she would be unhappy. Considering all these points he was excused from the capital punishment
- Brahmana he may excuse, but a ksatriya, the government, the ruling power, he cannot do so
- By inviting You to this negligible sacrifice for some material motive, we have certainly committed a great offense at Your lotus feet. Therefore, O Lord of lords, please excuse our offense because of Your causeless mercy and equal mind
- Demoniac people worship goddess Kali to obtain some material benefit, but they are not excused of the sins performed in the name of worship. To sacrifice a man or animal before the deity is specifically forbidden
- Devaki said "You have been advised by demoniac friends to kill my children. But now I beg you to excuse this girl at least. Let her live as my daughter"
- Diti was conscious of her offense (untimely sexual intercourse) and was anxious to be excused by Lord Siva. Lord Siva has two popular names, Rudra and Asutosa. He is very prone to anger as well as quickly pacified
- Do not care for the temporary excuses of the unwilling and unfortunate persons, you simply carry our program forward distributing Sankirtana, Prasadam and literatures and the effect will take place
- Due to our ignorance, we act in some way, but nature is so stringent that it will never excuse you, either you do it knowingly or unknowingly
- Due to the material body, his (Jada Bharata) senses were certainly agitated when he was insulted by King Rahugana, but later, due to the King's humble submission, Jada Bharata excused him
- Duty you sometimes may avoid, and you may be excused, but obligation we cannot. Obligation means you have to
- Even the first-grade offender is excused simply by this process of bowing the head to the ground in respect
- Even the first-grade offender is excused simply by this process, and Maharaja Pariksit, although honored by all the rsis and kings, welcomed all the big men in that humble etiquette in order to be excused from any offenses
- Everyone is sure to die, for no one is excused from the hands of death, which is but a feature of the Supreme Personality of Godhead (mrtyuh sarva-haras caham) - BG 10.34
- Externally He gives the excuse that He wants to participate in the Ratha-yatra festival, but actually He wants to leave Jagannatha Puri to go to Sundaracala, the Gundica temple, a replica of Vrndavana
- Having said this (please be merciful to such a poor-hearted person as me, since both of you are saintly persons. Please excuse my atrocities), Kamsa fell at the feet of Vasudeva and Devaki, his eyes full of tears of regret - SB 10.4.23
- He (Lord Visnu) did not become angry at the activities of Bhrgu Muni, for Bhrgu Muni was a great brahmana. A brahmana is to be excused even if he sometimes commits an offense, and Lord Visnu set the example
- He directly blasphemed Your Lordship, the spiritual master of all living beings, and committed heavily sinful activities directed against me, Your devotee. I wish that he be excused for these sinful activities
- He immediately descended from his palanquin and fell flat on the ground with his head at the lotus feet of Jada Bharata in such a way that he might be excused for his insulting words against the great brahmana. He then prayed as follows
- He said, "The King has excused me for the balance due. He has reappointed me to my post by honoring me with this silken cloth and has doubled my salary"
- I have already replied Jadurani's letter. Regarding her offenses, I do not remember when she committed offenses, and even though she might have done so, I excuse her 100 times, without any hesitation. So she has nothing to bother about it
- I have dishonored You many times while relaxing or while lying on the same bed or eating together, sometimes alone and sometimes in front of many friends. Please excuse me for all my offenses. BG 11.41-42 - 1972
- If a person falls down but is wholeheartedly engaged in the transcendental service of the Supreme Lord, the Lord, being situated within his heart, purifies him and excuses him from that abomination
- If he repents for the wrong he has done, then he's excused. Otherwise finished
- If one is giving very important service, then even there is some faulty thing, excuse. Service is so important. So in the Western countries the woman can give very good service
- If one repents that "I should not have done this, but I am so sinful that I have again committed this sin," so this repentance will help him to be excused by the Supreme Lord
- If one unconsciously, without any knowledge, does something wrong, that is excused. But they do willfully. They know it is wrong, still they do it
- If someone sees the face of the Lord while aratrika is going on, he can be relieved of all sinful reactions coming from many, many thousands and millions of years past. He is even excused from the killing of a brahmana or similar prohibited activities
- If there are one or two instances of falling down, that may be excused, we are not so overly critical, otherwise who would be qualified of any of us to become devotee?
- If you are excused and again come back and again do the same sinful activities, criminal activities, and if you are again arrested, then you'll be very, very severely punished. It is a common sense
- If you think that "Now I am Krsna conscious. Whatever I do, it is right," then it is great sin. But accidentally it happens. That is excused
- If you, by chance, by mistake, you violate the regulative principle, that is excused, but if willingly, if you go on committing sinful life - so just like in the Churches they go to confess and again begin - that kind of business will not help you
- Ignorance is no excuse for evading the reaction - sinful activities. Sinful activities are of two kinds: those which are mature and those which are not mature
- Ignorance is no excuse, similarly out of ignorance we are committing so many sinful life's and we are becoming liable to be punished, that is the law of nature. You cannot avoid it, if you touch the fire it will burn
- Ignorance is no excuse. If there is law, and if you do not know the law and you commit offense, that is no excuse, that you do not know the law. Similarly, human life is meant for understanding God. That is the main business of human life
- Ignorant personalities, or conditioned souls, have no choice but to accept their precarious condition under material nature. The only remedy is to surrender to Visnu and always pray to be excused
- Illicit sex is never excused, and those who indulge in it are punished life after life
- In daily life we find that when a madman commits murder, he is excused even by a high-court judge
- In the book Nama-kaumudi it is recommended that if one is an offender of a Vaisnava, he should submit to that Vaisnava and be excused; if one is an offender in chanting the holy name, he should submit to the holy name and thus be freed from his offenses
- In the modern age the people have begun to detonate atomic weapons on the surface of the earth, and still the earth is forbearing to the inhabitants, like a mother who excuses a little child
- In this way, giving some excuse, Gopala sometimes remains in the bushes of the forest, and sometimes He stays in a village. One who is a devotee comes to see the Deity
- Indra said, "Kindly give me Your blessings so that I may not act so foolishly again. If You think, my Lord (Krsna), that the offense is very great and cannot be excused, then I appeal to You that I am Your eternal servant"
- It (Kuliya) cannot be accepted as aparadha-bhanjanera pada, or the place where the offense (of Gopala Capala against Srivasa Thakura) was excused, for that occurred in the above-mentioned Kuliya on the western side of the Ganges
- It is a fallacy to say that my present engagement with the press is not the best for my spiritual advancement, and if we think in this way we may go on trying out one engagement after another and always say the same excuse
- It was not the desire of Lord Caitanya Mahaprabhu that Gopinatha Pattanayaka be excused of his debt to the government, nor was it His desire that his salary be doubled or that he be reappointed collector at the same place
- Kamsa begged, "My dear sister and brother-in-law (Devaki and Vasudeva), please be merciful to such a poor-hearted person as me, since both of you are saintly persons. Please excuse my atrocities" - SB 10.4.23
- Kamsa had previously excused Devaki because he thought that a woman should not be killed, especially when pregnant. But now, by the influence of maya, he was prepared to kill a woman - not only a woman, but a small, helpless newborn child
- Kamsa's ministers reminded Kamsa that despite his power, he was cognizant of the principles of fighting, and therefore he had excused the demigods because of their incapability
- Kasi Misra said, "Excusing Gopinatha Pattanayaka of all his debts will make the Lord unhappy, for that is not His intention"
- Killing business has become very prominent at the present moment, and therefore they are being killed in the womb of the mother, abortion and killing child. That they do not know. Nature will not excuse you
- Kurus said, "Dear Lord, please consider us most foolish. Our intelligence was bewildered and not in order. Therefore we have come before You to beg Your pardon. Please excuse us"
- Last night you were disappointed. Please excuse my offense. I shall certainly accept you
- Let him be pleased with us, since he is my brother-in-law, the husband of my sister Sati. He is also the worshipable lord of all women. He is the personality of all opulences & can show mercy towards women, who are excused even by the uncivilized hunters
- Lord Narayana could not excuse a person who had offended a Vaisnava. To be excused from such an offense, one must submit to the Vaisnava whom he has offended. There is no other way to be excused
- Lord Siva might have been angry with Diti because she obliged her husband (Kasyapa) to transgress the law, but he would not refuse her husband's prayer. Therefore the application for excuse was submitted through her husband
- Lord Visnu, the Supreme Personality of Godhead, said: My dear King Prthu, Indra, the King of heaven, has disturbed your execution of one hundred sacrifices. Now he has come with Me to be forgiven by you. Therefore excuse him
- Maharaja Rahugana immediately descended from his palanquin and fell down at the lotus feet of Jada Bharata in order to be excused and to hear from him further about the values of life known as brahma jijnasa - inquiry into the Absolute Truth
- Maharaja Rahugana immediately descended from his palanquin and fell flat before the lotus feet of the brahmana Jada Bharata just to be excused
- Most of you were, in your former life, you were smoking or taking intoxication. But by some influence, if you sometimes take to it, yes, if you are conscious, "Oh, I have done wrong," but that is excused if you have done unconscious
- Nature is very cruel. She does not excuse anyone. When people do not care for nature, they commit all kinds of sinful activities, and consequently they have to suffer
- No one should perform sankirtana on the streets of the city. Today I am excusing the offense and returning home
- Nothing should be accepted blindly; everything should be accepted with care and with caution. Ksama, tolerance and forgiveness, should be practiced; one should be tolerant and excuse the minor offenses of others
- O hero's wife, kindly tell me if someone has offended you. I am prepared to give such a person punishment as long as he does not belong to the brahmana caste. But for the servant of Muraripu (Krsna), I excuse no one within or beyond these three worlds
- O mother (Parvati), you are now unnecessarily angry, but since all my (Citraketu) happiness and distress are destined by my past activities, I do not plead to be excused or relieved from your curse
- O my mother, I'm a fool. Kindly excuse me for whatever offenses I've committed. Your forty-nine sons have been born unhurt because of your devotional service. As an enemy, I cut them to pieces, but because of your great devotional service they didn't die
- Of course I excuse my disciples always, but they should not take advantage of it
- On that day you did not create a very great disturbance. Therefore I have excused you and not taken your life
- One confession admitting, excused. But not that you commit sins over and over again and it will be excused. Similarly, you cannot commit sins on the strength of chanting. That is the greatest offense
- Please just touch your (the gopis') foreheads with folded palms and bow down before the demigod Varuna in order to be excused from this offensive act (going naked in the river Yamuna)
- Pure devotional service as described by Rupa Gosvami is free from all material desires. Anyabhilasita-sunyam (CC Madhya 19.167). There can be no excuse for personal or material interest
- Sakarunam means mercy. Not that... Because one has committed murder in a fanatic condition, he is excused sometimes. That is sakarunam. The judgement should be given not simply on the superficial causes
- She told the sun-god, "I was simply examining the effectiveness of this mystic power. I am sorry I have called you unnecessarily. Please return and excuse me"
- Since Indra was a great and powerful demigod and servant of the Supreme Personality of Godhead, Vijitasva purposefully excused him due to sentiment only, even though Indra was acting wrongly. Thus Indra became very pleased with Vijitasva at that time
- Since the Supreme Lord, Visnu, is situated in the core of everyone's heart, every body is a temple of Visnu. One should not misuse this understanding as an excuse for such words as daridra-narayana
- So this capital punishment is required. Nowadays the capital punishment is excused. Murderers are not hanged. This is all mistake, all rascaldom. A murderer must be killed. No mercy. Why a human killer? Even an animal killer should be immediately hanged
- Sri Baladeva was very angry at Arjuna (for kidnapping Subhadra), and He wanted to kill him, but Lord Krsna implored His brother to excuse Arjuna
- Srila Madhavendra Puri said, "O regulative principles of karma-kanda, please excuse me. I cannot follow all these regulative principles, for I am fully engaged in devotional service"
- Suppose somebody has offended you. Excuse him. This is also another kind of penance
- Svarupa said, "My dear Lord, please excuse my offense. I gave up Your company to go elsewhere, and that was my great mistake"
- Take this prasadam of Lord Jagannatha's and this cloth and deliver them to My mother, Sacidevi. After offering her obeisances, please request her to excuse My offenses
- The animalistic person who lives simply in the bodily concept of life is not excused. He is put into the hell known as Maharaurava and attacked by ruru animals known as kravyadas
- The answer is that the offensive act was performed by a child (Srngi) only so that he could be excused very easily, and thus the prayer of the father (Samika Rsi) was accepted
- The brahmanas said, "We therefore pray to the Lord to be kind enough to excuse us because we are simply captivated by His external energy. We transgressed His order without knowing His transcendental glories"
- The court or the church is not meant for that purpose, that they will excuse the sinners every week without questioning and without giving him full, nice instruction that "You cannot do this." But if they say like that, then no more, nobody will come
- The King told Gopinatha Pattanayaka, "You are excused for all the money you owe the treasury, and the place known as Malajathya Dandapata is again given to you for collections"
- The personality of Kali, who is the friend of all kinds of irreligiosities, may be excused if he surrenders, but in all circumstances he cannot be allowed to live as a citizen in any part of a welfare state
- The so-called sannyasis sometimes drink with the excuse that without alcohol, fish and meat, it is impossible to remain in the cold countries near the Arctic zone
- The specific acts performed by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu at this time were His showing favor to Devananda Pandita and excusing the brahmana known as Gopala Capala from the offense he had committed at the lotus feet of Srivasa Thakura
- The Yamadutas were certain that Ajamila was a most sinful man, but although Yamaraja wanted to punish him, the Visnudutas excused him. This was a puzzling situation that the Yamadutas wanted Yamaraja to clarify
- There is the following statement, spoken by Daksa to Lord Siva: " When I was falling down because of accusing you, you saved me by your merciful glance. You are most great. Kindly excuse me and be satisfied with your own exalted qualities
- They are pointing out the irregularities in others. They came to serve, now they don't want to serve so there is some excuse. Oh, irregularity, let me go away. The workers should not suggest irregularities
- This taking of sannyasa should not be a whimsical proposition, and should not be an excuse for becoming irresponsible, no responsibility of grhastha, brahmacari, etc. Sannyasis also have great responsibility to become fearless preachers
- Thus under various excuses the Lord exhibited His opulences as much as possible in His childhood, and later, after exhibiting such opulences, He hid Himself
- You are at liberty to make many questions like that. So long I can, I must make answers to your questions, but when I fail, I shall ask you to excuse me
- You are mostly Christian, you know. Lord Jesus Christ, when he was being crucified, he was begging, "My Lord, these fools do not know what they are doing. Please excuse." Just see how much qualified. Because he is devotee of God