Pages in category "Establishing God"
The following 28 pages are in this category, out of 28 total.
- A gentleman named Bhramaravara from Kendrapada, in the province of Orissa, contributed funds to establish these Deities (of Nityananda, Caitanya Mahaprabhu and Advaita) in the temple. The management of the temple was under the Tota-gopinatha gosvamis
- According to the atheists, dharma, or religious principles, are meant to establish an imaginary God to encourage one to become moral, honest and just so that the social orders may be maintained in peace and tranquillity
- Akrura continued, "Your (Krsna's) appearance is necessary to reestablish actual Vedic knowledge, as opposed to the atheistic philosophy which tries to establish that God and the living entities are one and the same"
- Arca means the form of the Lord established in some temple and worshiped. That is also incarnation of God. That is not idol worship. People who do not know that this is an authorized process of realizing God, they cannot understand
- At the present day, especially in big, big cities, people live in small apartments and are not able to establish a Deity or temple
- If one accepts the existence of God, one certainly cannot establish the theory of monism. For this reason Sankaracarya refuted all kinds of Vedic literature that establishes the supremacy of the Personality of Godhead
- If the SP of Godhead is formless, how can He be said to walk very fast and accept everything offered to Him? Rejecting the direct meaning of the Vedic mantras, the Mayavadi philosophers interpret them and try to establish the Absolute Truth as formless
- In order to distinguish His transcendental body from ordinary material bodies, some philosophers have explained Him (the Supreme Absolute Truth) as being impersonal. In other words, material personality is denied, and spiritual personality is established
- In the Koran there are descriptions of fruitive activity, speculative knowledge, mystic power and union with the Supreme, but ultimately all this is refuted and the Lord's personal feature established, along with His devotional service
- It is said that in the beginning Lord Jagannatha was worshiped by the sabaras and was known as the Deity Nila Madhava. Later, when the Deity was established in the temple, the Lord became known as Jagannatha
- Sanatana Gosvami compiled many, many books, all with the aim of describing how to serve the principal Deities of Vrndavana - Govinda and Madana-gopala. Later, other Deities were gradually established, and the importance of Vrndavana increased
- Srila Jiva Gosvami quotes the Vedic version in this connection & establishes that Narayana, the Personality of Godhead is known as kaivalya & the means which enables one to approach God is called the kaivalya-pantha or the only means of attainment of God
- Srila Vyasadeva wrote the Vedanta-sutra and, taking the essence of all Vedic literature, established the supremacy of the Supreme Personality of Godhead
- The fact remains, however, that the Absolute Truth is full of energy and is a person as well. It is not possible to establish Him as impersonal
- The impersonal descriptions in the Vedas intend to deny mundane characteristics in the Supreme Lord. They do not intend to establish the Supreme Lord as impersonal
- The most famous and formidable transcendental literature is the book named Gopala-campu. In this book the eternal pastimes of the Lord are established, and the transcendental mellows enjoyed in Vrndavana are completely described
- The purpose of the discussions in the Upanisads and Vedanta-sutra is to philosophically establish the personal feature of the Absolute Truth
- The Vedas deal with the subject of the three modes of material nature. Rise above these modes, O Arjuna. Be transcendental to all of them. Be free from all dualities and from all anxieties for gain and safety, and be established in the Self
- We find very wonderful qualities even in such material things as jewels and drugs. Indeed, their qualities often appear inconceivable. if we do not attribute inconceivable potencies to the Supreme Personality of Godhead, we cannot establish His supremacy
- We want to establish that one God, Krishna; one scripture, Bhagavad-gita; one mantra Hare Krishna; and one work, service to the Supreme Lord. And people are responding. So please try to cooperate with me
- Whenever there is talk of the impersonal Brahman in the beginning, the Supreme Personality is finally established at the end