Pages in category "Era"
The following 10 pages are in this category, out of 10 total.
- All of them chanted, "All glories to Balarama! We offer our respectful obeisances unto Your lotus feet. By killing this demon, Dvivida, You have initiated an auspicious era for the world." All such jubilant sounds of victory were heard from outer space
- Although his (Svayambhuva Manu) duration of life gradually came to an end, his long life, consisting of a Manvantara era, was not spent in vain, since he ever engaged in hearing, contemplating, writing down and chanting the pastimes of the Lord
- The great kings, leaders and soldiers fight with one another in order to perpetuate their names in history. They are forgotten in due course of time, and they make a place for another era in history
- The history of Bilvamangala Thakura is given in a book called Sri-vallabha-digvijaya. He appeared in the eighth century of the Saka Era in the province of Dravida and was the chief disciple of Visnu Svami
- There is fourteen Manus in one day of Brahma, and this era is called Vaivasvata Manu, because he is the son of Vivasvan