"exalted position"|"exalted positions"|"exalted transcendental position"|"exalted devotional position"|"exalted spiritual position"|"exalted her position"|"exalted, transcendental position"|" exalted a position "|"exalted or nasty positions"|" exalted the actual position"|"exalted to the position"|" exalted, in any position"|"position more exalted "|"position was exalted"|"position so exalted"|"position, very exalted"|"position as exalted"|"position was more exalted"|"position was so exalted"|"position is very exalted"|" position of an exalted"|"position is always exalted"|" position is most exalted"|"position is so exalted"|" position is therefore exalted"
- VedaBase query: "Exalt* position*" or "exalt* * position*" or "exalt* * * position*" or "position* * exalt*" or "position* * * exalt*"
This category has only the following subcategory.
Pages in category "Exalted Position"
The following 131 pages are in this category, out of 131 total.
- A Krsna conscious person can occupy an exalted position beyond the imagination of any ambitious materialist
- A person is liberated by such knowledge, and thus he remembers My exalted position, which is above the conditions of material life. Such a devotee is fully purified by offering prayers in full knowledge. This is the source of devotional service to Me
- A philosopher and writer of many books on religious principles may also accept an exalted post in a government which denies all the moral codes of the sastras
- According to the Vedas, there is a certain regulation that if one falls down from his exalted position, he has to undergo certain ritualistic processes to purify himself. BG 1972 purports
- After understanding Krsna as He is, one can become eligible to enter Krsnaloka and associate with Him. The mind is the cause of such an exalted position. The mind can also get one a body like those of dogs and hogs
- Age of Kali, the executive head of a state somehow or other gets votes and is elected to an exalted post, but the condition of the citizens continues to be full of anxiety, distress, unhappiness and dissatisfaction
- All of them (great sages and saintly persons) requested him (Daksa) not to leave, but, infuriated, he left, thinking that the auspicious place was not fit for him. Puffed up by his exalted position, he thought that no one was greater than he in argument
- Although Dhruva Maharaja's achievement of an eternal planet was not conceived of by him, Krsna thought, "What will Dhruva do with an exalted position within this material world?"
- Although he is in an exalted position, a sannyasi still must elevate himself to the transcendental platform by rendering service to the Lord
- Although Lord Brahma had received very respectful obeisances from Lord Siva, he knew that Lord Siva was in a more exalted position than himself. Lord Siva's position is described in Brahma-samhita
- Although Mayavadis profess monism, they differentiate between the holy name of the Supreme Lord and the Lord Himself. For this offense of namaparadha they gradually glide down from their exalted position of brahma-jnana, as confirmed in SB 10.2.32
- Although Siva was externally exhibiting the behavior of a common man and not following etiquette, such actions cannot diminish his exalted position. The difficulty is that a common man, seeing Lord Siva's behavior, might follow his example
- Although the demigods are situated in exalted positions in the heavenly planets, they nevertheless desire to descend to the land of Bharata-varsa on the planet earth. This indicates that even the demigods are unfit to reside in Bharata-varsa
- Antakasi-lulitat: by the sword of time one is cut from his exalted position within this material world, and he comes down again
- Arjuna continued, "Such executive heads simply live for their own livelihood while occupying exalted posts as chiefs of state"
- As a pure devotee of the Lord, Sri Naradadeva is always fulfilling his obligation to the Lord for His gift of the instrument, and thus he is always engaged in singing His transcendental glories and is therefore infallible in his exalted position
- As soon as Dhruva Maharaja saw the Supreme Personality of Godhead face to face, he immediately became conscious of the unimportance of his demand from the Lord to have an exalted position better than Lord Brahma's
- Asvatthama failed to discharge the duties of a brahmana or teacher, and therefore he was liable to be rejected from the exalted position of a brahmana. On this consideration, both Lord Sri Krsna and Arjuna were right in condemning Asvatthama
- Balarama said, "Consider the exalted position of the Yadu dynasty. They have forcibly used both the assembly house and the parijata tree of the heavenly planets, and still you think that they cannot order you (Kurus)"
- Bali Maharaja was indeed a fully surrendered devotee, but even some demons who were not at all devotees but merely enemies of the Lord attained the same exalted position achieved by many mystic yogis
- Because Garuda's plans for eating were disappointed, Saubhari Muni certainly committed a great offense to a Vaisnava. Because of this vaisnava-aparadha, an offense at the lotus feet of a Vaisnava, Saubhari fell from his exalted position of mystic tapasya
- Because Lord Brahma and Lord Siva are guna-avataras and have exalted positions, they have some small sense of being like Krsna. But the pure devotees who inhabit Vrndavana do not possess any bodily conception
- Because of their compassion for the poor fallen souls, the six Gosvamis gave up their exalted positions as ministers and took vows as mendicants
- Because of their exalted position, those who are on Brahmaloka at the time of dissolution go directly back home, back to Godhead, along with Lord Brahma
- Because of their royal exalted posts, all these demons became very much puffed up, and their only business was to harass their subjects. Lord Krsna appeared on this planet just at the end of Dvapara-yuga to annihilate all these demoniac kings
- Because of this vaisnava-aparadha (when Garuda wanted to eat fish, Saubhari Muni unnecessarily gave the fish shelter under his care), an offense at the lotus feet of a Vaisnava, Saubhari Muni fell from his exalted position of mystic tapasya
- Because the demigods are all materialistically conditioned souls, although they are situated in very exalted positions, their benedictions cannot be permanent. permanent benediction is spiritual benediction, since a spirit soul is eternal
- Bhismadeva, Dhrtarastra, Dronacarya, Duryodhana and Bahlika bowed their heads before the Lord with great respect because all of them knew the exalted position of Lord Balarama as the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Big, big men in Europe, very exalted position, they do not know even that there is life after death
- Both Prthu Maharaja's airplane and the airplane carrying Queen Arci were passing out of the vision of the ladies of the higher planetary systems. These ladies were simply astonished to see how Prthu Maharaja and his wife achieved such an exalted position
- By offering even water, newly grown grass, or flower buds at Your lotus feet, those who maintain no mental duplicity can achieve the most exalted position within the spiritual world
- Devotees pray that if a demon who wanted to kill Krsna gets such an exalted position, why should they go to anyone other than Krsna for their worshipful attachment
- Devotional service, which begins with chanting of the holy name of the Lord, is so powerful that even if one falls down from the exalted position of a brahmana through sexual indulgence, he can be saved from all calamities if he somehow or other chants
- Dhruva Maharaja attained an exalted position at the age of only five or six years, after undergoing austerity for six months. Alas, a great ksatriya cannot achieve such a position even after undergoing austerities for many, many years
- Dhruva Maharaja wanted to occupy an exalted position not by hook or by crook, but by honest means
- Dhruva Maharaja, the son of Suniti, who was devoted to her husband, acquired an exalted position not possible to attain even for the so-called Vedantists or strict followers of the Vedic principles, not to speak of ordinary human beings
- DS is so powerful that even if one falls down from the exalted position of a brahmana through sexual indulgence, he can be saved from all calamities if he chants the holy name of the Lord. This is the extraordinary power of the Lord's holy name
- He was equal to all the wives & treated them as a perfect husband would, just to please them. For Him, there was no need of even a single wife. Since they were women, the wives could not understand the exalted position of Krsna, nor the truths about Him
- Her (Gandhari's) ambition to become the mother of one hundred sons was fulfilled, and she began to nourish all the children according to her exalted position
- His (Dhruva's) revengeful attitude towards his stepmother and stepbrother was satisfied, his desire for a more exalted position than that of his great-grandfather was also fulfilled, and at the same time, his eternal position in Dhruvaloka was fixed
- I count you and your godbrothers among those few men who are treading seriously on the path back to Home, back to Godhead, and now we must maintain such exalted position and not fall back by neglecting our highest standards of devotional practices
- If a person born in a sudra family has developed the qualities of a brahmana, such as satya (truthfulness), sama (peacefulness), dama (self-control) and arjava (simplicity), he attains the exalted position of a brahmana
- If Narada Muni, the greatest devotee of Lord Krsna, could bless him or show him the path, then he would be able to occupy a more exalted position than any person within the three worlds. Thus he wanted help from Naradaji to achieve that position
- If one falls down from his exalted position
- If one is attracted by this root of illusory conceptions - "I" and "mine" - he will have to remain within this material world in different exalted or nasty positions
- If Putana could attain an exalted position in spiritual life by neglectfully, enviously making an offering to Krsna, what is to be said of mother Yasoda and the other gopis, who served Him with great love offering everything for Krsna's satisfaction
- If the host is a poor man, he should at least offer a straw mat as a sitting place and a glass of water to drink. Krsna and Balarama welcomed Akrura in a way just befitting his exalted position
- If we want to know visnu-tattva, if we want to know Krsna, His exalted position, then here are the description of the sastra. And if we take them as it is, without malinterpretation, without showing any extraordinary intelligence by us
- In the Adi Purana, in a conversation between Krsna and Arjuna, it is said, bhaktanam anugacchanti muktayah srutibhih saha: The most exalted position of liberation is given by Vedic knowledge. Everyone follows in the footsteps of the devotee
- In the beginning one has to discharge devotional service according to regulative principles, but gradually, as devotional service becomes one’s life and soul, one achieves the most exalted position of ecstatic love for Krsna
- In the beginning we must treat the Lord with awe and veneration. Later one when we are perfectly on the spiritual platform, we treat Krsna more intimately, and therefore we forget the exalted position of Krsna
- In the material world everyone is after profit, respectability and reputation, everyone wants the supreme exalted position, and everyone wants to hear about the great qualities of exalted persons
- Indra knew about the exalted position of Krsna because Krsna is the master of Indra, but he could not believe that Krsna could come down and live in Vrndavana among the cowherd men
- It appears that the Personality of Godhead, Lord Siva and other devotees, in spite of their being situated in exalted positions, instructed by practical example how to offer obeisances to their superiors
- King Indra was favored by Marici and the other great sages. They performed the sacrifice just according to the rules and regulations, worshiping the SPG, the original person. Thus Indra regained his exalted position and was again honored by everyone
- Krsna replied, "Because of Haihaya, Nahusa, Vena & Ravana's false perception of their positions, they fell from their exalted posts & they no longer remained kings of their respective kingdoms & were lost in the violence of abominable conditioned life"
- Lord Brahma wanted to be saved from that pitfall of pride, although he was posted in the most exalted position within the universe
- Lord Siva is praised by Sati, partially due to her personal respect for Lord Siva, since he is her husband, and partially due to his exalted position, which exceeds that of ordinary living entities, even Lord Brahma
- Lord Siva's lotus feet were worshiped by both the demigods and demons, but still, in spite of his exalted position, as soon as he saw that Lord Brahma was there among all the other demigods, he immediately stood up and offered him respect by bowing down
- One cannot be situated in an exalted position without having undertaken a regulative life of rules and regulations
- One should not be proud of one's exalted position and act like Ravana, thinking oneself independent of material nature's laws
- One should not fall from his exalted position
- One who is attached to the nectarean honey of the Lord's lotus feet, and whose mind is always absorbed in His glories, may sometimes be checked by some impediment, but he still never gives up the exalted position he has acquired
- One who is not in direct touch with the Supreme Lord and cannot conceive of the exalted position of the Lord is sometimes advised to worship the demigods as various parts of the Lord
- Pariksit Maharaja was astonished. How had mother Yasoda and Nanda Maharaja become so fortunate that they enjoyed the complete childhood pastimes of Krsna? What had they done in the past by which they were elevated to such an exalted position
- Prostitute hunting is so abominable that the desire for sex with a prostitute can ruin one's character, destroy one's exalted position & plunder all one's money. Therefore illicit sex is strictly prohibited
- Prostitute hunting is so abominable that the desire for sex with a prostitute can ruin one's character, destroy one's exalted position and plunder all one's money. Therefore illicit sex is strictly prohibited
- Rohini said, "We do not want to enjoy such material opulences, nor do we desire to achieve the yogic perfections, nor the exalted post of Lord Brahma
- Rukmini continued, "But in order to achieve the favor of Your (Krsna's) lotus feet, they renounced their exalted positions and entered the forest to practice penances and austerities"
- Rukmini continued, "From the history of the world we can see that princes like Anga, Prthu, Bharata, Yayati and Gaya were all great emperors of the world, and there were no competitors to their exalted positions"
- Rukmini continued, "You (Krsna) cannot be attached to any woman, however exalted her position and beauty. Whether You are attached to me or not, may my devotion and attention be always engaged at Your lotus feet"
- Sisupala was neither a jnani nor a bhakta, yet simply by envy of the Lord he attained an exalted position by merging into the Lord's body. Certainly this was astonishing
- Sisupala, however, was neither a jnani nor a bhakta, yet simply by envy of the Lord he attained an exalted position by merging into the Lord's body. Certainly this was astonishing
- Somehow or other, Ravana was raised to an exalted position as the king of a great kingdom with all material opulences, but because of his sinful act of kidnapping mother Sita, all the results of his pious activities were destroyed
- Srila Bhaktisiddhanta Sarasvati Thakura comments on this incident as follows: Vaisnavas are all liberated persons, unattached to anything material. Therefore a Vaisnava need not accept the dress of a sannyasi to prove his exalted position
- Srimad-Bhagavatam says, "Although they (The impersonalists) rise to the transcendental situation of existence in impersonal Brahman, they certainly fall from that exalted position because they deride Your lotus feet"
- Sudama thought, "How can I appreciate my obligation to Him? When I was tired, Rukminidevi, the goddess of fortune, began to fan me, holding the camara whisk in her own hand. She never considered her exalted position as the first queen of Lord Krsna"
- Sukadeva Gosvami wants to impress upon the mind of the reader (in SB 6.1.63) that Ajamila's exalted position as a brahmana was vanquished by his association with the prostitute, so much so that he forgot all his brahminical activities
- Suniti cited the example of Lord Brahma, who was Dhruva Maharaja's great-grandfather. Although Lord Brahma is also a living being, by his penance and austerity he acquired the exalted position of creator of this universe by the mercy of the Supreme Lord
- That exalted platform of prema (vimukti, or special mukti) is described by Sri Caitanya Mahaprabhu as prema pum-artho mahan, and mother Yasoda naturally acts in such an exalted position in loving affairs
- The brahmana also called him lubdha, which means "greedy." In other words, a king or an executive head of state should not occupy the exalted post of president or king if he is greedy and self-interested
- The demigods are situated in the mode of goodness, but sometimes even one who is situated in such an exalted position as King Indra, the king of all the demigods, falls down because of material opulence. We are now actually seeing this in America
- The exalted position of the speaker and the audience will be explained very nicely in the next verse (of SB 10.1.16). Krsna-katha is so enlivening that Maharaja Pariksit forgot everything material, even his personal comfort in relation to food and drink
- The exalted transcendental position of the Lord is specifically mentioned (in SB 4.7.34) by the great sages; He is not like the ordinary living entity, who is attached to the results of pious activities
- The fulfillment of Dhruva Maharaja's demand - a position more exalted than that of even his great-grandfather, Brahma - was offered to him
- The jailkeeper could not deny that he was a learned scholar, because when one is elevated to an exalted position, one thinks oneself fit for that position
- The Lord became Bali Maharaja's doorkeeper not because of his giving everything to the Lord, but because of his exalted position as a lover of the Lord
- The Lord forgets His exalted position and willingly submits to His pure devotee
- The Lord is always in an exalted position, even though He agrees to live everywhere
- The Lord killed Putana as an enemy, but because of His being the supreme controller, she attained an exalted position as His mother
- The Lord knew Dhruva Maharaja's childish ambition, but how was it possible to offer Dhruva a position more exalted than Lord Brahma's
- The Mayavadis were sitting in an exalted position & Caitanya Mahaprabhu sat in a place that was not even clean. the Mayavadi sannyasis thought that He must have been aggrieved for some reason, and Prakasananda inquired about the cause for His lamentation
- The nine brothers were not at all spiritually enlightened in devotional service to the Lord. Consequently they could not understand the highly exalted position of Jada Bharata
- The personality of religion accepted this fact (the assurance of protection by Maharaja Pariksit) and thus thanked the King for his being true to his exalted position
- The predominating deities of even the greatest planets have been offered their exalted posts because of the very valuable pious activities they performed in previous births. This is indicated herein (SB 5.23.3) by the words karma-nirmita-gatayah
- The principle of Lord Caitanya's movement in educating and elevating everyone to the exalted post of a gosvami is taught in the Nectar of Devotion
- The sages said, "Dear Lord Yadunandana, we may inform You that we brahmanas posted Romaharsana Suta on that exalted position for the duration of this great sacrifice"
- The significance of this separation (from Krsna) and meeting is very specific. If someone tries to understand the exalted position of Lord Caitanya without knowing this, he is sure to misunderstand it
- The so-called political leaders are busy making plans to advance the material prosperity of their nation, but factually these political leaders only want an exalted position for themselves
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead (Balarama) therefore solved the problem in a manner befitting His exalted position
- The Supreme Personality of Godhead then recognizes him to be superior. The devotees who have developed love of Godhead are certainly in an exalted position
- The third offense at the lotus feet of the holy name, which is called guror avajna, is to consider the spiritual master to be material and therefore to envy his exalted position
- There are so many dangers in this material world that one may fall down from an exalted position at any time. Yet if one keeps himself always pure and steady by chanting the Hare Krsna maha-mantra, he will be safe without a doubt
- There is no need to conduct research into the significance of the chanting of the Hare Krsna mantra. The history of Ajamila is sufficient proof of the power of the Lord's holy name and the exalted position of a person who chants the holy name incessantly
- Those in the most exalted position of devotional service and ecstasy can live with Krsna always by remembering His pastimes
- Treating a living entity equally does not mean treating him as one would treat the Supreme Personality of Godhead. Compassion and friendliness do not necessitate falsely elevating someone to the exalted position of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- Wanting to take a very exalted position, the living entity instead becomes entangled in a repetition of birth and death
- We are in very good, prestigious position. That is sure. Don't spoil it. So much hard labor. I started with very humble condition. Now it has come to this, such exalted position. You don't spoil it. That is my request
- We have been elevated to an exalted position by the mercy of Krsna and the spiritual master, and if we remember that this is a great opportunity and pray to Krsna that we will not fall again, our lives will be successful
- What is the use of the exalted position of a demigod? In the heavenly planets, due to profuse material comforts, there is no possibility of associating with devotees
- When a living entity, by Your (Lord Krsna) grace only, comes to the right conclusion about Your exalted transcendental position, he no longer bothers with the different theories manufactured by the mental speculators or so-called philosophers
- When a person occupies an exalted executive post, one should consider that he has acquired the grace of the Lord
- When Uddhava said that he had a message from Krsna, the gopis were more interested in hearing the message than in hearing about their exalted position
- Within this universe, Lord Brahma is supposed to be in the most exalted position, for he is the chief of all demigods, but Dhruva Maharaja wanted a realm beyond his. Therefore his desire was not to be fulfilled by worshiping any demigod
- Without devotional service, neither a great king, a ksatriya, nor a great brahmana strictly adhering to the Vedic principles can be elevated to the exalted position attained by Dhruva Maharaja
- Yamuna prayed "I forgot Your (Balarama) glorious, exalted position, but now I have come to my senses, and I remember that You hold all the planetary systems on Your head merely by Your partial expansion Sesa. You are the sustainer of the whole universe"
- You have done him a very merciful favor by taking away all his opulence, because his exalted position as King of heaven was putting him in the darkness of ignorance