Eager for Krsna
This category has only the following subcategory.
- ► Eager for God (1 C, 21 P)
Pages in category "Eager for Krsna"
The following 58 pages are in this category, out of 58 total.
- A pious man who is simply eager to know the science of Krsna also approaches the Supreme Lord. Out of these four classes of men, the last is praised by Krsna Himself in the Bhagavad-gita
- A thief asked: "So may I take some of your these ornaments? You are so rich." "No, no, no. My mother will be angry. I cannot..." Krsna as a child. So he became more and more eager for Krsna. And then, by Krsna's association, he had already become purified
- Above that wonderful dance flew many airplanes carrying the denizens of the heavenly planets, who were very eager to see the wonderful dance of Krsna with the gopis
- After hearing Rukmini's statement, Lord Krsna was very much pleased. He immediately shook hands with the brahmana and said, "My dear brahmana, I am very glad to hear that Rukmini is eager to marry Me, since I am also eager to get her hand"
- Although giving trouble to a brahmana is a forbidden act, Lord Visnu was prepared to do anything in order to see Krsna - He was so eager to see Him
- Because he (Narada) had become so eager to hear these topics, he gradually developed within himself an ecstatic love for Krsna
- Bilvamangala said, "I am eagerly waiting to see that boy of Vrndavana whose bodily beauty is captivating the whole universe, whose eyes are always bounded by black eyebrows and expanded like lotus petals"
- For a long time the wives had been eager to see Krsna. However, when they were preparing to leave home to go see Him, their husbands, fathers, sons and relatives asked them not to go. But the wives did not comply
- For a very long time the women of Mathura had heard about Krsna and Balarama and Their uncommon characteristics, and they were very much attracted and eager to see Them
- He (Krsna) was appreciative, therefore, that both the girl and her father were eager to have Him as their intimate relative
- He (Krsna) was treating them (the gopis) like ordinary society women. Therefore they began to smile among themselves, and though they very eagerly listened to Krsna talk in that way, they were surprised
- His transcendental acts are magnificent and gracious, and great learned sages like Narada sing of them. Please, therefore, speak to us, who are eager to hear about the adventures He performs in His various incarnations
- How this (eagerly searching for Krsna being just as good as seeing Krsna face to face) is so cannot be explained, but it is factually realized by those who are pure devotees of the Lord
- If you want to love God, there is nothing throughout the whole world which can check you. Simply you have to develop your eagerness: "Krsna, I want You." That's all. Then there is no question of checking
- In the beginning one is trained according to the principles of regulation under the guidance of the acarya, or spiritual master, and gradually, when one is elevated, devotional service becomes automatic and spontaneous eagerness to serve Krsna
- In the material world, desire is a product of rajo-guna and tamo-guna, but desire in the spiritual world gives rise to a variety of everlasting transcendental service. Thus the word svakarthanam (in SB 10.13.50) refers to eagerness to serve Krsna
- It is said: "When Krsna first came from His Kingdom, Dvaraka, to Indraprastha,* the young females of the city became so eager to see Him that even at night, when they were lying down with their husbands, they could not restrain their eagerness"
- Maha-Visnu said, "My dear Krsna and Arjuna, I was very eager to see you both, and therefore I arranged to take away the babies of the brahmana and keep them here"
- Maharaja Pariksit was very eager to hear more about Krsna, and so, after finishing the narration of Arjuna's kidnapping Subhadra, Sukadeva Gosvami began to narrate another story, as follows
- Many hundreds of well-known prostitutes began to proceed on various vehicles. They were all very eager to meet the Lord (Krsna), and their beautiful faces were decorated with dazzling earrings, which enhanced the beauty of their foreheads
- Mucukunda was eager to know the identity of Krsna, and he said, "O best of human beings, if You think I am fit to know Your identity, kindly tell me who You are. What is Your parentage? What is Your occupational duty, and what is Your family tradition"
- Nanda Maharaja knew that Balarama was the son of Vasudeva, but he did not know that Krsna was also Vasudeva's son. Vasudeva, of course, was aware of this fact and inquired very eagerly about both Krsna and Balarama
- Narada was very eager to accelerate the descent of Krsna as soon as possible. He therefore informed Kamsa that in Vrndavana personalities like Nanda Maharaja and all the other cowherd men and their wives
- No one can even imagine how eager the gopis were to see Krsna again. As soon as Krsna became visible to them, they took Him inside their hearts through their eyes and embraced Him to their full satisfaction
- O Suta Gosvami, we are eager to learn about the Personality of Godhead and His incarnations. Please explain to us those teachings imparted by previous masters (acaryas), for one is uplifted both by speaking them and by hearing them
- One should acquire the qualities of a brahmana, ksatriya, vaisya or sudra and act accordingly. This is the civilization accepted by the Aryans. Why do they accept it? They accept it because they are very much eager to satisfy Krsna
- Only at that time is the attachment to Krsna perfect. Spontaneously, the devotee becomes eager to serve the Lord in his ecstatic love
- Out of curiosity and eagerness, the people of Kundina assembled before Krsna and Balarama to drink the nectar of Their beauty. With tearful eyes, they offered Krsna and Balarama their silent respects
- Rukmini was very eager to get the opportunity to serve her husband, the Supreme Personality of Godhead. She therefore wanted to serve the Lord personally and took the handle of the camara from the hand of a maidservant and began to move the fan
- Rupa Gosvami describes the characteristics of a person who has actually developed his ecstatic love for Krsna. The characteristics are as follows: (6) He is always very eager to serve the Lord faithfully
- Rupa Gosvami describes the characteristics of a person who has actually developed his ecstatic love for Krsna. The characteristics are as follows: (8) He is always eager to describe the transcendental qualities of the Lord
- Seeing King Mucukunda eager to know about His identity, Lord Krsna answered smilingly as follows, "My dear King, it is practically impossible to tell about My birth, appearance, disappearance and activities"
- So this eagerness to have Krsna, that eagerness is even impossible. It is simply happened by the mercy of Krsna and His devotee
- Sometimes crying and sometimes smiling, Mother Yasoda, seeing her son (Krsna) in such pastimes, did not show any sign of restricting Him, but rather began to watch her child with eagerness, enjoying these childhood pastimes
- Such devotees (who seek eagerly after Krsna in Vrndavana) of the Lord see Him face to face at every moment
- Sukadeva Gosvami thanked the King for his eagerness to hear about Krsna, and he encouraged him by saying, "My dear King (Pariksit), your intelligence is very keen because you are so eager to hear about the pastimes of Krsna"
- The first thing he saw was a man lying down asleep within the cave. Kalayavana was eager to fight with Krsna, and when he could not see Krsna but instead saw only a man lying down, he thought that Krsna was sleeping within the cave
- The friends of Nanda Maharaja, all the cowherd men, became eager to know if Krsna was actually the Supreme Personality and if He was going to give them all salvation
- The Lord comes out of His own causeless mercy and acts as He desires, the Vedas and purāṇas are full of descriptions of His different activities so that people in general may naturally be eager to hear and read something about His activities
- The object hears, and the subject plays the flute. That the object cannot see the moonlike face of Krsna and has no eagerness to see Him is the sign of being without alambana
- The queens said, "We can appreciate your heart is full of anxiety for Syamasundara. You (the cloud) appear excessively eager to see Him, & we see that for this reason only, drops of tears are gliding down from your eyes, just as they are from ours"
- There is a story in this connection (be very much eager to see God). It is very instructive; try to hear. One professional reciter was reciting about Bhagavata, and he was describing that Krsna, being very highly decorated with all jewels
- They (the inhabitants of Mathura) had been awaiting the arrival of Krsna and Balarama with great anxiety, and in their extreme eagerness to see Krsna and Balarama, the ladies did not dress themselves very properly
- They (the people of Kundina) were very much pleased, considering Lord Krsna the suitable match for Rukmini. They were so eager to unite Krsna and Rukmini
- They (the wives of the brahmanas) did not have to be convinced of the importance of Krsna and Balarama; immediately upon hearing Their names, they became very eager to see Them
- This is an instance of eagerness to act in ecstatic love as a result of dishonor to Krsna
- This is another instance of eager loving exchanges on the parts of both the gopis and Krsna
- This is another instance of eagerness caused by dishonor to Krsna
- To fulfill His promise, Krsna, along with Uddhava, went to the house of Kubja, who was very eager to get Krsna for the satisfaction of her lusty desires
- When the devotee meets with Krsna in great eagerness, that state of meeting is called perfection
- When the young girls heard that Lord Krsna, the only object worth seeing, was passing on the road, they were very eager to see this all-famous personality. Their hair loosened, & their tightened saris became slack due to their hastily rushing to see Him
- When this story was being narrated by Sukadeva Gosvami, Maharaja Pariksit became eager to hear more about Krsna’s childhood pastimes. He inquired from Sukadeva Gosvami how Krsna chastised Kaliya, who had been living in the water for many years
- While churning the butter, she (mother Yasoda) sang about these (chilhood) activities (of Krsna of killing demons) in poetical form. This should be the practice of persons eager to remain Krsna conscious twenty-four hours a day
- You may do anything as your occupational duty, but the real life is that you have to awaken your dormant Krsna consciousness, become eager to understand about Krsna. That is main business
- Yudhisthira said, "My dear Krsna, O eternal form of bliss and knowledge, all the exalted directors of the affairs of this material world, including Lord Brahma, Lord Siva and King Indra, are always eager to receive and carry out orders from You"